Old 08-23-2009, 07:45 AM   #1  

Height: 5,1"

Default I'm back...again. For the millionth time :(

Hey everyone,

I'm back here AGAIN and this time I dont want to fail. I'll tell you my story and I apologise if I come across as a bit of a moaner but I really want to do it this time.

I was here about a year ago and managed to lose 14ish lbs and I felt great for doing it. But then I got distracted by college/new friends/new boyfriend etc etc and I had no time for working out, watching what I eat and so on. I know this is no excuse but that's what happened... I came back here a couple of months ago, determined I was going to get back on the wagon and lose the weight i had put back on but, surprise surprise, I gave in yet again and went back to my usual habits of eating junk, drinking far too much and have put on even more weight.

But I'm back again. I'm now single and finished college so I don't have the excuse of college parties and cozy nights in with my man and a bottle or 2 of wine to get me off track. I am going to do this for ME. I have had a lot of trouble involving a man recently and my life was based around trying to get him back and make him happy (which didn't work out in the end) and I realised I became far too dependant on men and I need to work on MYSELF for once. I need to enjoy being single (which to be honest, I find very hard to do) and become happy within myself.

I know I have a very unhealthy relationship with food. If I feel sad or down, I think I deserve that slice of chocolate cake and glass or 2 of wine. If I'm happy, I think I should celebrate with a nice meal out and even more wine... I need to stop thinking like this. I know I'm so much happier when I have dropped a few pounds so I don't understand why I eat so bloomin' much when I know I don't need to It also doesn't help that everyone tells me I look good and don't need to lose weight. I know I'm not incredibly over-weight but I'd like to be in the healthy range and be able to wear clothes I feel sexy in!

Ok, rant over. I guess I just need all your support and encouragement through this... I am too scared to weigh myself but I guess I have about 21lbs to lose. I can do this right? Also, whenever I do the weight loss thing, it has to be all or nothing. I have to cut out EVERYTHING and lose loads of weight in the space of a few weeks or I give up, which I know is ridiculous but I'm so impatient and get so discouraged if I don't see results quickly...

Thanks for reading this guys,

Cat xx
CatRocks is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-23-2009, 07:52 AM   #2  

Height: 5'2

Hi Cat, ...

As long as you are back, and ready to begin again....

All the best with your journey again
size8 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-23-2009, 10:23 AM   #3  
Happiness is not a weight

Height: 5' 8"

Welcome back Cat! This is my second go-round on 3FC too. I'm trying to remember that every day I do something positive for myself is a good day - getting hung up on feeling guilty about the choices I've made in the past is really counterproductive, since I can't change it!

Good luck with your weight loss goals!
smisen is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-23-2009, 12:34 PM   #4  
One step at a time

S/C/G: 181/179.6/140

Height: 5' 7"

Hi! I'm glad you decided to come back and make changes in your life! I'm still a newbie on here, but I have some of the same thoughts as you. I'm one of those people that used to reward myself with food - as in "I've been good this week, I think I'll have some McDonalds for lunch tomorrow." Those days are done. I've realized that if I cut myself just a little slack, than I'll take just a little more, and so on.

Yesterday I went to the movie theater and had a coke and a small buttered popcorn (which I looooove) - but I told myself that it was the last time I would have either until I see my husband in October. I enjoyed my popcorn and coke, but I am also ok giving them up for 2 months because I'm excited about what changes will be occurring. And after 2 months, I might not even want them anymore (that's the plan!)

I'm going with little goals such as cutting out coke, adding more veggies and fruit throughout the day, switching to whole grains, etc...I can still eat to my hearts content (mostly) but it's healthier. I'm still planning on eating a small dessert every day, but it will be planned for in advance and will work with my daily calories. Maybe some of these ideas will work for you, but you know yourself best. Just thought I'd throw in my .02

Good luck!
blueiris6 is offline   Reply With Quote