Old 09-04-2009, 09:46 AM   #1  

S/C/G: 85 kg

Height: 1.74 m

Default IBS-D and WW

Hi!
I'm new here and tomorrow i'm gonna join WW in Dublin (Ireland). I'm lactose intolerant and have IBS-D so i was wondering if anybody with similar issues tried WW diet and was it successful diet despite dairy-free food and ibs-d.
Tomorrow i'll go to the first meeting and see how does it work, i hope i'll find it suitable diet for me.

Greetings!
smile is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-05-2009, 06:50 PM   #2  
Never looking back...

S/C/G: 194/ticker/140

Height: 5'4"

I'm guessing you're talking about Irritable Bowel Syndrome. I have it (at times I have it pretty severely) and all my symptoms pretty much STOPPED when I started WW. No more gas, constipation, or diarrhea.
MrsJerseyben is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-05-2009, 07:06 PM   #3  

S/C/G: 229/220/170

Height: 6'0'

I have the same diagnosis as you. Are you on any medications? Upping my fiber helped immensely. I did it without dairy, and without artificial sweeteners (a huge IBS trigger for me). It can be done. I did it three years ago and dropped 40 pounds. It's only when I started getting lazy again that I gained some back
chickybird is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-06-2009, 07:39 AM   #4  

Wow, i hope that ww will do so good for my irritable bowels as well! :-) MrsJerseyben and chickybird, you gave me new hope, i really really hope ww will help me! :-))) I'm not on any medications for IBS, i used until 3 weeks ago enteric coated peppermint oil capsules (they were fantastic and i'm gonna start use them again) and probiotics, they both were so effective for me that i was ibs-d free for 3 months since i started using them, but then i decided to see how i'm gonna function without them and indeed ibs-d is back. So i'll start using them again from tomorrow.
Old 09-06-2009, 01:54 PM   #5  

S/C/G: 229/220/170

Height: 6'0'

Just a word of advice: always put your foot down and find out what exactly is in your food at restaurants. All kinds of trigger foods lurk in there, ha ha!
chickybird is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-06-2009, 08:23 PM   #6  
Never looking back...

I agree chickybird! Lots of a oil in restaurant food can get things a-moving pretty quick!
Old 09-08-2009, 04:23 PM   #7  

Yes it's true. I usually avoid restaurants because of that, just unbelievable how fat some food can be, oil dripping everywhere. Tasty- yes, but not fun when it reaches bowels. ;-)
Old 09-08-2009, 06:57 PM   #8  
Never looking back...

Yep, DH and I ate out the other night and the gas came back right away. It's hard to believe I allowed myself to have gas like that every night!