Weight Loss Support Give and get support here!

Old 08-20-2009, 09:42 PM   #1  

S/C/G: HW193/See Ticker/128

Height: 5'5"

Default So far, so good

I haven't been working out like I should...my 8 yr old informed me last week "Ooooooh, you haven't done your workout in FOUR daaaaaaaaaaaays". It is true, but I have still been steadily losing.

In fact, I seem to be losing at a faster rate than when I WAS working out.

Just wondering if this happened to anyone else? I know anything is possible, but can muscle loss be a possibility in only 2 weeks?

I have been very active, shuffling the kids here and there, working on a large home project and I just cannot find the time right now. I just cannot believe I am only 11 lbs away! Although, I have thought about altering my goal to 125 which would give me 5 lbs to work with before I hit "freak out" mode at 130. I hope that won't be often.

Which brings me to another question...and this may need to go on the maintainers forum. Concerning the goal that I set, is that a good thing? How do I go about getting into maintenance? Do I continue with the calories I am eating now until weight loss just stops or am I supposed to be the one to manipulate the loss to stop?
Niecy is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-21-2009, 07:30 AM   #2  
Just Yr Everyday Chick

S/C/G: Lost 50 lbs, regained some

Height: 5'3"

Hey!

Usually it's an individual thing with maintenance. When you reach your goal and are firmly there, you begin by increasing your calories (assuming you count calories) by, say, 100 a day and see what happens for a week or two. Then increase by another increment. You may see your weight continue to drop at first, or not. At some point your weight will level out, and if it starts to rise (and I'm talking about weekly weigh-ins, not daily), you stay at that calorie level or drop back by 100.

As for exercise, do the exercise regimen you plan for maintenance. It will likely mean fewer days at the gym per week, or less intense workouts.

You adjust these components on your own to see what gives you a steady weight, with a range of fluctuation.

Jay
JayEll is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-21-2009, 02:34 PM   #3  

S/C/G: HW193/See Ticker/128

Height: 5'5"

Thanks Jay!

Put on my size 6 shorts I just bought 2 weeks ago and if it weren't for the drawstring at the waist, they would fall right off.

It is so surreal that I am no longer considered "overweight". Best feeling I have had in a while! I still have some "issues" to deal with, like acknowledging the fact I am not fat anymore. I still see her in the mirror from time to time and am trying to stop cutting myself down. But those times I see the "new" me in the mirror, it is so worth every minute I spent counting calories, shopping for healthier foods and saying NO! to the junk.

Thank you and thanks to everyone else on this site
Niecy is offline   Reply With Quote