go aussie chicks
go xmas challenge
woo woo woo
smylie is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-06-2009, 05:39 AM   #2  
Am I a senior too?

S/C/G: 74/64.2/58

Height: 153cm

maybe they just like us and aren't going to lock us out anymore? Posting same on old one
7senuf is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-06-2009, 04:54 PM   #3  
Senior Member sounds old!

S/C/G: 104/ticker/74.5kg

Height: 174cm - I think

BLAH
i am either 103.7 or 104.4 depending on where i put the scales
i am going to weigh in again in about 30 mins and then whatever it says I guess i'll go with
either i am NOT happy coz BOTH are a gain
sigh
Old 09-06-2009, 06:12 PM   #4  

104.3kg what i was the week before last
so that is gain of 700 grams
sucks but such is life
not giving up - as i am skinnier the scales are just not my friend
benji will be surprised as he was telling me last night how good i have been

"goal" for this week - make portion sizes a little smaller
Old 09-06-2009, 07:45 PM   #5  
It's ME!

I lost the plot completely last week. Only went to the gym once, purely due to laziness and ate crap all week.

Yesterday being fathers day I went to visit my dad and what a thoroughly depressing experience that was. My dad is 63 and has had Multiple Sclerosis since he was in his 20’s. He’s also bi-polar and has early onset alzheimers/dementia and parkinsons. He lives in a rest home now as it got too much for mum to look after him.

So I went to visit him and he started on about how horrible mum is and that she’s not the woman he fell in love with and then when it was time for me to leave he got mad and swore at me. I was in tears and went straight home and drank 3 pints of cider and ate a whole lot of crap. The truth is that I wish he would die and we could all be free of having to worry about him and I feel horrible for feeling that way. Especially when I know so many people whose parents have died and they’d give anything to have them back.

So not a good week for me last week and not a very nice weekend. At least it’s a new day today and I’ve started it well. My goals for today are to 1) make good decisions with food and 2) go to the gym and do weights and spin.

LittleKiwi is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-07-2009, 12:32 AM   #6  
Am I a senior too?

Julia it must be hard for all that rage to be felt. By your dad AND you guys. I have been palliative nursing a cancer patient and last week they screamed at their marriage partner to get out go away and not come back. They came out of the room almost in tears but trying to be strong. I gave a hug and said though its hard, you can't take it to heart. Disease is nasty and makes people say and do horrible thingts that ordinarily wouldnt have been said or done. I went back into room and quietly told their offspring that they prob needed a hug.

After 10 min or so everything was fine. well as fine as could be. but the partner will prob never forget it and prob will be subjected to more of the same until the end.
Old 09-07-2009, 04:42 PM   #7  
It's ME!

You've hit the nail on the head Vonni, Disease is nasty and makes people say and do horrible thingts that ordinarily wouldnt have been said or done.

Problem is that Dad's been like this for the best part of 30 years. He's been like this pretty much all of my life and has progressively gotten worse. He's horrible to mum who has given up her life to care for him and he's horrible to us kids and to be honest I don't know how much longer I can handle putting up with it. The less I visit him the less I want to see him but then of course I feel horrible for feeling that way. It's a very hard situation.

Had a pretty good day yesterday, went to the gym and did weights and spin. Got home and Nigel had cooked me dinner, poured a glass of wine and run a bubble bath. Very sweet

Goal for today is to make good decisions with food. No gym tonight as I'm going to a cocktail function for work.

Hope you're all well

Old 09-07-2009, 05:43 PM   #8  
Blue Team Member

S/C/G: 297/229/150

Height: 5'5/168cm

I was sulking lol... i stayed the same again...weightwise... but now kno its becuase of tom.. i was hoping the work ould pay off and i haventr been back to the gym since i weighed in friday morning...... othing like getting a kick in your motivation.. so i Missed the aqua class thursday to do the fathers day stall .. didint go friday night... to the dance one.. .. or sunday moriging or last night.... lol... so im here to confess my sins... .. food wise ive been ok... but decided to chnge it up going to reduce my cals for the week and see if i get some action..

we did however go to the show on saturday and wlked around there for 4 hours... and then i cleaned my house from top to bottom and walked 9kms. ( 2 hrs).. with the dog yesterday so im not just sitting around doing nothing ... and im really enjoying the walking in the lovely weather.. down th bike track where it feels like your the only one for miles... its great ..
amouse is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-07-2009, 05:46 PM   #9  

i so wish i was sulking about staying the same, thats what i said to benji i would not have cared if i was the same or if i had lost only 100grams but to GAIN 700grams is plain depressing especially since i went to gym tuesday, wednesday and thursday and then painted the fence thursday, friday and sunday and ate 'well'
i think maybe it was two kebabs in one week - perhaps i NOW know not a wise choice!

amy i think you are doing so much good stuff your weight stall will be muscle related who knows but at least you are not 'giving up'
Old 09-08-2009, 09:41 AM   #10  
Bringing Sexy Back!

S/C/G: 125kg/125kg/70kg

Height: 164cm

Sorry for not posting, last week put on 300grams. Very dissapointed but was expecting it, had fallen off the wagon.

This week I had softball training and went for a 20 minute walk. I lost 2kg this week!

In total I've lost 5.5kg in just over three weeks. Plus I lost 25cm. Very excited!
Renny Sue is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-09-2009, 12:50 AM   #11  
It's ME!

Have had a good day today, eaten well and am off to the gym in 10 minutes.

Sad story in the news today, 2 bodies were found buried under a house last week and today it's been confirmed that one is that of a woman who went missing last year. She was 28 and was someone I'd been friendly with when I was a teenager, not really close but we were part of a group who hung around together.

She had a pretty tough life and it's so sad to know that she died this way. At least she can be laid to rest now.
Old 09-09-2009, 11:14 PM   #12  
Blue Team Member

Omg im being sooo bad today.... little mis mischief is home sick... and im eating eveything in sight becuase im bummed.... I thought i had broken this habit??? grrrr...... i cant go for a walk and its so lovely outside that is all i wanna do....... and i need to wrap her birthday presents too ..... but nooo.... and i need to... and ....... but no.... im too busy looking after little miss snot ,cough and cry... yay me... im yup to 1200 calories already and its barely half way through the day.. .... no fair no how uh uh..

uuuuuugggggggghhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhh... poor leah... she's miserable
Old 09-10-2009, 06:10 AM   #13  
Am I a senior too?

where is everybody? Ani? Lindor? Gen? Barb?
Old 09-10-2009, 04:21 PM   #14  

S/C/G: 109.6kg/104.6kg/67kg (15/8/10)

Height: 170cm

Lurking...and steadily increasing in size!

It's 'troppo' season here! HOT, HUMID, MUCKY weather!!! We had a drop of rain the other day and that has just made it worse!

Still 'exercising' by delivering junkmail...but not sure how much longer I want to do that with this weather and as we are approaching the wet season! And with Xmas coming up now, the load of junkmail is only going to increase too! Ugh!

My whole family is now sick!!

Mista with his heart issues (although he is doing great at the moment!).

We all had a dose of Frontline to control the flea plague here...my other dog has not stopped vomiting since! She is still eating and is still herself...told the vet she said to just keep an eye on her and if it persists...blah blah blah!

The cat got his annual vaccine and a worming pill on Monday...he is now using his litter tray every five minutes, day and night, and producing very little! Took him to the vet again last night - "possibly cystitis" and I need to get a urine sample to confirm that!!

So fun and games here!

I could also add that Mum is going in for investigative surgery next week and Dad is off for an Angiogram and quite possibly a heart bypass surgery next week too!!

Me...pleased to say I am feeling ok other than a slightly sore back from carrying too much junkmail! And I am really bothered about how I am supposed to collect a urine sample from a cat!!!

I am doing a heap of overtime at work to cover costs at the moment so really don't have the time to think healthy cooking in the evening!

So that is me in a nutshell! A BIG nutshell!
Lindor is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-10-2009, 06:42 PM   #15  
Blue Team Member

welll im more then happy this morning.. not only did i loose 1.1 kg... but i broke into the 220's in pounds and got below my previous goal weight... years ago when i first started to try to lose weight.. i was in the 220's so.. it kinda like my old stomping ground... ( im talking 1997 ish here... lol)..

i think the lightest ive been over the last say 15 years is about 98 kilos.. so its getting closer.... im so pleased... to be getting close ...

104.2 kilos i am now.. so creeping there..

Last edited by amouse; 09-10-2009 at 06:43 PM.