South Beach Diet Fat Chicks on the Beach!

Closed Thread

Old 08-27-2009, 06:15 AM   #1  
Come on Spring!

S/C/G: 232/170/150

Height: 5'0" on a tall day

Default Thursday's Thoughts and Things

Good Thursday from chilly Delta. We are at 42ºF this morning. We are on metric up here but my thermometer is an oldie. Please don't report me to the metric mafia!

Waaaaay too noisy around here yesterday with wallboard being installed by two guys who talked constantly in loud voices to be heard over their power tools and the radio. The dogs and I holed up in the sewingroom most of the day. Today there will be just one guy and he'll be mudding. How noisy can that be?

Today I am going over to my sister's farm to help her get organized for a big Sunday party. It's my niece's 40th and we are going all out. She's the one who lost her whole house in the fire back in July so we are giving her a memory book with pictures and things to help her feel a bit better about all the treasures she lost. I did her the family tree which will boggle her mind!

So... what's happening in your world?
Old 08-27-2009, 06:40 AM   #2  
GlenwoodHotSprings

S/C/G: 275/179/179

Height: 5'5"

Good Morning

Not quite that chilly here, but the writing is on the wall. We've have a few nippy days already and the hillside is starting to change to autumn color. We have taken down all the sunflowers in the garden to clear the path for covering the tomatoes when we need to.

I hope your day is quieter, Ruth. Your project should be finished in no time. It sounds like your get together this weekend will be very nice.

I've yet to figure out my day. I have classes at the pool this morning and it's Rudis week at the hospital so I'll probably fit that in this afternoon and call it good. Another vet is going to look at Lexis xrays today so I may know later if they want to do a biopsy.

Have a great day everyone.
Old 08-27-2009, 06:54 AM   #3  
Come on Spring!

Debbie, I love the way your reflects your sunflower avatar. It always makes me feel good to see your cheery posts.
Old 08-27-2009, 07:33 AM   #4  

S/C/G: 186/147/135

Height: 5'1"

Good morning! I've been busy checking on my flight for a trip I'm taking the end of Sept., and lost track of the time.

According to our temperatures, Fall is nowhere in sight. It is supposed to be a tad cooler today, but still in the 80s. We don't have a thing planned for the day for a change, so we'll take it as it comes. I have a hair appt. on Monday morning that I want to reschedule, so maybe I can get in today. Monday is the girls' first day back to school, and I can't miss watching them getting on the school bus and waving them off! My hairdresser has two dogs that the girls love to play with, so they enjoy coming along with me.

Ruth, your niece is going to love that family tree and memory book! What a thoughtful gift to help replace the things that were lost in the fire. I bet there will be lots of tears at the bash.

Debbie, I hope all goes well with Lexxiss!
Old 08-27-2009, 07:36 AM   #5  

S/C/G: Too much/Less/Just Right!

Height: 5'4"

Ruth, Your memory book is such a wonderful idea. I may do that for my family who lost their home this week. My MIL has wedding pictures. I have pictures of the kids. That is a great idea. I hope your day is quiet, too.

Debbie, One of my coworkers has sunflowers that are about 12 feet tall. They are such happy flowers.

I'm running late this morning because I did not want to get up! Today is a long day, with Jazzercise ending it all. Have to remember to change my set as a student requested Michael Jackson again.

Let's Dance, Let's Shout!
Shake your body down to the ground!

Happy Thursday!
Old 08-27-2009, 07:56 AM   #6  

S/C/G: 249/ticker/150

Good morning everyone!! I don't have time for personals, as I'm heading out the door to drop DS off at school, then on to my first day of classes this semester. I took summer classes, but the break between then and now seemed loooong and I'm ready to get back to it!

I have my food for today packed, so I shouldn't have any trouble staying on plan!
Old 08-27-2009, 07:57 AM   #7  
Working on healthy

Height: 5'5.5

Good morning we are back home and the To Do list is pretty darned long. Between vacation catch-up, fall cleaning, and that wedding thing I've got about a million things on that list.

Ruth - What a lovely and thoughtful gift! I'm sure she will love it. Hope today is quiet.

Debbie - hope the news is positive. I'm with Ruth - it's always such a pleasure to see your name pop up

Cottage - Enjoy the last of the summer days with the girls.

Chelby - Okay, where did you get all that energy from?! Have a good day.

I'm off to an appt. this morning then grocery shopping and something is going into the dehydrator. That thing needs to be running every day this time of year. Tonight I'll be back in town for a get together with the gals from work. We are finally throwing our own little transition celebration for the co-worker who got laid off. We tried twice before but I think tonight we will finally pull it off.

It's cooled down here, feels like we are officially into early fall weather. Not much of a summer but I like this weather - warm enough to do things outside but cool enough to bake, run the crockpot, and exercise without melting

Have a good day no matter the weather
Old 08-27-2009, 09:46 AM   #8  
Come on Spring!

Wow! The change in the weather has given me a much-needed burst of energy. I've been zipping around like mad. The "mudder" isn't here yet but I have used the shop-vac on the rooms in the addition. I know there will be lots more crud but it's at least a start. The oven is on auto-clean, some lentil soup is on the stove, the dishwasher is running, I have sheets on the line AND Donna is coming in a while. She will vacuum the rest of the house as the carpets have really been taking a beating. I'll have them cleaned once this fuss is over.

The dehydrator needs a job so I am going to try Cyndi's cucumber chip idea. Banking and the registration at the fitness centre are on the list for this afternoon along with the trip to the farm to help Joan.
Old 08-27-2009, 09:50 AM   #9  
GlenwoodHotSprings

S/C/G: 275/179/179

Ruth, when you're finished at home, head my way-the door is unlocked...and please...bring the soup!

Ahh, don't 'cha just love those moments. A days work done in a couple of hours!
Old 08-27-2009, 02:15 PM   #10  

Wow! I actually made it here before noon!

School will start again soon as well as a lot more assignments so I won't get to post as much. Well, at least not during the day. This is the time of year that I start to lose touch with 3FC and usually crash. However, this time around I'm not going to let that happen. I WILL NOT climb back on that yo-yo string!

I just posted in the recipe section regarding Chicken Divan. Please review the recipe and my comments and let me know what you guys think. You can reply here or on that thread. Thanks!

FOOTNOTE: I decided to go to the Mexican Chicken Casserole. I tweaked it a bit. You can see above in the recipe section what I decided to do. Thanks to those who made suggestions on the other dish. What would I do without this site?

Last edited by SunshineCA; 08-27-2009 at 10:25 PM.
Closed Thread