South Beach Diet Fat Chicks on the Beach!

Old 08-30-2009, 09:59 PM   #1  
Big Miss Sunshine

S/C/G: 280/See Ticker/175

Height: 72.5"

Default What to drink on Phase I - I can't drink many things per my doc . . .

Okay - I know I need to drink water. Check.

But, per my doctor, there are rules I need to follow (because of a digestive disorder) He says: I should not have ANY caffeine. Okay. Also, don't have anything carbonated. Got it. Stay away from fruit juices. Right.

What is left? I don't much like tea but I haven't tried that many. Anyone out there drink Crystal Lite? It seems overly sweet - maybe I need to water it down. I am very afraid that I won't be able to stay on my South Beach successfully unless I have drinks I can reach for! Like a security blanket. Used to be ciggies - at least I'm done with those!!!

I am one of those people who is always sipping on something. I don't know if it's my meds or what but I am always thirsty (thought it might be diabetes causing the constant thirst but that was ruled out).

Thoughts?
MissKoo is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-30-2009, 10:05 PM   #2  
traveller chick

S/C/G: 80/79.5/65 (KG)

Height: 5'6''

hmm what about cold hibiscus tea?? Its great for u to not retain liquids , plus is has a fruity flavor and better than everything is natural tea..

Im sure you can find in US, u boil 2liters of water add 3tbsp of hibiscus and leave for 5 min.. than hot or cold is very delicious

Last edited by izzystizzy; 08-30-2009 at 10:06 PM.
izzystizzy is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-30-2009, 10:49 PM   #3  

S/C/G: 165/155/140

I love the suugar free(walmart brand)lemonade and the strawberry is pretty good. I make it by the gallon, it has no cals and no sodium. Play around and see what u like!
Jokan is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-30-2009, 11:18 PM   #4  

Sugarfree drinks can be disaster for one with a deigestive disorder.I would say water with fresh lemon or lime juice.I think those are both ok on Phase 1.My sister is a GI doc.What digestive disorder?I can consult with her.
harrismm is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-30-2009, 11:43 PM   #5  
GlenwoodHotSprings

S/C/G: 275/179/179

Height: 5'5"

I do water down crystal light products. I find them too sweet. One of my favs is the fruit punch.

I love mint tea, especially iced. Caffeine free and refreshing. Sometimes I will take bottles I've saved, pour hot water in with the bag, then stash it in the frig. I have been getting fresh mint during the summer. I puree some leaves in my smoothie maker with water, then pour on top of my ice in my iced tea maker when I'm making decaf iced tea.

I don't know about lemon and limes on P1. Someone else will answer that I'm sure.

Nice to meet you.
Best Wishes!
Lexxiss is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-31-2009, 06:34 AM   #6  

S/C/G: 186/147/135

Height: 5'1"

Water with lots of ice and a slice of lemon or lime is very satisfying. And you can chew on the ice when the water is gone.
Artificial sweeteners can cause gas and stomach discomfort for many people, so I'd stay away from anything sweetened with it since you already have digestive problems.
There are a lot of fruit and/or herbal teas on the market. Perhaps you can find one that you'll enjoy. You can also make homemade lemonade and sweeten it with agave nectar.
cottagebythesea is offline   Reply With Quote