hungry4achange
CanadaMel
mtiger
Robot
mommyofsix
Bette_k
Luckybustert

You ladies ROCK!!!

I would love to join you in the next challenge but I have several trips planned and know I will not have internet for two of them so decided to sit the next one out. I'll be sure to check in on you and see how you are doing.
Old 08-26-2009, 12:38 PM   #2  

S/C/G: 210/see ticker/130

Height: 5'2"

:hugs: Shari- it's tough to stay OP with so many different stresses in our lives!
WTG on cutting out the soda!

Cat- Thanks for being a SUPER team leader. Envious of your upcoming trips- Enjoy!! Thanks for sharing the Alaska shots- love the one of the bear in the stream. Sorry many of the shots didn't work out.

Darn TOM- was 174 on Monday weigh in...this morning I was 172! Happy the scale is lower but sorry that it affected the teams weight this week.

Bette- Awesome job & I'm sure you & your doc are proud of your hard work!

Lucky-
Quote:
so if I wasn't perfect on plan, I might as well go ahead and have that piece of pie because I've already failed, or thinking I'm a failure because I only lost x pounds when I wanted to lose y pounds. That's so counterproductive to losing weight and keeping it off, so I'm working on changing that view.
I could have written this myself! It is hard to keep ourselves in 'check' and not get frustrated when we get unexpected results! This was especially true when I looked at the 'goal' I chose at the beginning of this challenge 165lb. I could get upset that I didn't reach it- but instead I'm just happy that I'm down 14 pounds over the summer (better than gaining-that's for sure!)

And finally- here are some pics from our recent camping trip in BC
Old 08-27-2009, 05:00 PM   #3  
mtiger

S/C/G: 251.5/177/145

Height: 5'4"

Wink

Cruise- Enjoy the break!! You deserve it. Thanks for being our fearless leader this time.

Canada- I didn't hit my goal either, but I did lose 10 pounds. People at work have noticed, so it's all good. We will get there eventually.

It is hard to believe that so few of us made it to the end. YEAH US!!!! We are CHAMPS!!!! Ready to start the next one and get rid of this last 30 pounds. People at work think I'm good where I'm at. HA!!!
Old 08-28-2009, 04:21 PM   #4  
Eat Less Move More

S/C/G: 186/164/125

Height: 5'3"

Hi ladies, just got back from the dentist and before I go out to the pool I thought I would drop in and see how everyone was doing.

I didn't really have a goal for this challenge, at least not one that I can remember. I am a little disappointed that I didn't lose more but at least I made it through the summer vacations without a real gain. I was up and down the scale about 10 lbs. but that is better than a continual gain. Most importantly I learned a great deal about maintenance and what I am comfortable with as a gain.

I am back to my regular workout routine and eating well so the scales have been very rewarding. My goal at this point is to reach 125 before December 15th, that will be the one year anniversary of when I made my life style change.

Last edited by CruiseCAT; 08-29-2009 at 09:14 AM.
Old 08-30-2009, 11:31 PM   #5  

CruiseCAT thank you for being such a wonderful team leader! And team HUG to all! I have found this challenge to be so helpful to me and I appreciate the inspiration, learning and support I've received from all of you.
Old 08-31-2009, 01:26 PM   #6  

Cat- hope you & your pups are safe and not near the fires!
Old 08-31-2009, 06:53 PM   #7  
Angelina/Gerard is Love

S/C/G: 291.8/286.8/199

Height: 5'4 1/2

girls!

Sorry I didn't WI on time last week, I actually had a very nice wi! Oh well! I had a soda yesterday so I'm starting my 21 day challenge over from day 1! Good luck to you ladies and I hope to see you all in the next challenge!
Old 09-01-2009, 12:49 AM   #8  
Believe it, be it

S/C/G: 198/ticker/125

Height: 5'0"

Hey all! Sorry I've been MIA, just got back from my NY trip tonight. I shall be back posting this week.
Old 09-01-2009, 12:51 AM   #9  
Believe it, be it

S/C/G: 198/ticker/125

Height: 5'0"

Oh, and here's a mostly full length shot of me taken today with my new Team Jillian tee!
Attached Images
File Type: jpg me_full2.jpg (17.6 KB, 9 views)
Old 09-01-2009, 06:25 AM   #10  
Eat Less Move More

Lucky - Thank you!!

CM - Although the "Station" fire is more than 60 miles away we are dealing with lots of soot and air quality is poor as far as Vegas. There is also another fire that is burning in our county that we are keeping a close eye on; the fear is it will move into an area of the San Bernardino Forrest that didn't burn back in 2003. This is an area that has several of Mack's communications sites. Here are pictures from fires in the San Bernardino Forrest back in 2003 that Mack took while keeping communications going:

http://outdoors.webshots.com/album/97051212hdFkei

I'm off to work up final numbers, congratulations again to those that made the fourteen weeks.
Old 09-01-2009, 07:43 AM   #11  
Eat Less Move More

Final numbers have been posted.

Congratulations to mommyof6 for being our BIGGEST LOSER!!!

GREAT job by the eight that completed the challenge.
Old 09-01-2009, 08:29 AM   #12  

S/C/G: 253/ticker/175

Height: 5'6"

Congratulation to mommyof6 for being Red Team's biggest loser!!

And good job to everyone who finished out the challenge!!

Old 09-01-2009, 02:39 PM   #13  

S/C/G: 220/220/175

Height: 5'-8"

Congratulations to everyone who participated in this challenge. I think it is wonderful that we made it this far. Thank you to Cat for being our leader and keeping the chats going. goodluckShannon on being our next leader. Go Red Team!!!!!

I suppose anyone outside of our weightloss community would take offense to anyone referring to them as the Biggest Loser, but to me it is the best thing that could have happened to me. I have not been as on plan as I could have this past month but I still have manage to loose one pound a week this month. As everyone I wish it was easier but Since March when I began I have had steady loss and not one gain. I did have a couple of no loss' at first but that is expected. I sometimes feel like i haven't lost or sometimes I feel like I have lost more but that is expected to with our bodies and water weight.

I appreciated everyones post thoughout this challenge I think it makes it easier when you know there are so many people out there experiencing the same things.
Old 09-01-2009, 11:43 PM   #14  

Mommyofsix- congrats on being the summer challenge's Biggest Loser!!
Great job!!
Old 09-02-2009, 09:04 PM   #15  

Congrats Mommy of six on being the Biggest Loser!!
Awesome Job everyoneon sticking it out for the entire challenge.
Thanks to Cruise Cat for being our fearless leader.

It's been lots of fun doing this challenge with everyone and I hope to see you all in the next challenge.

Bette K