Weight Loss Support Give and get support here!

Closed Thread

Old 07-15-2002, 01:05 PM   #1  

S/C/G: 242/199/160

Height: 5' 5"

Angry Stay At Home Mom's #53

Welcome!!

Welcome to a thread full of encouragement, support and humor, as we share our lives, restore our health,lose weight and raise a family! Welcome to all newcomers and also to our regulars!! Be sure to go back to SAHM's thread #52 to catch up on what has been happening in everyone's lives.

Last edited by Freckles; 07-15-2002 at 01:08 PM.
Old 07-15-2002, 01:41 PM   #2  

Exclamation

Hi Everyone!

First of all: Thanks for all the Birthday wishes!! We succeeded in going to another Circus Parade. My 41 y/o body has a nice red glow to it now due to being out in the sun for over 4 hrs. I did manage to put sunscreen on my face & part of my arms. So...my face isn't red & I have a nice white stripe going down one of my arms because I never finished putting sunscreen on the rest of it!

Second of all: Welcome Karen/CrochetLegacy & Sinnrah!!

Karen: I hope you come back & join us again so that we can get to know you better & help you out on your weightloss journey. Sinnrah: I'm glad that you followed Spryng over to our thread. We do indeed have a nice group of gals over here & one of us are always around for support & encouragement. I hope that your Grandmother is doing a lot better today. It must be a scarry time for you right now. Sheila: Congrats on getting the home that you were hoping to get! Happy moving to you!! I'm so happy for you! Spryng: I hope that your spirits are up today! I didn't check my e-mail in awhile, but I will check for yours after I'm done posting here, okay? Jen/Sassypie: Are your 2 dgs dogs, or dear girls? I thought you had kids, so let me know on this okay? Mel-It sounds like you have that weightloss thingy all figured out & you are doing such a great job!

Well gals, I'd like to stay around longer-but my dd is getting very impatient & wants to go swimming. I will close for now & I promise to address the rest of you later, okay?
Old 07-15-2002, 06:49 PM   #3  
Diet Freak ;)

Hi,

I am going down to my parents house Thursday. My grandmother is fine right now...but she is worried. She will go into the hospital Friday. My husband left today for two weeks. It has been raining so bad here that I thought maybe they would cancel but they did not. But i am fine.

Thanks for the welcome.

Sinnrah
Old 07-15-2002, 09:10 PM   #4  
One day at a time.

Good evening ladies!

Mood seems to be better this evening, I just had a rough morning! One of the puppies got hurt, but he's doing a little better now. Plus I'm getting a little frustrated with my eating. It's getting harder to stay OP, and I thought by now that it would be much easier? I'm so worried about WI tomorrow that I'm affraid to go (I'm still gonna go anyway)!

Thank you Jackie, but no I don't have this figured out yet! I'm not giving up though!!!

Sinnrah, have a nice trip, and we'll be sending well wishes to your Dg!

Well, I better go drink more water, and clean the kitchen! Have a good night!
Old 07-15-2002, 11:57 PM   #5  

S/C/G: 178/see ticker/113

Height: 5'3

Good evening all!
Good to see you back Jackie! We have missed you!
Today has been really good. I feel almost like my old self again and that is wonderful to me. I only did 10 minutes on the bike again but only because I want to take sunday and mondays off and couldn't bring myself to do it. I really like that thing. But I went to an exercise site and it said that there hasn't been any info saying that 7 days of exercise is better than 5. The results were the same so it encouraged all to take off two days a week. So I thought sunday and mondays would be great because my Dh is off and all that. but still, I would plop down on the couch and see the bike right there in front of me and just couldn't stay away. But I didn't want to over do it, so I just worked out for 10 minutes. Tomorrow though I'm aiming for at least 30.
My eating hasn't been too bad either. We even went out for chinese buffet (which I love) and I had one small plate and didn't even finish it all. I was full so I stopped. It felt good. Then for dinner I had one small taco. So today was good. I'm trying not to weigh to often though. I'm feeling such great results from the bike that I want to constantly hop on the scale to see if it's working. Not that I feel bad when it doesn't go down but everyday is a bit much. I have three more lbs to lose to hit my 5 lb goal for this month. I hope I get close.
Well anyway girls. Things are shaping up here and my dd is almost completely potty trained. She hasn't had any accidents at all the past three days, not even during the night. now when it comes to the #2, she won't go in the potty. Any advice on how to get her to use the potty fot that?? I've talked and talked to her about it but she still won't go in it. So any suggestions from you ladies who have been here before is more than welcome
I guess I'll get off here. I hope everyone has a great night and an OP day tomorrow!!
Old 07-16-2002, 05:38 AM   #6  

Hi Everyone!

My dd woke me up & now I can't get back to sleep. So...here I am, tapping away at the keyboard, visiting you all. Sinnrah: I hope you have a safe trip to your parents house on Thursday. My thoughts will be with you, your Grandmother & family on Friday. Hopefully her hospital stay will go well. I bet you wish that your dh could be with you in the next 2 wks., as this sounds like a difficult time for you right now. As for the rain in your area: Is it anything like AZ is getting right now? How far away do your parents live from you? Happy & safe trails to you & your DH, even though you are going in different directions. How is your weightloss journey going for you? Will you have a plan to stick with when you go out of town?
It sounds like with all the stress your family w/b going through in the next week, you all should go for daily walks together. It will help ease the tension a little & will do your bodies good! Mel:Where in WI are you going to? I live near Milwaukee,WI. Wouldn't it be nice if we could get together? You never know, maybe we'd be close enough! As for staying OP, hang in there & if it makes you feel any better-I'm going through the same thing right now! My Birthday is all over now & it's back to facing reality again. It's been real tough staying OP with the kids home this summer. I had such a great routine going when they were in school. I was eating my fruit for breakfast, drinking plenty of water to rev me up for my morning hour-long pedal on my recumbant bike & then eating a healthy meal for lunch. Lately I'm starting to forget what a vegetable looks like! I don't want my old bod back, so I better get with it! Want to join me? As for your puppy: I hope that it continues to get better & stay out of trouble. Just how did it get hurt anyways, if I may ask? Just last week, I accidently closed the hinged side of my dd's nightstand door on our new kitten's front paw. She let out a loud shreak, limped for a little bit, but is fine now! Thank goodness her bones must be like rubber yet! Spryng: I'm glad to hear that things are going much better for you & that you are almost feeling back to your old self again. I was quite worried about you!
Good for you that you're staying OP while eating out too!
As for your bike: When I'm following my strict exercise routine, I take the weekends off too. It's good to give your muscles some time off, just as long as it's only for a few days. Not like my time off from it!! My head is spinning already thinking on how I'm going to fit in peddlin', along with my housework! To make matters even worse, I promised to spend the day with my kids swimming somewhere. Thank goodness that my DH w/b out of town! (I won't feel as guilty then.) I'm glad to hear that your dd's potty training is going along quite smoothly. If she's staying dry all night, that is a good sign. As for the #2 part: Hmmn...maybe you need to have your sister come on over & bribe her with the lipstick again! Or better yet...get your dd her own sample from the cosmetic counter at your local drug/dept. store. My son was just the opposite, he didn't like #2 in the pants, but didn't mind the potty part.
I'm sure glad that we're over this stage at our house! Well gals, I'm getting sleepy again. I'm going back to bed for awhile.See yah all later...

Last edited by Freckles; 07-16-2002 at 05:41 AM.
Old 07-16-2002, 02:17 PM   #7  

I'm so used to using quick reply that I forgot to use the regulaer reply on this new thread so that I will get email alerts when someone else posts! So now I am using the old reply button.
Anyway, I hope you can fit your bike in again jackie. I know your schedule is so busy. Do you have your bike in your living room? or somewhere else? Maybe if its in a den or exercise room you could move it into the living room so that if you sit down to watch tv you can sit on it and pedal while watching or whatever works for you. Having my bike in the living room has done wonders for me. I sit on the couch and can't help but to see it right in front of me and my body takes over and I feind myself watching one of my favorite shows and pedaling away, I also upped the resistance on the arm bars (not sure what they are called) so that my arms get a bigger workout now too. Today I put in 20 minutes so far. I hope to get at least another 10 in today sometimes hopefully another 20, but we'll see.
The advice on the potty training was good. My dd loves stickers so maybe I will buy her a few sheets of stickers and giver her a sheet to play with every time she goes #2 in her potty chair. Now I just have to buy them
My eating has been good today. I was busy cleaning up this morning so I missed breakfast but had some left over spaghetti for lunch and I'm not sure yet what's for dinner. But I'll find something.
Well I'm on my way to fitday to log in my process. I'll catch up with everyone later!
Old 07-16-2002, 05:26 PM   #8  
Pending Email Confirmation

Hi Everyone!

I am sorry I havent gotten back to you since that first post last week! My hubby has been home on sabbatical and last week was his last full week home. He goes back to work tomorrow. (8.5 weeks off - PAID) Man am I ready for that!

Needless to say, I wasnt able to post much due to the fact he decided to do a TON of stuff including almost completely redoing the front yard landscaping! Not that I am complaining.. but sheesh.. I never even got close to the computer!

But I am starting again tomorrow morning. I will get up when he does and jump on the scale then the treadmill while he is in the shower! I promise to check in with a longer post so you all can learn a bit about me!

Hugs to everyone!
Old 07-16-2002, 11:47 PM   #9  
Diet Freak ;)

Hi Ladies,

I would have been here sooner but I was having a slow computer day. But, Freckles- I dont know what kind of rain AZ is getting right now. I know that it is really bad here. I dont even know if I can get to my parents house. They live five hours away...but they also have been getting alot of rain. They are near Houston.

I am feeling a little down. I miss my hubby. I am doing alright with my diet today. I started trying to follow some Atkins stuff. Still dont have the book but have been looking around on the website. My father has diabetes so he has a certain diet that he can eat. So there will be things at my parents house for me to continue w/ my diet. We will grill some chicken.

I hope everyone is doing well this evening. I had to go and buy some sleep aid. I was up until 3 am. I dont like to sleep alone. I ended up pigging out. But oh well....there is always the next day. Right? LOL

Hopefully i will hear from my hubby soon. He can call from a satellite phone. But the rain has been so bad out in the Gulf that he may not be able to. Sorry, Ladies, I just love him too much as times.

Enough of my late night rambling.

Take Care
Sinnrah
Old 07-17-2002, 10:21 AM   #10  

Quote:
Originally posted by spryng
now when it comes to the #2, she won't go in the potty. Any advice on how to get her to use the potty fot that?? I've talked and talked to her about it but she still won't go in it. So any suggestions from you ladies who have been here before is more than welcome
Dont know if this helps but My DD took almost a full year to go #2 in the potty. My son? 2 weeks! I think girls have a natural fear of the potty when it comes to #2 as most of my friends with girls had the same problem. HTey dont necessarily act out on the fear but itis there underlying. What I did is have Cassie help me clean up her mess.. laundry etc... eventually she did get started going (probably about 2 months after we started the clean up) so at home we were doing good! It was when we were out that took FOREVER because she didnt want to miss out. treats worked some what but not all the time. It just seemed to click for cassie one day! from then on no more # 2 accidents!

Hang in there.. it will happen. Like my pediatrician said, all kids go off to college being able to go to the bathroom by themselves! LOL That really put me in perspective!

Hugs!
Old 07-17-2002, 10:45 AM   #11  

Hi everyone!

So far I am having a GREAT day!

I got up at 6 and weighed in for my starting weight. UGH! 195. but I know now how bad things are. In Jan of 2000 I was 169.. so that is 26 pounds gained in 2.5 years.

After I weighed in, I got dressed, grabbed a bottle of water and hopped on the tread mill! I want to get back into my running routine so I am following the Runner's world recommended start up again. So for the next 8 days I walk!

After my walk I felt so good! I already have 3 glasses of water in and am showered and ready for the day! I am eating my oatmeal and banana breakfast as we speak!

Just a little background on me, I am a 35 year old SAHM of 2 kids Tyler(almost 6 with 4 loose teeth!) and Cassie (4). I live in the beautiful Pacific Northwest. in Feb of 1999 I started WW at Home program at my all time High weight of 225. That year I lost 56 pounds with the help and support of the gals on the WWathome board here at 3FC.

Then we made a move from CA to WA in 2000. All my hard work went out the window! Well, not all of it.. just some of it. But I am not daunted because I know that I will have to watch my weight all my life. That is just the way it is. BUT I have a plan of attack.

Although WW did wonderful things for me, I just cannot imagine counting points for the rest of my life. WW taught me how to eat correctly, portion sizes, quantity of food groups, etc. So my plan is to stick with the basics, cut out fat, high calorie foods and replace them with lower fat and healthier alternitives. I need to get exercise back into my life regularly, and my goal is to run a 3 or 5K by next summer.

My weight goal of 135? I want to get there as quickly as possible, BUT realisitcally tomorrow wont happen! LOL! So I am looking at a 2 year plan. By next summer I want to be down to 165 and then hit goal by summer 2004. ( that still gives me 1 year wiggle room for my 20 year reunion in 2005! LOL )

Besides being a wife and mother, I am a frelance crochet pattern designer. I have just begun the process to start self publishing my patterns. I am shooting for October 1 as my release date for my first afghan leaflet! Crochet Keeps me sane! And i have a rule too, no eating when I am crocheting... that helped me loose the first 56 pounds...

Sinnrah - I hope you heard from your hubby! I know how it is to miss them! My hubby used to travel for 2 weeks (including weekends) out of every month. It is hard!!

Freckles - Thanks for the welcome! I plan to post more often now! Hubby is back at work!

Hope all have a great day! I am off.. we have a dental appointment in an hour!!
Old 07-17-2002, 11:18 AM   #12  

Good morning all!
Sinnrah, I thought you weighed 105?? Are you maintaining or still dieting?? What is your goal weight?
Karen, it's so nice to get to know you. And congrats on getting on your treadmill this morning. I've been interested in WW but never really looked into it. Plus something inside me just won't let me pay for a diet. I think because losing weight increases health all programs should either be free or covered on insurance.
Today I really need to buckle down and get some extra exercise in. Last night I went to a pizza buffett and really over did it. But it was just so good. Then this morning I had cheese nips for breakfast. Not the best of choices. So for the rest of the day I want to eat light and get in about an hour combined of exercise to undo my damange. but we'll see. I just feel so lazy today. I would love to crawl back into bed and sleep the rest of the day away. But of course as you ladies know, it's not possible with two toddlers running around. But I may get in a nap later when they do.
Anyway, I hope everyone else has a great OP day and I hope I do too
Old 07-17-2002, 12:27 PM   #13  
Searching for Motivation

Morning

Karen - I can relate to your weight yo-yo so much - especially the moving part! I was doing great on my plan too until we decided to move - then there was literally no time! We were either packing, cleaning, showing or just never in the house due to high interest. Then once we did finally move, the unpacking began -ugh! Everything at that point just seemed so overwhelming and the exercize just got lower and lower on the ladder. So after gaining all the lost weight back and loving myself for it (not!), it finally got to the point where I couldn't stand it anymore and I started back up again.

When I really stop and think about it I get angry with myself because I don't understand WHY I waited so long to get back into shape. I wouldn't tolerate the excuses from anyone else so why did I allow myself to make so many for so long? I still don't know the answer to that one... The good news is though that now I'm up and moving again and so are you so congrats and best of luck to you!

Spryng - as for the doo-doo dilemma, the only thing I can suggest is to be as patient and nonchalant about the whole thing as possible BUT watch for the "signs". I know that's much easier said than done! But from experience, believe me it is much better to observe their "tendancies" and get them there a little late than to wait for them to tell you.

My oldest daughter never wanted to stop what she was doing and she would hold it and then have a hard time passing. We actually had to take her to the doctor and give her mineral oil and lots of fiber everyday - and it was still a difficult passing. I blame myself because I realized later that she would kind of *disappear* when she had to go. If I would have noticed earlier she may not have had to go through that rough stage . So I hope this helps you a little bit at least - no pressure, just observation.

I have to tell you all quickly that last night we had a bit of a scare here. I had just finished doing my excersizes (around 9:30) and I heard and felt this huge BOOM! The house literally vibrated and I didn't know if it had come from outside or upstairs (where the girls were sleeping). My dh was in the basement on the phone and heard something but thought it was just me working out (nice huh - I'm not that heavy! ) so he didn't worry about it. I, on the other hand, ran up the stairs and found my youngest had fallen out of bed. I worried that she had fallen on her head because it was so loud and she was crying and disoriented and then I realized that her neck was really flush. I took her temp and she didn't have a fever but she was complaining that she was "all itchy". I took off her nightgown and she was covered in hives!

Ok, so at this point I'm kinda freaking out inside because I'm trying to remember everything that she had eaten or been in contact with today and my dh is still downstairs on the phone completely unaware that any of this is going on. Not to mention that she also had made a huge #2 mess (liquid) in her pants and she needed to get cleaned up and into the tub.

So, to make my quick story quick, we *think* that it could have been either the fishsticks or the raspberry yogurt that she had for dinner that caused the reaction. She's had fishsticks many times before but not for a long time and as for the yogurt, I can't remember the last time she had raspberry but I want to say she's had that before too. She's fine this morning and acts as if nothing happened last night; but I'm still curious to know what caused the hives. As mean as it sounds, I almost want her to have both separately just so I can see if it was either so I know to have her avoid them in the future. Does this sound terrible? I hope not.

Anyway, I'd better go, the girls keep asking me when we're going to play school and I keep saying "as soon as I finish this post" and they've asked me about 10 times a piece. It's always nice when the youngest does everything the oldest does just to be exactly like her . See you all later and have a great day!
Old 07-17-2002, 12:41 PM   #14  

Wow sassy- that does sound like a scare. I don't know the first thing about hives but I'm glad to hear they cleared up on their own. if they aren't dangerous it's probably ok to try the yogurt or fishsticks again seperately to see if that caused the reaction but talk to a doctor about it first.
Well I got in 20 minutes on the bike so far today. It was really hard for me to stay on it. I just wanted to plop on the couch. After 5 minutes I told myself I'd stop at 10 and then at 10 I forced myself to get to 15 and so on. once I hit 20 though I was sweating and tired so I hopped in the shower really quick and freshened up and thought I would feel rejuvenated but instead I am feeling even more tired. I didn't stay up too late last night, got in bed by midnight. The kids didn't get up until 9 so that's at least 9 hours of sleep so why am I so tired!!! The kids lay down at 1 pm and I think I may be going down too. I need a pick me up potion. Wait... I think I may have a diet pepsi in the fridge... gonna go find out...
talk to you girls later
Old 07-17-2002, 02:04 PM   #15  
Diet Freak ;)

Hi Ladies,

Sprying- Girl, I am always dieting. I am on a maintenance program. But would like to lean out more. Just thought maybe Atkins would teach me more about low carb and give me more variety.

I do weigh 105. But still have excess fat around the mid section. I get that honestly from my genes. But I am going to try and get it leaned out. We'll See.

Crochet- I havent heard from my husband yet. I am leaving out of town tomorrow. So hopefully I will talk to him this weekend.

Okay ladies....you all have a wonderful Day. It is actually Sunshining here in TEXAS.....

Love
Sinnrah
Closed Thread