Closed Thread

Old 07-15-2002, 09:58 AM   #1  

Default Weigh in at home 7/15 - 7/21

Starting the topic
Old 07-15-2002, 10:04 AM   #2  

Good morning. Well, my weigh in wasn't great - I had a 0.6 gain - but I expected more given my PMS snacking and the fact that I got TOM so I was pretty happy. So, I'm on track now and hoping to see a good loss on Saturday before going out to the beach on Sunday. I don't know if it's going to be possible to get to a total of 10 pounds lost (that would be a 3 pound loss) but I'm going to try to get as close as possible. I got the aqua jogger on Saturday and tried it in the pool over the weekend - wow - what a workout (I had my heart rate monitor on and saw the numbers too)! I'm planning on going to the pool after work today and jogging some more. Yesterday, Tony and I played a little tennis - I used the knee brace and was able to really run down some balls with no ill effect. It felt great!

This week at work is likely to be very crazy but I'm keeping the beach in my mind - that, plus some good snacking foods in the house, plus my knitting will be enough to keep me on track.

I'd better get back to it now,
Judy
163.6/156.6/135
Old 07-15-2002, 10:34 AM   #3  

S/C/G: 268.8/266.4/145

Height: 5'8"

Hi everyone. I hope you all had good weekends.

Judy - Don't fret about that small gain - it's most likely water and you'll have it off in no time. I'm sending you positive vibes for getting as much of those three pounds off as you can. You're on target for a really good week - I can tell. What's an aqua jogger? What ever it is, I'm glad that you're finding that it's giving you a good workout.

I had a good weekend. I did fine at the Polish buffet. I used up a lot of my banked points, but didn't go in a deficit. I followed my plan and wrote down everything I had, including the bites from Ana's plate, and totaled it up and that really helped keep me in the groove for the rest of the weekend. It's scary how many points I ate and I was taking really small portions and passed on a lot of things. I didn't feel a bit deprived though. Part of it is that I don't tell myself "I can't have this." I tell myself "I choose not to have this." I ended up using a banked point yesterday as well. Yesterday I didn't do as well getting in my dairy and my fruits and veggies, but I did journal all weekend, which is quite a success for me. I even took a short walk yesterday. I'm hoping for good results at the scale on Wednesday. I'd really like to sneak into the 250s before we leave for vacation.

Have a great day everyone.

Carla
Old 07-15-2002, 03:45 PM   #4  

Carla - way to go on writing everything down everything you ate, even the bites from Ana's plate! Double way to go on journalling all weekend. I think doing that really puts me in the groove. That's a great mental trick - I'll have to remember it - "I choose not to have this". Glad to hear that you went for a short walk.

The aqua jogger is a belt that keeps you buoyant (sp?) at around shoulder height in the water. You then do a jogging motion (you don't move as far in the water as on land!) or any number of other exercises (e.g., imitate cross-country skiing). I found that walking in the pool (I don't like swimming for exercise) just didn't seem "hard" enough and I felt like I needed a kick-start to my exercise program since I haven't been doing tapes while babying my knee before vacation. It was tough and I'm hoping that the thunderstorms hold off for a while so Tony and I can go to the pool after work and I can get in a workout. I did some abs and shoulder weight work this morning.
Old 07-16-2002, 02:34 PM   #5  
Canadian, eh?

Good Morning;

Quiet around here today!

Carla - what a great weekend you had tracking and journalling, and staying within your banked points. I went to a baltic restaurant for a work function once; eatern european so I imagine very similar to Polish...there was a massive smorgasbord, and all I remember thinking was "don't these people eat any vegetables?? There was meat and sausage galore - I could almost feel my poor arteries clogging up. Not many heath conscious options around, so doubly good for you!

Judy - sorry to hear about your small gain, sure it'll be gone by Saturday. Your aqua jogger sounds cool; what a great way to get exercise and stay cool at the same time! Great that your knee is holding out for you...hopefully it'll stay that way.

I've been doing pretty well, seem to alternate between OP and NOP every other day, but overall I'm pretty pleased with how it's going. The weight training is starting to pay dividends, and I'm looking forward to a loss tomorrow.

Have a great day...

Karen
Old 07-16-2002, 05:52 PM   #6  

Hi all.

Judy - That aqua jogger sounds pretty cool. I"ll have to tell my mom about it. She's been taking a pool exercise class at the Y designed for those with arthritis for several years now.

Karen - Yeah, this buffet was short on veggies, at least in the hot food section, and what they had swam in butter. Luckily the have a very nice salad bar so I was able to fill up on a salad before I tackled anything else. I'm glad to hear it's going well for you. I'll be thinking of you when I jump on the scale tomorrow.

I had a lot of snack attacks yesterday afternoon, but I managed weigh, measure and count, so I kept it from getting out of hand. I even ended my day with three banked points. Was snacky again this afternoon. Luckily I stocked up on low point stuff. It's really feeling like PMS - snack attacks, moody, retaining water - but its a couple of weeks early for that. I'm going to scream if I have to start dealing with this in shorter intervals.

Ana's having her dental work tomorrow, so I don't know if I'll get to post or not. So have a great day everyone and I'll check in with you as soon as I can.

Carla
Old 07-17-2002, 12:50 PM   #7  
Canadian, eh?

Hi...

Just have a minute before I have to take FIL to the dr...

Carla, hope all is well with Ana following her dental work...no doubt she won't be a happy camper today.

Pleased to report a 1 lb loss today. Had a good workout at the gym yesterday, and have been for a walk/jog by the river with the dogs this morning.

Going to a family BBQ at my parents tonight; it is the only evening of the entire summer when all family members are available. I'm going to take a veggie plate and concentrate on nibbling from it.

Have a good day...

Karen
Old 07-17-2002, 04:03 PM   #8  

Karen B - Congratulations on that pound gone forever! I'm glad to hear that the weight trainig is paying off. I have to admit that I've been slacking off a bit in that department but I am determined to do my shoulder exercises this evening and will also try to add some more upper body. It sounds like you have a good strategy for the BBQ at your parents. I'll be sending you "OP" vibes!

Carla - Sorry to hear you've been having the PMS-like yuckies. I'll be thinking good thoughts for Ana's dental work. It turns out that Anthony needs a bit of work too - the dentist is going to see how he reacts to the cleaning and fluride treatment...the work he needs will no doubt need at least novacaine. My step daughter was debating what to do (don't think he'll put up with it unless he is under; doesn't like exposing him to the risk, etc.)

I had a good day yesterday. It turned out that my stepdaughter and grandson came over and went to the town pool with Tony's niece and great nieces (one is 3 1/2 and the other is almost 1). They came back to the house afterwards and when I got home from the city we all had dinner together. Again, because my s.d. is on WW it really helped me. I ate to max and used 1/2 point of my banked points but that's OK - I've been good about getting my milks in too. Three days down, two to go before vacation (and no more days in the city!).

Have a great one!
Judy
Old 07-18-2002, 12:06 PM   #9  

Hi everyone.

Ana came through her dental work just fine. Her mouth is still hurting her a bit, so I continue to give her Advil. But she doesn't complain at all - I have to ask her how it's doing. She also had no adverse reactions to the anesthesia - no tummy upsets or anything. Her throat was a bit sore from the breathing tube, but that's it. She was back to her old self by early evening. The dentist ended up doing 7 caps.

Karen - Congrats on that pound that's left you forever. Good work. I hope you had fun at your parent's BBQ yesterday and that the veggie tray helped you.

Judy - I understand your SD's hesitation. I was really worried about the anesthesia too. That's why we chose to have it done at the hospital because she was going to be under for so long. It cost us a lot - my entire retention bonus is gone on just the costs of the OR room and supplies. And that's before the dentist's bill as well as the anesthesiologist. But it was worth it for the peace of mind. Glad to hear you had a good day the other day. Do you find getting in your milks to be as helpful as I do?

Aside from Ana's dental work going well, the other good news from yesterday. Those pesky two pounds that snuck back on last week left and took three more of their ugly friends with them. That's right - 5 pounds off! I was ecstatic! Now I have to keep the momentum going. We did have Mexican food last night, which I find hard to count and I did have a snack attack after we got back from the hospital. But I'm right back to counting and writing it all down today. I'm looking ahead to another good weigh-in next week and maybe sneaking into a new decade. Thank goodness we have no plans for the weekend so far, so no major challenges are looming.

Have a great day.

Carla
266 (266.8 last week)/261.8/239 - 1st 10%/150
Old 07-18-2002, 07:05 PM   #10  
Canadian, eh?

Hi All,

Carla - what a terrific loss!!!! Way to go!!!! Congratulations!!!! About time you showed that scale who's boss. Seems all that dedicated journalling has paid off big time. So glad to hear that all went well for Ana yesterday.

Judy - it's going to be even quieter around here when you're gone to the beach! Sounds like a fun dinner at your house last evening.

I forgot to take my veggie tray last night! Ate too much but didn't go nuts, and today I have eighty million raw veggies to chomp on. Went to the gym yesterday, am taking the day off today.

Talk to you tomorrow,

Karen
Old 07-19-2002, 08:53 AM   #11  

Carla - WOW! Way to go on that fantastic loss! I'm sure the stress of the hospital had something to do with the snack attack but it's great that you are right back on track. Doesn't writing everything down help? Sometimes it stops me from having another snack or "a little bit more". Yes, I do find that getting the milks in really does help - it helps me feel full (satisfied) and I really think it makes a difference in the weight coming off. I'm glad to hear that Ana is doing well. Anthony needs two caps in the back of his mouth and needs a couple of teeth pulled. I can't imagine it getting done any other way except for him to be put under anesthesia. My SD said the only way she would allow him to be put under anesthesia is in a hospital (she's an RN).

Karen - sorry to hear that you forgot the veggie tray but good for you for not going nuts. Good for you for getting to the gym! It's gotten to be a habit for you! Yeah, it's been really quiet around here - I wish I could access the internet on vacation - I'd love to come here for a bit of motivation.

I had a couple of pretty good days. I did go over my max by either a 1/2 or 1 point yesterday but I had it in the bank. The great news is that I did a 1/2 hour of one of my favorite step tapes yesterday and my knee was fine afterwards and is fine today! Now I just have to be sure that I don't go overboard. One more day of work and then it's vacation! I plan on having low point point breakfasts and lunches and then "not going nuts" for dinner. Tony and I will play tennis a few times and go to the driving range. I hope to drag Tony out with me for some walks too.

I'll try to get on later today or tomorrow. If I don't get back on, have a good OP weekend, good weigh-ins and a good week!
Judy
Old 07-19-2002, 09:41 AM   #12  

Hi all.

Karen - Enjoy those veggies! Maybe you can make a nice stir fry with them. Sounds like you did great at the BBQ - good for you!

Judy - That's terrific that you were able to do your step tape without having any subsequent knee problems. Good for you! Have a wonderful, relaxing vacation. We'll miss you.

I had a good day yesterday. John wanted Chinese for dinner and I really couldn't think of what I wanted to make for dinner, so that's what we did. Instead of my usual Kung Pao chicken, I had veggies, so I'm pretty pleased with myself. I managed to fit it in point-wise and even bank a few points. I have tonight's dinner planned out using a recipe from a WW cookbook, so today should go well too. Of course I'm going to have to double my efforts to guzzle water as the Chinese food has me retaining today.

Have a great day.

Carla
Old 07-19-2002, 11:26 AM   #13  

Hi, Hope you are all well.

Carla-What a great loss, way to go. I am glad things worked out well with Anna's dental work.

Things have been very crazy around here. Very busy! My boss went on vacation and all **** broke loose, instead of my nice lazy week, I was like a chicken with my head cut off.

Weight wise doing ok, just floating inbetween 152-154. Still working out at Jazzercise and bought some Yoga tapes, hoping it will add some stress relief to my life.

I wish you all continued success and happiness. I will try to be more faithfull to you.

Have a great weekend
Closed Thread