Weight Loss Support Give and get support here!

Old 09-03-2009, 12:35 PM   #1  
Rawr!

S/C/G: 210/122.2/130

Height: 5'2"-5'3"

Default Proud of myself!

I'm not sure if this is the right spot to post this but since I have no one that really understands to talk to IRL and since I really feel like sharing with someone, I thought what better place then this forum.

Yesterday was very hard for me, my daughter (who is 3 going on 4 this month) just started preschool and as a stay at home mom since she was born this was the first time I have ever let her go like that. I'm not sure if any other mothers feel the same way as I do but it was very hard (emotionally) to let my little baby go with practical strangers and just walk away. I know, wah, but it was hard for me. It probably doesn't help that it's my TOM so I'm even more emotional than normal.

Anyways, after my husband and I dropped her off it was my lunch time and even though I wanted to (and that little devil on my shoulder said I DESERVED it) I didn't give in to emotional eating urges and I told my husband I wanted to go home to have lunch so I could stay on plan. I ended up staying right on plan all day!

Then this morning I had to wake up at 3 in the morning to take my husband to work (one car family and I need it to take my daughter to her second day of preschool today) and had a very hard time falling back to sleep. I probably got about one crummy hour before my alarm went off telling me it's time to get up and do my workouts. Not only that but before I took him to work I slept really bad (probably because I knew I had to get up and take him and was stressing about it). So needless to say that little devil tried to tempt me to stay in bed, I told him NO! Then he tried to tempt me to do a lighter workout (today I do a harder program on my elliptical that I really have to huff and puff to get through). He almost had me on that one but I fought back and again told him NO! I did my harder program AND my harder yoga program just to spite him!

So today I'm feeling very proud of myself! *pats self on back* I could have easily given into excuses and eaten no no food and not exercised or even just have taken the easy exercise but I knew that would only make me feel worse.

I'll be surprised if anyone reads all the way though my little bragging session but it feels good to see it here and share it!
MeowMix is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-03-2009, 01:39 PM   #2  

Congrats! Staying on track in those situations is SO hard, I'm proud that you made it through as well!! Good work.
getfitchicks is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-03-2009, 02:04 PM   #3  
Resident Pixie

S/C/G: Pant Size - 28/12/8

Height: 5'2"

Onederchic is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-03-2009, 03:18 PM   #4  
Baby Stepping Along

I read it all and you ROCK! Great job!

Peg
p7eggyc is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-03-2009, 04:09 PM   #5  
Half Marathoner!!!

S/C/G: A bunch/ticker/140

Height: 5'5''

I read it all the way through as well! Good job on staying on plan and exercising! You go chick!
EveLHaelf is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-03-2009, 08:38 PM   #6  

S/C/G: 87.1kg/82.3/67

Height: 164cms

I read it! That must have taken a lot of willpower, well done! You should be really proud!
yoursummerdream is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-03-2009, 08:47 PM   #7  
Must do this!!

S/C/G: 175/ticker/125

Height: 5'2

Congrats....I know I would've went ahead and ate all the junk in the world lol...so be VERY proud of yourself. WOOOHOO!!
LiL PiXiE is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-03-2009, 09:45 PM   #8  

S/C/G: 265/132/150

Height: 5'5"

I remember taking my kids on their first days of school and it was rough! They were fine, I was not you deserve a big pat on the back for sticking to your plan.
H8cake is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-03-2009, 10:58 PM   #9  

S/C/G: 217 /*/140

omg, big lush here. I would have been all about the starbucks java latte...I cried like a well......momma..on his first day. I cried every grade up too. And I will really cry when he goes to middle school. I'm just a wuss. Congrats to you!!! That is so awesome!
jendiet is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-03-2009, 11:43 PM   #10  

S/C/G: 248.8/232.2/135

Height: 5'8"

Right on! Congrats!

J
LotusMama is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-04-2009, 12:33 PM   #11  
Rawr!

S/C/G: 210/122.2/130

Height: 5'2"-5'3"

Thanks everyone soooo much! I felt really self congratulatory writing this but it did feel really good to share.

You're all the best!
MeowMix is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-04-2009, 03:37 PM   #12  

S/C/G: 259/ticker/140

Well congratulations girlie!!! Hey, you just showed that little devil who's the boss now didn't you? Good for you!

And just so ya know, THIS is exactly the type of stuff our little group over in the Sept Challenge LOVE to hear!! You really should post this over there so everyone can see it!!
iDream is offline   Reply With Quote