Old 08-23-2009, 08:47 PM   #1  
Happy in LA!

S/C/G: 244/224/170

Height: 5'7

Default Bored! Bad Habits coming Back!!!!

Hello Ladies,

Seems that since I'm not working and I'm in a new town I'm having problems getting motivated. I'm bored all day and find myself eating often, when I'm not even hungry and doing more planning than taking action at getting back on the wagon.

What tricks have you guys used to jump kick your programs after you've fallen away? I need tips and I need tips fast!

Thanks.
calisa86 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-24-2009, 06:56 AM   #2  
Master Water Retainer

S/C/G: 205/ticker/140

Height: 5'6"

I've spent the last three weeks jobless and bored in a new town (moved here for school which doesn't start until tomorrow).

My advice is that every time you are bored and want to eat, you walk out the door and go exploring. Even if it's a small place, just walk around, and get a feel for it.

Also, when I moved I intentionally stopped allowing myself to snack AT ALL, because i knew if I allowed myself to snack I would get in the snacking-when-bored habit and things would go poorly. I only allowed myself to eat when I first woke up, lunch at 12:30 PM and dinner at 6:30. If I got really hungry between meals I would snack on fresh fruit or carrots and hummus.

I think living somewhere new and jobless requires putting more boundaries on yourself than you usually would, just because of the boredom and because being a new place can cause anxiety which can lead to comfort eating.

GOOD LUCK!

Last edited by RubyGuggenheim; 08-24-2009 at 06:57 AM. Reason: typo
RubyGuggenheim is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-24-2009, 10:18 AM   #3  
Better Posture

S/C/G: 145/125/glutes

Height: 5'6.5''

I'd suggest planning every night before going to bed a new objective for the next day, like walking around the neighborhood or somewhere you haven't been before. Try to find good places for buying produce, fresh fish or meat. Look for activities you can make so you can meet new people.
Now you have time to get to know the new city, so make the most of it.
carpediem is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-24-2009, 07:01 PM   #4  
This is not a test.

S/C/G: 187/132/127.8

Height: 5'5''/165cm

i try to implement one thing a day. Its too hard to jump straight back into it full force! So one day i just try to stop snacking. the next day i try to get back into the exercise. day after that i look at my calories. within 3-4 days im back into it
Iconised Ghost is offline   Reply With Quote