Chicks in Control Overeating? Binging? Share uplifting support and gain control!

Old 08-22-2009, 10:38 PM   #1  

S/C/G: 222/220/160

Height: 5'7

Default Darn self-defeating attitude!

I've been doing Weight Watchers for a little over a month and a half now, I'd lost on average 2.5 pounds for the first five weeks, then last week I gained 1.4 pounds. I had thought that this might happen because the week prior I had been a little sick and wasn't keeping much food in me, so maybe I lost a little more than I normally would have, but it just put me in such a funk, so, what did I do? I had a two day mini binge, not as bad as I might have in the past, but I still ate a bunch of stuff that I probably shouldn't have, not only did I feel bad emotionally, but I felt pretty bad physically, too, I hadn't eaten like that in awhile and my stomach was not happy.
Why do I do this to myself? When I'm doing good I just want to do better, but if I feel that if I'm slipping in any way I just want to give up and find myself a tour of the biggest buffets. I bounced back, though, that was about five days ago, I've lost about two pounds this week, or so it seems, I weigh in on Monday, that's what I go by, whatever my weight is at the meeting, but it just makes me so mad that I have a minor setback and it really was minor in the grand scheme of things, and then I just want to give up like so many times before. Well, I'm not giving up this time, I'm just not, I'm at my lowest weight in more than fifteen years and I'm going to keep it up!

Last edited by lunameower; 08-22-2009 at 10:39 PM. Reason: missed a few words
lunameower is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-22-2009, 11:19 PM   #2  

S/C/G: 248.8/232.2/135

Height: 5'8"

Luna--

What I have learned from people who have been successful at weight loss is that what matters most when you slip is to get right back on track and keep on going. A few months from now, you will be so glad you didn't give up and this little slip up won't even be an issue.

Keep on keeping on!

Cheers,

J
LotusMama is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-22-2009, 11:25 PM   #3  

I know that you are completely correct in that statement, while I was pretty disgusted with myself for what I did after having a setback, I'm more proud of myself for not giving up like I have every other time.
Thank you very much for your support.
Old 08-23-2009, 09:25 AM   #4  

S/C/G: 215/188/150

Height: 5'4"

I've been cutting calories for almost 3 months and I've had plenty of slip ups and I don't think much of it. Constantly getting back up on the saddle is what makes you stronger. It's part of the process and I've learned to accept that. I just want to lose weight, I don't want to be a superhuman lol!
Palestrina is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-23-2009, 10:13 AM   #5  

S/C/G: 204/114/120

Height: 5'

Well, what the heck ? I have had plenty of slip ups, the important thing is to get right back on track as soon as possible. don't be too hard on yourself , it happens to most of us . The good news is it gets easier to ignore those cravings as time goes on.
bargoo is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-23-2009, 02:53 PM   #6  

I guess that's one of the things that I'm proud of this time, I wasn't too hard on my self, I didn't decide that I just can't do it like I have so many times before. I don't always like group forums and such, but I really enjoy coming here because I know that we all do have a bond and everyone has gone through what I'm going through, I appreciate you guys very much.