Old 08-30-2009, 05:04 PM   #1  

Height: 5'9"

Arrow ~ * ~ * ~ * Weekly Chat - Aug 30-Sept 5 * ~ * ~ * ~

Hey ladies, looks like I'm starting the weekly chat again this week
How was everyone's weekend? Mine was GREAT My man came down, we partied Friday night (Drank too much beer, OI CALORIES!) We went to this fun little reggae club, and Saturday night we just stayed in. I won't see him for probably 2-3 weeks now, due to our work schedules, and my upcoming surgery next week
I did a lot better this weekend food-wise, than last, but still was a pretty bad girl
This week I am working like crazy. I have 6, 12 hour night shifts in a row I need the $$$$, so I guess I really shouldn't complain.

Last edited by luvja; 08-30-2009 at 05:09 PM.
luvja is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-30-2009, 06:26 PM   #2  
This is not a test.

S/C/G: 187/132/127.8

Height: 5'5''/165cm

You sneaky! Its only just monday here so i was about to start the chat

So I have no kitchen. Its being renovated, ie completely destroyed and rebuilt. Its going to take 2 weeks and I have no stove, oven, freezer or washing machine. So these next few weeks are going to be really tricky. I wondering if weight watchers frozen meals will keep ok in the fridge

I'm back down to 69.7kg, so really gotta keep on track and try to get lower than that to bust this plateau.

And this past weekend i bought my first ever bikini! Im still a bit too flabby i think but it was the perfect style that i wanted. Will post pictures later, cant really take them now because there are strange people in my house doing the plumbing and my kitchen is in my office so god knows where my camera is
Iconised Ghost is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-30-2009, 06:46 PM   #3  
I will do this.

Um...

friday - sunday was pretty awful food wise for me.

I don't deprive myself during the week -- but as soon as I get near a food I crave "out in the real world" it's over.

I don't know what to do...

Either I am totally in control and being 100% or I am totally screwing up and letting everything throw me off.

There is no middle of the road for me...

And also I have to work on getting pleasure from other sources other than food. I need to find something that "feeds my soul instead of my @ss"...I do go to church, have a wonderful family....

Maybe a hobby?

What has taken over for food for you?
Taylor86 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-30-2009, 06:48 PM   #4  
This is not a test.

I just got an electric guitar for my anniversary present from my boyfriend Its great, keeps the fingers busy and the mind really concentrated, you dont even think about eating. Electric guitars are a pretty expensive substitute but an acoustic would be cheaper if you were musically inclined. Your church might even have something that they can lend you. Other than that, not much >.< Im struggling myself at the moment with snacking. Gotta get guitar playing
Old 08-30-2009, 06:57 PM   #5  

S/C/G: 250/173.2/149

Height: 5'6"

My summer vacation is officially over as of 8:00 tomorrow morning. God, that is so freaking depressing LOL The kids don't come until Tuesday and then we technically have a four day weekend next weekend for Labor Day, but still. I am going to be back in the land of high school adolescence as of Tuesday morning and I'm already shuddering at all the drama I'll have to referee this year haha

I took yesterday off from the gym because my knee was feeling kind of sore. I have been going pretty consistently to the gym the past couple of weeks and started adding jogging on the treadmill to my workouts, so I figured the knee was probably trying to tell me to take a day of rest to let my knee rest a bit. I went back today though and worked on the elliptical and did some arm work. I even jumped on the scale and it is back to 192.8, which was nice to see since the scale has been reading 194-195 for the past week or so.

I had some last minute school supply shopping to do this afternoon to get my classroom ready (mainly looking for folders for my students), so I headed up to Target. CRAZY!!!! It was like it was Christmas in there...there were so many people. Someone had posted in another thread last night saying that there were those watches that figure out how many calories you burn on clearance there, so I checked that out. I got the last one in my particular store. It was half price and PURPLE!!! Haha, the color choice may or may not have sold me on it

So, I have been pretty lazy ever since coming home. I figured out the watch and am now watching "The Notebook". I absolutely adore this movie so much....and it's at my favorite part (when Allie breaks through her dementia) So, it's been a good last day of summer break!

Last edited by Chele615; 08-30-2009 at 06:58 PM.
Chele615 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-30-2009, 07:33 PM   #6  

S/C/G: Upper 170s/*ticker*/130

Height: 5'5"

I have one week left at home before I go back to school, so this week is going to be hellish trying to get everything finished, packed up, ready to be sent out, haircut, bring old things to goodwill, buy the last of the things I need before I get to school, etc. I don't have a car at school and while I don't really need one for day to day life (it's a pretty walkable city), it is necessary when buying groceries or going to target, walmart, etc. I'm kind of stressed just thinking about it.

I'm on day 7 of the 30 Day Shred, and it's going well, I think. I haven't been running as much, though, and I'm kind of angry at myself for that. I'll make a point to go running tomorrow. I really want to make it down to 145 by my birthday, Sept 12, but that's kind of asking a lot of myself, so we'll see what happens.

I recently have been noticing that I really need new underwear. There's a sale on at Victoria's Secret (or rather a 30% discount), so I think I can get some good stuff. It is a bummer though, because I have officially gone from a 36B to a 36A. It looks proportional but I'm still bummed. I guess skinny me has no breasts.
kasmel is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-30-2009, 08:02 PM   #7  
Mary

S/C/G: 225/190/125

Height: 5'2" Age: 22

Howdy ladies :3 This week should be interesting. It's my last week at my summer nanny job, and then I'll be sad and looking for a new job. Work is very slim right now, my options are Borders, a shampoo girl at a salon, and very little office work (which I'd prefer). On top of that, my boyfriend's classes start this week and he has to move back to his apartment an hour and a half away (his parents live 10 minutes from my house).

Blerg. Thankfully this just motivates me to workout. Anyone have any goals for this week?
platformnine is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-30-2009, 08:27 PM   #8  

S/C/G: 317/266.5/180

Height: 5'7"

Red face

Well...lets see. This weekend was pretty bad. I worked Friday morning, and then I just hung out at home for the night. I ate pretty well that day. Saturday was a whole different beast...my step mom took off for the night, and my dad took my sister to a baseball game...The Mariners won! I can't believe that. For some reason being home by myself equates to eating horrible. Fried food at a fast food restraunt, and Ben & Jerry's ice cream...Phish Food is my fave...it was pretty good...until I saw the bottom of the pint...then I felt like I was going to throw up...thankfully I didn't. Today, I had to work, and its hard to stay out of the food...I work in fast food...which just adds to the challenge... I went for a bike ride this afternoon. I was hoping for the ride to last longer, but then I realized that I had a flat tire...so it was time to go home. This week, I intend to go to Muscle flex tuesday morning and Boot camp on Thursday. I love Boot Camp so that shouldn't be to difficult. Muscle Flex on the other hand is a little bit boring, it feels great and it is a challenge, but I like the more active running around classes. I am hoping that I will also beable to get back on the treadmill this week. My goal is to complete at least one 5k (walking) on the Treadmill this week. Depending on how my knee feels I will meet that goal. I only have 20 days till I go back to school, and then it will be more of a challenge to get in the gym...unless I want to go at 5 am...I might have to try that.
possiblesuccess is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-30-2009, 10:51 PM   #9  
yay short girls!

S/C/G: 128/ticker/110

Height: 5'0"

luvja - you probably mentioned it before, but for some reason I can't remember, what job do you have that could possibly demand six 12-hour shifts? that can't be legal!

iconised - my parents are redoing their kitchen now and for a whole month I've heard all sorts of complaining about the mess in there! how long til your renovation is done?

Taylor - I recently took up knitting for the very reason of keeping my hands busy in a cheap-ish fashion. I aso enjoy cross-stitch and other assorted arts & crafts

Chele - I want one of those watches!! and in purple too! I wonder if my Target will have any left on sale...

kasmel - I feel your pain. when I lost my first 20, I went from 36D to 34B. but you know what? my low back pain got better. it was worth it!

platform - have you checked out Craigslist? a lot of food and retail places seem to post on there. for office work, Craigslist would also have some, but the local classified ads would probably be better. if you live in college town, you could check out their student employment website even if you're not a student, many listings for off-campus jobs are public.

possible - oh god, do I miss ben & jerry's! I only go grocery shopping every 2 or so weeks so I will sometimes buy ONE of the little single-serving cups (200 calories). my favorite flavor is mint chocolate cookie (not chunk, cookie!). yummm.

as for me... I'm waiting for my loan check to arrive so I can buy food... right now all I have is pasta, rice, ramen, chicken, popcorn, oatmeal, and pancake mix (carb overload). my fridge is so empty ironically with this limited amount of food, I promptly shed 3 pounds. still haven't gotten back to my ticker weight, body keeps seesawing around 124-127. bah!
minitwinkie is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-30-2009, 11:39 PM   #10  

minitwinkie - I'm a 'Personal Support Worker', in the States I think you guys calls us 'CNA'S' or something? I work for a private care nursing agency, so yes it's legal, as long as I don't go over so many hours a month.
I'm going to be so dead this week.

Last edited by luvja; 08-31-2009 at 12:01 AM.
Old 08-31-2009, 12:18 AM   #11  
This is not a test.

minitwinkie- 2 weeks to go i think Its not the kitchen im so worried about, its not having a washing machine I have a microwave so i can survive on weight watchers microwave stuff, and the weather is getting better so should be able to barbeque, but i can just see myself washing clothes in the bath
Old 08-31-2009, 08:11 AM   #12  

S/C/G: 246/See Tracker/145

Height: 5'7"

hey girls! Here's hoping that everyone has a great week.
daisy5819 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-31-2009, 08:35 AM   #13  
Mary

S/C/G: 225/190/125

Height: 5'2" Age: 22

Quote:
Originally Posted by minitwinkie View Post
platform - have you checked out Craigslist? a lot of food and retail places seem to post on there. for office work, Craigslist would also have some, but the local classified ads would probably be better. if you live in college town, you could check out their student employment website even if you're not a student, many listings for off-campus jobs are public.
I did check craigslist, and I'm determined to NOT work food/retail. Especially food :| There are a few more office postings for my area today, so it's looking up. As for college town, there's the local community college and that's about it. And they prefer to hire students for all the good jobs, and I'm not a student there anymore (I attend Univ. of Phoenix online). TCNJ is too far north, so is Rutgers, and I don't feel like driving 40 minutes to work in Gloucester for Rowan lol. I'm sure I'll find something soon.

Mmmmmm, Ben & Jerry's.... my first loves lol. My favorite is Strawberry Cheesecake, the graham cracker swirl is THE BEST. I used to tell myself, "well, it has fruit in it " lol, delusional....
platformnine is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-31-2009, 10:14 AM   #14  
Brighter than the moon!

S/C/G: 220/ticker/145

Height: 5'4

Hello ladies

I don't know what my body is doing. I worked out this weekend - A lot - my long spin class was actually 90 minutes working (as opposed to the usual 75 minutes working) so after that Friday I promptly went to bed. I spent most of the weekend doing crafts - pottery painting, knitting and playing with my new knitting loom. Despite that my eating was THE BEST but it wasn't too terrible either. And according to the scale I gained 1.6 lbs? I was in the sun all day yesterday, so I'm going to chalk it up to water retention and irregularity (sorry) and see what happens tomorrow.

Tonight school starts, and I'm going to try and get into a class. SO NERVOUS.

Icon - the WW meals keep fine in the refrigerator. Just make sure you adjust the cooking time, b/c its designed for frozen food.

Taylor - I knit/paint. It helps keep my hands busy, and I don't want to stop to snack because then my hands are dirty and I don't want to get whatever I'm knitting dirty. I also like the satisfaction of creating something from nothing.

To all - I hope you have a good day
stellarosa27 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-31-2009, 11:38 AM   #15  

Good morning, girls.
Have a great day