South Beach Diet Fat Chicks on the Beach!

Closed Thread

Old 08-19-2009, 06:02 AM   #1  

S/C/G: 186/147/135

Height: 5'1"

Default Humpday Happenings

Happy Humpday! This week is going fast!

I woke up thinking it was an hour later than it actually was. At least I don't have to rush around and can enjoy my coffee. I was hoping last night's storms would cool things off a little, but it's supposed to be another steamy day. I have to do some grocery shopping this morning, and I know the girls are going to be grumbling, but we'll probably spend the rest of the day at the pool.

What's happening on your Humpday?
Old 08-19-2009, 06:21 AM   #2  
Come on Spring!

S/C/G: 232/170/150

Height: 5'0" on a tall day

here too! I was just about to do a "What's Up Wednesday" thread and Cottage beat me to it while I filled my mug!

My darlings came home from the kennel late yesterday afternoon and are sooo pleased to be back. Even with all the mess, noise and confusion, home's best for them. Of course it helps that they adore "Mommy" and it's sort of mutual. Right now I have one on each foot.

The weather is supposed to moderate after a week of HHH. It's 64º right now and only going up to 80º this afternoon. Paul and the guys will be here at 7 and plan to get the deck finished today and the dog fence relocated. I am amazed at how quickly they work! It's also building inspector day and, if all is fine, drywall starts next.

Today I will do pet therapy at 1 with both dogs. Because there are guys in and out all the time, I won't leave one of my darlings on their own so off we go together.

This is my first stab at getting things back to relative normal around here. I really have not been getting much done with the guys in and out all the time. I have to be here to answer questions a lot but certainly can get stuff done in the kitchen now that the AC is back. I have beans, cucumbers and zucchini to tackle and baking to do for the Saturday sale at the Church.

So....on with Hump Day. What's ahappenin' chez-toi?
Old 08-19-2009, 06:29 AM   #3  

S/C/G: 186/147/135

Height: 5'1"

Morning, Ruth. You painted a happy picture in my mind of you sitting there with your darlings at your feet. There's no doubt about the mutual love! I really miss those pups!
Old 08-19-2009, 06:59 AM   #4  
Working on healthy

Height: 5'5.5

Good morning It's a wee bit cooler here and feels less humid. I sure hope that holds for the drive! The crazy thing is we leave Saturday for NH and the highs will only be in the 60s! No swimming for me.

Cottage - It's nice to have a surprise leisurely start to the day

Ruth - Sounds like the perfect start to your day

I'm gearing up for the drive home. I woke up at 3:30 so that won't help. Why does that always happen on days I need to be alert?! Good thing there is coffee.

I'll see you all from my home base Have a good day
Old 08-19-2009, 07:00 AM   #5  
Come on Spring!

S/C/G: 232/170/150

Height: 5'0" on a tall day

Safe trip, Cyndi.
Old 08-19-2009, 07:24 AM   #6  
GlenwoodHotSprings

S/C/G: 275/179/179

Height: 5'5"

Good Morning

Just a quick hi, as my computer is very slow this morn and I've got a bit to do.
Cottage, have a great day. Thank goodness for the pool! I love that extra time in the morning.
Ruth, I am just amazed how fast your project is going. Drywall! It sounds like the pups can be with you from now on.
Cyndi, glad to see you popping in. Safe travels.

I'm in the busy mode this morning. A friend who freelances is also an early riser. She's coming over around 6 to help with a few hours cleaning. Yea!! I have pulled everything out of both bathrooms and she can take it from there. I was in meetings from 9 am until 8 last night so this will provide a boost to my exit plans and allow me to get to the pool tomorrow.

Hi everyone

See you all later. Have a great day.
Old 08-19-2009, 07:25 AM   #7  

S/C/G: Too much/Less/Just Right!

Height: 5'4"

Happy Wednesday!

Cottage, Auston grumbles about grocery shopping, too. It's best when he can stay home with Daddy -- for both of us! Hope your shopping goes quickly and smoothly.

Ruth, You and your doggies really do sound precious. We have an old lab mix named Molly who hasn't played in years. We're talking about getting Auston a puppy.

Cyndi, Stay alert on your drive today!

Me: Work has been crazy all week! We are a United Way Agency. The quarterly/monthly reporting they require is just ridiculous! My boss asked me yesterday if I would be interested in learning grant writing. I don't think so!

We're supposed to have another rainy day today. I actually like rainy days, if it isn't the weekend. I hope everyone has a beautiful day. We're on the way to Friday. WooHoo!!!

Debbie... Send your friend to my bathrooms next, please!

Last edited by Chelby29; 08-19-2009 at 07:27 AM.
Old 08-19-2009, 08:55 AM   #8  

S/C/G: 261/252/145

Height: 5'4"

Ick, this heat is wearing me down. I've got to get some cleaning done after work tonight (wish I had a bathroom-cleaning friend!), and I guess I've got to get to Walmart to finish the back-to-school shopping. I really don't want to be stuck doing it over the weekend.
I took a walk already and I swam hard at the pool last night, so I'm off to a good start today. I love that feeling! Have a great hump day everyone.
Old 08-19-2009, 09:10 AM   #9  
KO
In Pursuit of Divatude!

peep Popping in for a sec
Worked out this AM and am on 3 days of clean eating!! well this is day 3 but I had a small victory last night
was packaging my turkey pepperoni and didn't snitch one for me
Told ya it was small but it has never happened before!

ok gotta get crackin!
Kierie
Old 08-19-2009, 10:59 AM   #10  

S/C/G: 214/210/164

Height: 5'0"

Hey everyone. Just checking in to say, hello! Hope everyone is having a great Wednesday!

Cyndi: Be careful on the drive! "See" you later!
Old 08-19-2009, 12:11 PM   #11  

Happy Humpday everyone!

Today is my birthday so Iplan to relax most of the day and celebrate later on. I've been up since the crack of dawn since my phones, text and e-mails are going off like crazy. I was hanging out here 'til the wee hours of the morning and thought I was going to be able to sleep in for a while. BUT, I've been awakened for a great cause!

I wanted to have lost 50 lbs by today but my efforts were sabotaged along the way. Partly my fault but also a huge part due to my insecure EX-fiance'. But that's another story. However, I'm happy to report that as of this AM, I've officially lost 24.8 lbs. Okay, so I'm just about 1/2 way there!

It's very overcast this morning but I don't mind too much for I know the sun is going to shine brightly soon!

May you all have a WONDERFUL Wednesday!
Old 08-19-2009, 12:13 PM   #12  
Vegan.whole.foodie.

S/C/G: hw252 csw220/???/160

Height: 5'7.5 ;)

Hello ladies! I am running late on my chores this morning so I better make this a quickie! Lots of errands to run and supposed to make it to a training at work by 1, not sure if that will happen or not! Laundry and other misc is going on now, I seem to start it in the morning and finish it the next morning! I am such a slacker!
Old 08-19-2009, 12:35 PM   #13  

S/C/G: 214/210/164

Height: 5'0"

Happy Birthday, SunshineCA!!!!!
Old 08-19-2009, 01:08 PM   #14  

Quote:
Originally Posted by Kim_Star060404 View Post
Happy Birthday, SunshineCA!!!!!
Thanks Kim!
Old 08-19-2009, 01:27 PM   #15  

Height: 5' 7"

Happy Birthday Sunshine!!!

Super busy day at work. I feel bad that I forget it was DD2 Open House at school last night, normally they send a reminder home from school. I saw people up at the school but there was sign join Scouting so I thought it was recruiting night for Boy scouts. She's only 6 so this are important to her to show us around her new room. I did walk her to school on Friday so I saw where she sits in the room and met her Teacher that day, but I still feel bad.

Have a good day everyone
Closed Thread