Old 08-30-2009, 07:08 PM   #1  
Breathe the pressure

S/C/G: 250/ticker/150

Height: 5' 9"

Cool What to do with this wasabi seasoning blend?

So a few months ago a friend gave me this wasabi seasoning and dip blend from a small company here in NJ. The ingredients are: wasabi powder, dehydrated onion and garlic, horseradish powder, jalapeno powder, spices.

It comes in 1/2 .oz packages and I have 2 of them. It's spicy obviously which I love but I have no idea what to do with it. Any ideas for me? Thanks everyone!
GypsyLove is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-31-2009, 08:38 AM   #2  

Height: 5'6"

Mashed wasabi cauliflower! It's particularly tasty. You can also make wasabi peas - a bit of olive oil spray, coat the peas in wasabi and bake them at about 200 degrees for an hour or so until they're dehydrated. It's also very good sprinkled on brown rice, or used to season any veggies before you roast them, broccoli and wasabi is very good. You can add a bit of water to it to make a paste for homemade avocado rolls, or add it to stir fry. I've even added it to a marinade for baked tofu. You're limited only by your tolerance for heat and imagination!
bacilli is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-31-2009, 08:49 AM   #3  

I had the best wasabi almonds once.Maybe you could coat some and roast??
harrismm is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-31-2009, 10:39 PM   #4  
Breathe the pressure

S/C/G: 250/ticker/150

Height: 5' 9"

I like the idea of mashed wasabi cauliflower yum! As for the roasted almonds that I can't do because I'm allergic to walnuts and almonds. I'll bet cashews would work nicely though. I've been thinking about mixing a little with some panko bread crumbs and coating slices of tofu with it and bake it up. I've never baked tofu but it sounds good. Thanks for the ideas!
GypsyLove is offline   Reply With Quote