Old 08-24-2009, 01:01 AM   #1  

S/C/G: 238/Ticker/170

Height: 5'9"

Default Do you follow it to a T?

the first time i did WW, i followed it perfectly. 5 servings of veggies, got my oil in, etc. this time around (doing it for 4 weeks now), i haven't. not even close.

i understand the reasoning behind it. i'm just curious if everyone follows it 100% or close to it
858Smith is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-24-2009, 01:27 PM   #2  

S/C/G: 216/180.6/160

Height: 5'8"

I do not. I try but I fail with the veggies and oil...and the protein, too, I guess (as I don't always get it every meal).

But, I am eating much better and healthier than I was before. I've lost 40 pounds thus far.
Cali Doll is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-24-2009, 02:13 PM   #3  

S/C/G: 337.4/322/155

Height: 5'8

I do not but I'm closer than any of the previous times I've done WW (and having better results too). I do track EVERYTHING, I usually get 2-5 fruit/veggies a day (I used to get that many a week!), I usually get my protein in, I rarely get my oil in, I just recently started getting my milk in, i do better some days than others on liquids, and I usually take a multi-vitamin.

*tip- those ziplock steamer bags help me a lot with the veggies (I hate cooking!)

Last edited by Aclai4067; 08-24-2009 at 02:13 PM.
Aclai4067 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-24-2009, 02:39 PM   #4  
Closed

S/C/G: 244/165/137

Height: 5' 7"

Nah! I find that the fewer the points the harder it is to work in their recommendations. After all, 2 servings of dairy would be 4 points, and a tbsp of oil is 3 points. I only have 21 points, so there goes 1/3 of my points!!! On two glasses of milk and a bit of oil...

I stay within my points and balance it out as best I can, but I'm not that super strict. I gotta LIVE, man!!!!

Kira
kiramira is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-24-2009, 05:06 PM   #5  

S/C/G: 225/218/150

Height: 5'8"

I'm bad about getting in the lean protein and the oil as well. I'm not a vegetarian (though, I used to be), but I've found that eating "smarter" has kept me away from most meat, anyway. I'm good about the veggies, though! I've always been a veggie lover, so that's not much of a change for me.
For those who are finding it hard to get their veggies in... I usually buy about 4 pre-chopped, pre-washed bags of salad mix per week, and keep it in a big tupperware. At EVERY meal, I take the tupperware out of the fridge and figure out some way to use it. On a sandwich, under tuna instead of bread, or usually just in a bowl as a salad. I also keep tons and tons of single- or double-portion frozen veggies in the freezer. They will heat in the micro in 2-4 minutes, so by the time I've finished making the rest of the meal, they're ready to go as a side dish.
blackbetty is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-24-2009, 08:30 PM   #6  
Not Giving Up!

S/C/G: 351/ticker/160

Height: 5'7"

I am strict about some things and not about others. I don't worry about getting oil servings in (although I do about half the time) and I don't take a multi-vitamin (since I figure I am eating healthy and most likely getting my nutrients through food).

I don't have a problem getting my fruits and veggie servings in, since it doesn't take much to count as a serving. I usually have yogurt and some kind of cheese every day and count that as my dairy intake.
LitChick is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-25-2009, 09:20 AM   #7  

S/C/G: 298/298/150

Height: 5ft 7

i'm in ireland and listening to you guys we obv dont have the same plan, never heard anything about oil!
but i do follow it to a t. i get my 2 servings of dairy, i use 1/2 pint of milk throughout the day and i eat a low fat yoghurt after my dinner.
I point everything, i even allow 1 point for bites licks and tastes. i point my activity levels, but dont use them and i get my 5 portions of fruit and veg a day.
i havent been back to it long so i cant comment on my results, but the way i see it is that if i follow the plan exactly i am more likely to get the most out of it. plus its not difficult for me to follow it.
Bonnie+J is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-25-2009, 10:03 AM   #8  
Closed

S/C/G: 244/165/137

Height: 5' 7"

Ya, I agree with you Ms Bonnie. But you'll probably find like alot of us that there just aren't enough points in a day...

Kira
kiramira is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-25-2009, 11:10 AM   #9  

S/C/G: 337.4/322/155

Height: 5'8

Quote:
Originally Posted by kiramira View Post
Nah! I find that the fewer the points the harder it is to work in their recommendations. After all, 2 servings of dairy would be 4 points, and a tbsp of oil is 3 points. I only have 21 points, so there goes 1/3 of my points!!! On two glasses of milk and a bit of oil...

I stay within my points and balance it out as best I can, but I'm not that super strict. I gotta LIVE, man!!!!

Kira
What kind of oil do you use for 3 pts? I use olive oil but it's 5! I can rarely work that in
Aclai4067 is offline   Reply With Quote