Weight Loss Support Give and get support here!

Old 08-26-2009, 10:53 AM   #1  

S/C/G: 215/188/150

Height: 5'4"

Default Indicators of healthy weight loss

It's funny how healthy weight loss is mindnumbingly frustrating, while rapid weight loss is so thrilling. I'm bound and determined to lose weight the right way so that I keep keep it off. Changing one's life is not so easy, it comes with many setbacks, but that's part of the game I guess. Care to share in my list of frustrating healthy weight loss traits??

If you're losing weight in a healthy manner...
- It will come off slowly. 1-2 lbs per week but the less the better. This gives your body time to adjust to your changing metabolism, heal injuries, and adapt to your BMR.

- There will be plateaus. These are inevitable. I've stayed at a certain weight for weeks before the scales would move eventhough I was eating right and exercising.

- You won't notice right away. You'll be doing this fitness/nutrition routine for several months perhaps before noticing any real change, especially if you're very heavy.

- You will fluctuate. It's a dreadful feeling to see the scale go up but these are normal too according to hormones, water retention, injuries, and stress levels. It's hard not to give up when you see the number go up, even by 1 measly pound.

- Not everything will be honky-dory once you lose weight. Cellulite doesn't really go away. If you're a pear shape you'll still be a pear shape. Your feet will probably not get any smaller. You might never lose that double chin.

On the other hand rapid weight loss is like a roller coaster. Last week you wore a size 14, this week you wear a size 12. You start getting compliments from others. The scale drops big numbers. You're eating such little food that you're running on adrenaline alone.
Palestrina is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-26-2009, 11:06 AM   #2  
To Maintenance-AND BEYOND

S/C/G: 252/ticker/189

Height: 5'2"

-You start feeling so good about the numbers that when you see pictures of yourself you can't believe you're still THAT FAT!
Eumie is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-26-2009, 11:29 AM   #3  
Trying so hard....

S/C/G: 298/298/145

Height: 5'7"

Quote:
Originally Posted by Eumie View Post
-You start feeling so good about the numbers that when you see pictures of yourself you can't believe you're still THAT FAT!
I know! me too girl! Ugh!
MugCanDoIt is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-26-2009, 12:14 PM   #4  
Back in Action

S/C/G: 213/197/140

Height: 5'6"

If you are losing weight in a healthy matter:
You will have first consulted your Doctor of your plans and discuss weight loss options with him/her.
Your Doctor will support your decision 100% every step of the way.

Last edited by Lori Bell; 08-26-2009 at 02:47 PM. Reason: spelling
Lori Bell is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-26-2009, 12:30 PM   #5  
Soul Cyster

S/C/G: 235/seeticker/135

Height: 5'3"

Clothes start to look nicer on you- and for myself you start wearing lighter colors again
beerab is offline   Reply With Quote