Old 08-22-2009, 12:04 PM   #1  

S/C/G: 165.6/158.4/130

Height: 5'7"

Default I am so frustrated I want to SCREAM!!!

Ok I don't know if this is the right catagory for this thread but it would fit in many so I just chose one.

So I kind of started over my weight loss journey on 7/20. That is when I started with my gowear fit and tracking religiously. I also have been doing the C25k and on July 20th I believe I was starting week 4, however I only ran 1 day that 1st week.

So here is why I am so frustrated. It appears when I run I have trouble losing weight. I took 2 weeks off because of an injury and I lost more weight those 2 weeks than ever b4. Its so frustrating.

Week 1: I had an avg calorie deficit of 1073 per day. Estimated weight loss was 2.1 Actual weight loss was 2.6 but since it was my first week I know that was almost all water.

Week 2: Avg deficit was 691. Estimated weight loss 1.4. Actual weight.
loss 0.2

Week 3: 1st week of 2 week rest. Avg deficit was 998. Estimated weight loss 2.0. Actual weight loss 1.8.

Week 4: 2nd week of 2 week rest. Avg deficit was 713. Estimated weight loss 1.4. Actual weight loss 1.2.

Week 5: (ends tomorrow) Avg deficit 1099. Estimated weight loss 1.6. Actual....gained .2

So what I see here is that when I don't run I lose almost exactly what the estimate is. When I do (week 2 and week 5) I lose almost nothing!!! I should be at or below 150 this week and I am not! I have always heard that running is a weight loss exercise, but its not working!

I need some feedback.......please!
crcossel is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-22-2009, 12:21 PM   #2  

S/C/G: 204/114/120

Height: 5'

The bottom line is what is important , using your figures you have lost 5.8 pounds, that is excellent.
bargoo is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-22-2009, 12:26 PM   #3  

S/C/G: 171/ticker/121

Height: 5' 1"

Are you eating/snacking more when you run? When I workout, I really have to watch myself, otherwise I'll grab a snack without thinking about it.
Quiet Ballerina is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-22-2009, 12:49 PM   #4  
starting over again

Even though there are calculators to find your BMR, there really is no good way to get it exact. It's just a ballpark estimate. So you can't find what your daily deficit is exactly, which is why trying to calculate what you should be losing down to the tenth of a pound is futile. I think the fact that you lost 5 lbs in the past month is great especially considering you started at a healthy weight to begin with. Keep up the good work!
Marms is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-22-2009, 12:56 PM   #5  

S/C/G: 165.6/158.4/130

Height: 5'7"

Quote:
Are you eating/snacking more when you run? When I workout, I really have to watch myself, otherwise I'll grab a snack without thinking about it.
I do sometimes eat more but I am purposeful about it and I track everything.

Quote:
Even though there are calculators to find your BMR, there really is no good way to get it exact.
I'm not using a calculator. I am wearing a GoWear Fit (http://www.gowearfit.com) 24 hours a day.

Last edited by crcossel; 08-22-2009 at 12:56 PM.
crcossel is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-22-2009, 01:39 PM   #6  
Just Yr Everyday Chick

S/C/G: Lost 50 lbs, regained some

Height: 5'3"

Well, even though things aren't going the way you planned, you are actually doing fine. Weight loss isn't linear, and in real life it is rarely going to match up with estimates. There are just too many variables in there.

Rejoice in the fact that you have lost 5.8 pounds in a month! Woohoo! That is so great! I don't think I ever lost faster than 4 pounds in a month.

Keep going--you don't need to change a thing.

Jay
JayEll is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-22-2009, 02:05 PM   #7  

S/C/G: 184/160/110

Height: 5/2

Well, I have read that it is a good thing to Zig zag your cals to repair your body from the diet. Ex. If you eat 1500 cals in a normal diet day you average that out for the week by eating 1700 one day and 1300 the next.This tells your body you are getting lot to eat and you avoid the plateau. I HOPE... I have read this but have only been doing it for a few days. If anyone know if this works I would love to hear. Anyways, maybe that is the problem is your body is slowing down and with the added muscle(do to the running) you are not seeing the number on the scale move as fast. I keep a pair of jeans that are tight fitting that I use for those discouraging weeks. ( I call them my sizer jeans LOL) As women we fluctuate but the clothing usually tell even when the scale doesn't. It may also help to measure your body and watch for muscle definition to appear. Like goodness I can see my wrists getting thinner or my upper arms are really becoming defined. That way you don't get crazy tracking the number. Hope this helps.
mddieter is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-22-2009, 02:06 PM   #8  
Getting healthy again!!

S/C/G: 204/199/140

Height: 5'2.5"

You're body is not a science experiment. Things aren't going to be exactly accurate. I have a GWF I understand its not going to be exact. For instance when I am riding a stationary bike, it shows almost no extra calories burned, but I know I am busting my hump.

You are losing weight and at a great rate. Only worry when the scale starts to go the other way.
Cebsme is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-22-2009, 03:37 PM   #9  
a work in progress

S/C/G: see ticker

Height: 5'6 1/2

Quote:
Originally Posted by Cebsme View Post
You're body is not a science experiment. Things aren't going to be exactly accurate. I have a GWF I understand its not going to be exact. For instance when I am riding a stationary bike, it shows almost no extra calories burned, but I know I am busting my hump.

You are losing weight and at a great rate. Only worry when the scale starts to go the other way.

ugh, isnt that the truth. if the calorie calculators worked right, id be losing about 2lb/week. as it stands, ive been hovering within a pound or two of 180 for a MONTH. all you can do is keep plugging along, it will go.. eventually.

ps, 5.8 in a month is a LOT. i know its frustrating to have weeks where the scale wont move, but i only average 3-4 lb/month.
juliastl27 is offline   Reply With Quote