Looking Good, Feeling Great Plus to Petite Shopping, the Home Spa, and Beauty Tips for Beautiful Chicks

Old 08-21-2009, 12:17 AM   #1  

Location: Sunshine State, Florida.. St. Petersburg. Where the sand is white, and the water is warm. ;]

S/C/G: 210/195/145

Height: 5'10

Talking Acne due to weight loss??

I'm 18, I've never had acne,.. I've had a pimple here and there, or even a few at a time.. but never really bad.

I started this weight loss program, and have lost 12 lbs since Aug 3.

I've been working out a lot on a stationary bike mainly, and have done a lot of miles, and with a lot of miles comes a lot of sweat.

Ever since I've started the diet I've been breaking out REEEALLLY badly across my shoulder blades and a little down my back. I'm wondering if this is normal. And if so, I'm SOOO open for tips and solutions. :]

Pleeeease feel free to comment even if you dont have a solution, I'd like to hear your stories too. :] Thank you!! <3

SailorWife is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-21-2009, 12:32 AM   #2  
banned

S/C/G: 213/ticker/135

Height: 5'5

Ok, this might sound weird and I don't know if it's true, but someone told me it's something like toxins leaving your body, that's why so many people who lose weight has amazing skin. It could also be because you're working out and sweating more.

And you are only 18, it could also be hormonal. Your body could also be stressing, which is good, so you're getting acne.

I use Dermalogica, but it's expensive.

BTW, good job on the weight loss! that's a lot of poundage in a couple of weeks!

Last edited by sunflowergirl68; 08-21-2009 at 12:33 AM.
sunflowergirl68 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-21-2009, 01:30 AM   #3  
Ale

It could be cuz your sweating. it happend to me.
good luck!
Ale is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-21-2009, 01:34 AM   #4  

S/C/G: 178/134/125

Height: 5'6"

Definitely sounds like it is due to the sweat. Your body isn't used to it!

I would just try to shower/bathe right after you exercise and make sure you are using a good acne cleanser/soap on the areas. Perhaps also get materials for your workout clothes that "wick" the sweat off more. If the acne remains stubborn-- try proactiv-- I use it and love it.
traveling michele is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-21-2009, 01:53 AM   #5  

S/C/G: 201/155/145

Height: 5'6"

I would also watch what detergent you're using. Maybe switch to an organic or one that is used for babies like Dreft. I found I had this problem more when I wore a sports bra all day versus taking it off as soon as I was done with a workout. Also, if possible, being able to bathe as soon as you are done working out, like working out in the morning before you shower. I've never understood how people can workout at lunchtime during work. I love working in the evening though.
mamaspank is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-21-2009, 02:20 AM   #6  

Location: Sunshine State, Florida.. St. Petersburg. Where the sand is white, and the water is warm. ;]

Thank you guys for all of these!! After posting this, I read another thread and saw someone comment and input "acne.org" so I tried it out, it's basically 3FC except for acne instead of weight lol, even though I like 3FC better and feel more open here lol.. but I almost everywhere I looked people were talking about AHA (Alpha Hydroxy Acid) which is a lotion you rub on light-moderate acne right after showering and it's suppose to help a lot. They also say that tight clothes, and putting pressure on acne when you wash or even just rub the lotion on, can irritate it which doesn't help at all and can sometimes make it worse. :] So yeah, hope that helps atleast 1 :]

Thanks again, guys!! :]
Old 08-21-2009, 12:55 PM   #7  
GO RED TEAM!!!!!!!

Height: 5"8

Default Back ance

Quote:
Originally Posted by SailorWife View Post
I'm 18, I've never had acne,.. I've had a pimple here and there, or even a few at a time.. but never really bad.

I started this weight loss program, and have lost 12 lbs since Aug 3.

I've been working out a lot on a stationary bike mainly, and have done a lot of miles, and with a lot of miles comes a lot of sweat.

Ever since I've started the diet I've been breaking out REEEALLLY badly across my shoulder blades and a little down my back. I'm wondering if this is normal. And if so, I'm SOOO open for tips and solutions. :]

Pleeeease feel free to comment even if you dont have a solution, I'd like to hear your stories too. :] Thank you!! <3

Hello,

I too had this problem and I also mainly do the stationary bike for my cardio. First off you need to shower right after working out, and use a soap with Salicylic acid in it, but with no more then 3%. Salicylic acid prevents the adherence of bacteria that causes acne to the clogged pores on your back and second it will gently exfoliate helping to free clogged pores. Only use the soap on your acne areas, the soap is not intended for other use. Second never scrub acne you'll break the dome and spread the bacteria to clogged pores not yet infected. If given a chance (time) Salicylic acid will unclog your pores and heal your acne. Third I'm sure you already know this one but change into a clean tee shirt after you've showered and never wear a dirty tee shirt to workout in. You should only wear breathable material like cotton to workout in and sleep in. Also always use a clean towel each time you wash up and wash you sheets twice a week. I hope this helps.

Last edited by IgetfitNStrongforme; 08-22-2009 at 12:31 AM.
IgetfitNStrongforme is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-23-2009, 01:02 AM   #8  

Thank you so much. I'm deffinately going to get soap with Salicylic acid in it and do exactly as you said. I believe this is why too. Thanks. :]
Old 08-23-2009, 01:57 AM   #9  
GO RED TEAM!!!!!!!

Height: 5"8

Wink

Quote:
Originally Posted by SailorWife View Post
Thank you so much. I'm deffinately going to get soap with Salicylic acid in it and do exactly as you said. I believe this is why too. Thanks. :]
You are very welcome, let me know how it works.

IgetfitNStrongforme is offline   Reply With Quote