General chatter Because life isn't just about dieting. Play games, jokes, or share what's new in your life!

Old 08-21-2009, 12:22 AM   #1  
Going around again

S/C/G: 289/249/140

Height: 5'5"

Default Weird Gripe ...

This is going to sound petty and nuts, but it makes me mad.

I came across an article on Stumble about the 20 most prolific serial killers of all time. So I started reading the short clips about them, and the first female (there were only two) bio HAD to mention how fat she was and mocked how she managed to garner suitors to kill them. I mean, she was a crazy maniacal killer, but they focus on her WEIGHT???? What the **** is that?

As I said, it shoudn't bother me considering what the article was about, but c'mon! There was no mention on how pudgy John Wayne Gacy was ...
MoragMunch is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-21-2009, 12:32 AM   #2  

S/C/G: 203 / 171 / 133

Height: 64"

Ugh! Maybe we should focus on how she managed to get BFs even if she was fat? JK, I always hate it when the media always tells you how old a woman is but it doesn't matter nearly as much with the guys.

It's all about making looks more important than, umm, accomplishments with women.
RMatS is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-21-2009, 02:40 AM   #3  

S/C/G: 198/155/140

Height: 5'9"

ha... I had to look this up to see what it said. It was back in the old days, so maybe it was around the time extra padding was attractive on women.

It does seem silly they focused on her weight and not much else about her

I read more up on it and it seems her weight is mentioned because the body they found they thought was hers was too small, so it's not sure whatever happened to her. :O sorry if TMI.

Last edited by ringmaster; 08-21-2009 at 03:45 AM.
ringmaster is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-21-2009, 04:15 AM   #4  

Location: Sunshine State, Florida.. St. Petersburg. Where the sand is white, and the water is warm. ;]

S/C/G: 210/195/145

Height: 5'10

Maybe they mentioned her weight, with the follow up of her pulling in men, because she got a lot? I know RMatS was saying it as a joke, but maybe that's exactly why. Possibly, they just found it ironic that she was pudgy and still managed to pull in a lot of men to kill. How big was she? Eh, I wouldn't look too far into it. Shows like that use the material they have, maybe the interview or bio they found didnt give a lot of "juicy" info so they had to pick at other topics to make it more interesting? Even more ironic, being about a serial killer.

Sometimes people say things that they think are minor and simple, but to other people they could be very important/meaningful in all different kinds of ways. Just depends on who's looking at it, and their experiences and trials.

Like when teenagers [kids, and people, but mainly teenagers from what I've noticed 1st hand] say "******ed" as a funny joke. A mother of a mentally chalanged child wouldn't find that very funny, but to the teenager it's harmless because their not directly talking down about mentally challenged individuals, or as a group, it's simply a joke.

Or when, again mainly teenagers, say things such as "that's so gay"... using gay as a negative.
You see where I'm getting at..

One person may see donuts as a dessert, I see them as 5lbs. haha.
To each their own opinion, to each their own view. :]

Probably didn't help anything but its 4am and I can't sleep lol, forgive me.
SailorWife is offline   Reply With Quote