Old 08-31-2009, 02:15 PM   #1  

S/C/G: 225/218/150

Height: 5'8"

Default Not eating enough points?

I'm curious...
I started WW 2 weeks ago, and my daily points balance is 30 (not including FlexPoints and Activity Points). At first, I found it easy to consume all 30 points for the day, even spilling over into my Flex Points. Now, however, I'm finding it almost impossible to eat that much!

The first week, I just pretty much ate what I felt like, making sure to track everything and make sure I didn't go over by the end of the day, using my FP as needed.

The next week, I made a daily meal plan based on what I was eating last week, following the same basic point guidelines I had been using, as it had definitely worked for me. However, after my meals are planned out for the day, I still have 10-15 points left over. I'm trying to fill those in with snacks, as I've heard that if you don't eat all your points, you can slow your metabolism and find yourself on a plateau. But it's just so hard... I'm not hungry after I've eaten my pre-planned meals, and fitting in that many snacks seems impossible!

Should I just leave well enough alone, and only eat when I'm hungry, or should I try to plan out higher-point meals? I'm also exercising +/- 30 mins a day, so this is not including the Activity Points I'm earning!
blackbetty is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-31-2009, 02:43 PM   #2  

S/C/G: 198/ticker/148?

Height: 5'3"

I am curious also to the answer to this question.

I am allotted 23 points, over the past month, I used an average of 18.9 points a day (according to the WW online thingee.)

In my first month, I was given 24 and used an average of 20.

My weight loss has been a pretty steady average 1.6 pounds a week, give or take. I keep waiting for the dreaded plateau, but I will deal with that when it comes.

BUT, if you are only eating 1/2 of your points, that may be a problem, either you need to eat more or you may not be counting everything. Are you getting your healthy guideline things? I have trouble with the dairy, so if I am way short on points, I'll drink milk at night.

Because I like numbers, I am also tracking my calories on daily plate. I am averaging about 62 calories a point. Any idea what your calorie intake is?

I kinda went through the same thing, started just tracking my normal food, then I started making healthier replacements and my points went down. I am still trying to find the balance.

I am just doing online so I don't have the support or teaching that meetings provide. Have you brought this up in a meeting?

I'll be watching to see the other replies.

Last edited by roundpeg; 08-31-2009 at 02:48 PM.
roundpeg is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-31-2009, 02:53 PM   #3  

S/C/G: 225/218/150

Height: 5'8"

I may not be accurately counting my points... here's a sample meal plan (what I'm eating today, actually):
breakfast:
weight smart oatmeal made with skim milk: 4pts
lunch:
1/2 a whole-wheat pita stuffed with hummus, lettuce, and tomatoes: 3 pts
low-fat string cheese: 1pt
salad with low-fat dressing: 1pt
dinner:
WW shepherd's pie recipe: 8pts
salad w/ low-fat dressing: 1pt
snack:
Fiber 1 bar: 3pts (?)
Total of 21 points, plus I will earn 2-3 activity points at the gym today. The shepherd's pie is a bit indulgent actually... I usually just have soup with an english muffin for dinner, which is only about 3-4 points.

I have not brought this up at a meeting yet, but will do so tomorrow. Most of the people in my meeting are Lifetimers, so they might have some good info on this.
blackbetty is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-31-2009, 04:19 PM   #4  

S/C/G: 198/ticker/148?

Height: 5'3"

I entered your menu into dailyplate and I got that you only took in 1100 calories (I entered standard serving sizes).

From what I have read here, doing that every day would not be a good idea.

Hopefully, you will get some good feedback in here and at your meeting.
roundpeg is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-31-2009, 09:06 PM   #5  
Try, try again-er

S/C/G: 205/200/174

Height: 5'10"

Try adding in some calorie-dense foods if you are having trouble. An ounce of almonds is 4 points and very good for you. Or try some natural peanut butter-- a tablespoon is 2 points, or 2 tbsp for 5. The other thing I notice is that you don't indicate anywhere if you are eating the 2 tsp of healthy oils. Why not try making your own salad dressings, instead of the low-fat stuff? Probably better for you to use natural ingredients anyway. Something as simple as balsamic vinegar and olive oil can be delicious (try it in some mixed greens with strawberries. Toss in a tablespoon of chopped walnuts and you've got a great-tasting salad that will provide your body with some good nutrients and help you reach your points target.

You may also want to consider adding a post-workout "meal" that has some protein and carbs to help your recovery a bit.
synecdoche is offline   Reply With Quote