UK Fat Chicks Meet dieters in your area, discuss weight and food issues unique to the UK.

Old 08-17-2009, 02:45 PM   #1  

S/C/G: 231/229/208 (first goal) /129

Height: 5ft5" ish.

Default Newbie intro.

Hello all

I'm new here, found the site after doing a search for something and I'm loving it already!

Little bit about me, I'm 30, single mum to a daughter who is 8 and has hollow legs on occasion but at other times eyes bigger than her belly I've always eaten larger portions than I should do and I've been trying to lose weight since I was about 12 as a result.

I've lost weight in the past and usually only manage to loose a stone or so (Doctors are still baffled as to how I managed to lose weight while pregnant yet both myself & daughter were fit and healthy I think it was moving out of my parents place and cooking for myself/then partner on a very tight budget! ), and last year I managed to loose nearly 2 stone, but that involved me doing approximately 20,000 steps a day!

These days I'm a voluntary full(term) time teaching assistant in the school that my daughter attends and I'm also studying part time through the Open University for a degree. As a result I don't have the time to fit in 20,000 steps a day, look after my daughter/the house/go to work/study unless someone can tell me a way to extend each day by about 6 hours! Less sleep is not an option either, already I'm only getting 6 hours a night and feel constantly tired!

So I've decided that I need to get myself sorted - I'm on a calorie controlled diet of 2350cals a day - might seem a lot but I'm currently weighing in at 231lbs and that's how many calories I need to take in to loose a steady 2lbs a week apparently! If I can cut back to this amount I'll be happy as I seem to have put on 7lbs in the past 4 weeks! But I know my over indulgences have been chocolate, pizza, chippy, cheese & pasta

I'm also digging out the wii fit again - I have a rechargeable battery pack for it which is currently on charge and then I'm planning on getting back on it and working out every day...well thats the theory.

Looking forward to working my way through the recipe thread.

Laters
nicki reborn is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-17-2009, 03:30 PM   #2  
Doughnut

S/C/G: 161.4/158.6/130

Height: 5'5.5"

Hello Nicki, welcome to 3FC.

I've floated in and out of this board for two years. I keep coming back because it is so supportive, lots of helpful advice. Remember to check out beyond the UK section - loads of different boards and once you've got yurself orientated you'll choose a couple of boards you'll feel the most comfortable with. I note that you're counting calories, lots of support for that method here and if you get stuck there'll be lots of advice I'm sure.
Doughnut is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-05-2009, 02:38 PM   #3  

S/C/G: 308/176/150

Height: 5ft 5

Hello and welcome Come and join us on the scare yoruself slim thread if you like

I managed to lose weight when pregnant to - it's only in the lats 10 weeks I suddenly put a lot on with my first and a little on with my 2nd and 3rd. After pregnancy was another matter though - whatever I did I seemed to put on weight while my body slowly adapted to not being pregnant anymore.
Rainbow is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-05-2009, 03:34 PM   #4  

Me too! Looks like a great place!
livinthelife24 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-18-2009, 10:53 AM   #5  
I can do it!

S/C/G: 245/218/145

Height: 5'3"

I'm new here too! Just joined today. I'm at the same weight as you too Nicki! How much do you plan to lose? We should definitely give each other encouragement. I've been overweight since I was a little girl too. I've never been a normal weight at any point in my life, and now at 24 I've realised that I'm wasting years that I could be thin and happy! It's horrible having been like this since i can remember.

Anyway, time to get down to business eh?
beescwee is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-31-2009, 12:04 PM   #6  

Welcome all.

I am not new but have 'rejoined' due to no longer being able to use the computer at work (I am now out of work - but not through using the computer to chat!). So as wel as using a different computer I have had to change my name and password etc. I was Peacock, then Peahen then Peacock 2 I think....Basically I just love peacocks!!!!
I am still overweight and trying to eat healthily on the pittance that is the job seekers allowance. Things will be even worse in the next few days when my season ticket runs out. Still I did hear that i can claim if i travel to seek work. Hmm.

Like Nicki I am studying part time with the OU
Peacock Princess is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-05-2009, 12:20 PM   #7  

S/C/G: 279.5/251/150

Height: 5'6

Hi everyone

I'm in the same boat as Peacock in that I'm a returning member - in fact I'm pretty sure the two of us have been on here at the same time in the past! :-) I came back on to find out that last time I was on here was February 2006 & I was 37.5lbs lighter then! Depressing stuff.

Right now I'm in my first week back at WW & I'm feeling really good about it at the moment, but I know from past experience the excitement of the first week doesn't last.

I have a a son and daughter both at Junior school and I'm currently studying a FT degree in Interpreting at uni, so I can certainly relate to the lack of time and sleep.

I don't know how often I'll get chance to pop on here, but I always found it so helpful and the members so supportive in the past & I'm sure that has't changed.

Look forward to getting to know more about you all.

Shell
Bakewell is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-06-2009, 01:27 PM   #8  

Oh look I now have an avatar!!!!

Hi Shell,

I do remember!

Not many of the oldies around but i had a grin when I saw you were around still!
Peacock Princess is offline   Reply With Quote