Chicks in Control Overeating? Binging? Share uplifting support and gain control!

Old 08-17-2009, 11:35 AM   #1  

S/C/G: afraid to find out

Height: 5'5

Unhappy CHick out of Control Again

Here I am again, its Monday and all I want to do is live in the unthinking world, the world i used to inhabit before i realized i had to wake up and start looking at what i am doing with my life and to my body by letting my emotions take control.. So I planned out my meals for the week and then never went to the grocery store as part of the plan. I had a pajama day and cleaned and did laundry. I was super stresssed and had breakfast and then 5 snack size bags of Pirates Booty (did you know it came in a snack size?) I have an insane week with lots of meetings and needed the Sunday to clear my head, have clean clothes and plan out a tough week. So as a result I didnt sleep well woke up late and was late to work.

Missed breakfast (bad) and am going to have lunch shortly. But all my will power from last week feels like it just disappeared. I want fast food and I want it now.

I know a lot of you have eating disorders on this forum, and in my own way i have my own. Its why I identify so much with this space.
Thanks for letting me get my feelings out, maybe it will help me feel more incontrol.

Mary Ellen
maryellenatl is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-17-2009, 12:59 PM   #2  
Soul Cyster

S/C/G: 235/seeticker/135

Height: 5'3"

Take a deep breath

Maybe you could go with smaller changes first then when you are following that more comfortably start implementing more

I found trying to do it all at once didn't work- now going to the store every weekend is something I automatically do and love it!

Good luck.
beerab is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-17-2009, 11:52 PM   #3  

S/C/G: original 221 198/ticker/150

Height: 5'9"

I totally feel you on this one. Sorry to hear that's where you are, it's a difficult place to be. The thing I do to remind me not to fast food it, is... remember the last meal I ate at fast food. Did it taste good? Yes... BUT - Did I feel energized and healthy afterwards? NO! Then I think of the day I ate a salad for lunch... how light I felt afterwards and how proud of myself for not having resorted to fast food. It might sound horrible, but I have to constantly remind myself why I am not eating this or why I don't want to go there... My big downfall is fast food, so I completely relate to you on this.
Keep on the right track and remember, feeling healthy is just a thought away.
stargzr is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-18-2009, 11:07 AM   #4  

S/C/G: crazy/working/calm

Height: 5'8"

Hey there!
Sometimes just writing about it is half the battle; get it out of your head and into a place where other people can see and let you know that you're not alone.

It sounds like you've already won huge battles. #1- You realize that your life is not going the way that you'd like it to go... This is a step in the right direction. Also, you're buying healthy food. AND you have meetings, which means that you're at least making an effort to be part of the world outside. Give yourself some credit and don't let these feelings turn into a week long slide. If they're just feelings, don't let them turn into actions, but if you've already slid, then tie a knot in the rope and start climbing up again.

You CAN make it!

We believe in you.
Alexistrophic is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-18-2009, 02:01 PM   #5  

Hi there

It's definitely hard to be in your situation right now, I can feel you. >_<; Writing about it obviously helps.

Don't worry, don't go overpanicking and overbinge and took a deep, slow breath. It might calm you down instead of food. Taking food won't solve your problems, but calming yourself and dealing with the problems will.

If you must go in a binge, try something healthier for substitute. A salad or homemade potato chips... or at least, making yourself full before eating your favourite snack, so that you won't pack on unhealthy calories...

Either way, good luck! Hopefully you'll be more relaxed..
Trefle is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-20-2009, 03:25 AM   #6  
Just starting out!

S/C/G: 135/115/110

Height: 5'4"

I totally understand. I don't understand myself why I can't handle stressful or bored times. My cravings and addiction come out strong in those times. Keep posting and you can yahoo instant message me whenever you want. Talking is good for me as well.
minipony is offline   Reply With Quote