Weight Loss Support Give and get support here!

Old 08-29-2009, 02:25 PM   #1  

Default You know what stinks?!

When you finally get to move down another size in pants, but you feel like a fata** all over again because they are so tight! I am finally into 16's, which I am so excited about, because my 18's have been falling off for a while now. So I'm thrilled to squeeze into 16s but they are so tight, I feel huge!
Bry1638 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-29-2009, 02:31 PM   #2  
moving the chains

S/C/G: 330/284/189

Height: 5'10"

I know! I'm kind of at that point right now and it's exacerbated by the shape my body is taking as I lose weight but haven't settled into a real shape yet. My 24s are falling off and my 22s are perfect except for the waist. And the 24s just look ridiculous at this point but I have to unbutton the 22s.

And I know there are a whole bunch of people rolling their eyes at fat girl trying to pretend she's a smaller size... but it's how I am shaped! When I bought Lane Bryant Right Fit Yellow they still sagged at the *** and were tight at the waist. Well, at the "waist" - I don't really have a waist, never really did (even at much lower weights).
nooch is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-29-2009, 02:42 PM   #3  
a work in progress

S/C/G: see ticker

Height: 5'6 1/2

ugh, i know sister. BUT, i sort of like to start tight in a new size b/c then i can feel them getting looser as i lose weight. i PACKED into size 14 jeans like a month ago, but now they fit comfortably. once they start feeling loose i can PACK into size 12s, lol.

Last edited by juliastl27; 08-29-2009 at 02:43 PM.
juliastl27 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-29-2009, 03:32 PM   #4  
nirvikalpa samadhi

S/C/G: 369.5/ticker/169.5

Height: 5'8"

For me, the smaller size will fit fabulously in the butt, a bit loose at the waist, but then the legs will be obscenely tight! I carry a lot of weight in my legs, all the way up and down, always have. A lot of it's muscle; a lot of it's not. Sigh.
DCHound is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-29-2009, 03:46 PM   #5  
Rawr!

S/C/G: 210/122.2/130

Height: 5'2"-5'3"

Quote:
Originally Posted by juliastl27 View Post
ugh, i know sister. BUT, i sort of like to start tight in a new size b/c then i can feel them getting looser as i lose weight. i PACKED into size 14 jeans like a month ago, but now they fit comfortably. once they start feeling loose i can PACK into size 12s, lol.
I am the exact same way! When I got out of my 20's (plus sized) and back into my 18 not plus sized they were tight but are starting to get loose on me now and that is just the best feeling ever!
MeowMix is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-29-2009, 03:54 PM   #6  

Height: 5'11"

I don't like pants to be SUPER tight because then I do feel like a fat girl trying to sqeeze into a smaller size. So I usually wear my bigger size till it starts to get ridiculously big. At that point, I try the smaller size and if it's just snug (but not TIGHT) then I will give it a go. I'm of the firm belief that just because I can get into it and force the zipper shut does NOT mean that I have any business wearing a particular size!

There is so much variation in how we're all built that it's really difficult to find things that fit. Someone posted a size chart awhile back that shows that there are 2-3 inches between sizes on the larger (women's) sizes, but once you get down in to the size 10 and below range, there is only 1 inch between sizes. So I guess it's OK for us bigger girls to walk around in clothes that are either skin tight or falling off us; as long as the smaller girls have sizes that fit perfectly, it's all good! Yeah, I know that sounds whiney. I'm about to head out to try on jeans and I'm a little stressed!
Windchime is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-29-2009, 03:55 PM   #7  

S/C/G: see WT

Height: 5'6''

oh, don't let yourself feel that way! you deserve to feel good in your body and focus on that!
fifty pounds less, Bry, that is a lot to be proud about no matter how tight your pants are - make yourself believe you feel sexier when they are tight.

congratulations on your great success!
quince is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-29-2009, 03:58 PM   #8  
Operator265

Hate to say it, but, we lost something when we quit learning how to sew. My sewing machine is truly missed. I was used to adjusting my clothes early on. I was born with a booty, but, am short. I got very good at hemming my pant legs when I was about 8 yrs old. Then, when I developed, I became an hour glass with a major booty so I learned how to dart the waist of my pants.

Folks often complain about the "industry" when it comes to finding clothes that fit right, but, we are the ones who gave up on tailoring in favor of cost and convenience in purchasing. There is no way clothes can be provided to fit each individual body in the mass market. Clothing sizes are just a rough estimate. You have to fit and tailor clothing to the individual after the purchase.
Old 08-29-2009, 09:14 PM   #9  
SWMBO

S/C/G: 287/258/169

Height: 5'9

Quote:
Originally Posted by Operator265 View Post
Hate to say it, but, we lost something when we quit learning how to sew.
Amen to that! I have both a regular machine and a serger...not only because I "need" to sew, but also because I enjoy it.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Operator265 View Post
Folks often complain about the "industry" when it comes to finding clothes that fit right, but, we are the ones who gave up on tailoring in favor of cost and convenience in purchasing. There is no way clothes can be provided to fit each individual body in the mass market. Clothing sizes are just a rough estimate. You have to fit and tailor clothing to the individual after the purchase.
Having a 36" inseam, a flat butt, and narrow hips, you really have no choice but to learn a thing or two along the way unless you're OBSCENELY wealthy!

Sherry
sherrybwc is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-29-2009, 10:02 PM   #10  
Back in Action

S/C/G: 213/197/140

Height: 5'6"

Call me crazy but I always kind of liked going down to the smaller "tighter" size. THe fabric helped hold everything "in". I changed sizes rather quickly for awhile, so I did have to oil up my sewing machine. I didn't want to buy more than one or 2 outfits in each size. I'm a little lazy when it comes to alterations so I made sure that on the way down I didn't buy anything with back pockets or cuffs. I also tried to only buy pants with simple straight outer seams so I could just stitch an easy matching vertical seam a half inch (or so) in on each side and be done with it.

Last edited by Lori Bell; 08-29-2009 at 10:03 PM.
Lori Bell is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-29-2009, 11:23 PM   #11  
a work in progress

Quote:
Originally Posted by DCHound View Post
For me, the smaller size will fit fabulously in the butt, a bit loose at the waist, but then the legs will be obscenely tight! I carry a lot of weight in my legs, all the way up and down, always have. A lot of it's muscle; a lot of it's not. Sigh.
lol, my body is exact opposite. mine always start baggy in the legs and tight in the waist and butt, i guess we carry our weight exactly opposite! just goes to show, not all women are built the same so they should stop building all pants the same.
Old 08-29-2009, 11:24 PM   #12  
a work in progress

Quote:
Originally Posted by MeowMix View Post
I am the exact same way! When I got out of my 20's (plus sized) and back into my 18 not plus sized they were tight but are starting to get loose on me now and that is just the best feeling ever!
yes! i know im shrinking when i get them just out of the dryer and i can wear them comfortably. its a nice feeling
Old 08-29-2009, 11:46 PM   #13  
Onederland - Gotcha

S/C/G: 252/180/178

Height: 5'9"

I don't feel comfy or good about wearing tight clothes. I prefer to wear clothes that are a little roomy. I hope your body evens out some more and your clothes fit better for you.
Hydra is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-30-2009, 12:54 AM   #14  

S/C/G: 257/246/110

Height: 5'3"

I love n hate going down sizes bcuz my pants will fit at the waist but im floating in the legs! Or they fit perfect on the legs but they won't button! lol
cherry7211 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-30-2009, 10:20 AM   #15  
banned

S/C/G: 190/114/125

Height: 5'3"

I like to buy my jeans as tight as possible because nowadays it seems that all of them have some degree of stretchiness built in. After wearing them for a few minutes they all seem to sag everywhere on me. When I started at 190 lbs (at 5'3") I wore a tight 12. Now I am wearing a size 4 that is getting so loose I can put them on without even unzipping them. I don't know where to go from here because its hard to find size 2 at Goodwill or Walmart (I am cheap!). What is really interesting is that it doesn't matter where we are on the size scale, we all have the same problems regarding fit. And BTW I weigh 122 now and still feel like a fat*** most of the time. That doesn't seem to change.
TamiL is offline   Reply With Quote