Pregnant - Nursing Diet support for the pregnant or nursing chick!

Old 08-27-2009, 05:32 PM   #1  

Height: 5'5"

Default newly postpatum/breastfeeding and wanting to lose~

Hi GUys!! I am 2.5 weeks postpartum with #6!! I am breastfeeding and would like to start dieting soon to lose weight. I had my 1st c-section this time and my recovery has been a bit slow but I am trying to eat less at this point. Exercise will come in to play soon. I have been walking a bit but it wears me out fast. Anyway, I love this site and look forward to the support it lends!!
Any suggestions on how to start. Hints/tips??
Chamie is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-27-2009, 05:52 PM   #2  
By God's Grace

S/C/G: 293/ticker/175

Height: 5'6"

Hey Chamie! Congratulations on baby #6, that's awesome!

Take your time recovering, especially since you had a C. You need to get cleared by your Dr before you start exercising for sure.

Join us on our monthly breastfeeders losing weight thread for some ideas on how to start!
Gale02 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-28-2009, 01:26 PM   #3  

S/C/G: 175/ticker/125

Height: 5'2

Hi Chamie! I'm 8 weeks post partum and have been walking for many weeks now. But I also had an uncomplicated vaginal birth so I felt safe exercising so early. I think you definitely should wait to get Dr.'s clearance to be exercising again, but I say if you feel like going for a walk, go ahead and do it, but don't hesitate to stop if you feel pain.

I suggest you just watch eating habits for a few more weeks, and slowly incorporate light walking and weights, that way you increase your strength to do more strenuous workouts. Good luck!
Kyla0709 is offline   Reply With Quote