South Beach Diet Fat Chicks on the Beach!

Closed Thread

Old 08-17-2009, 06:10 AM   #1  
Come on Spring!

S/C/G: 232/170/150

Height: 5'0" on a tall day

Default Maybe Magic Monday Murmurs & Mutters

Mmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmm - coffee is good this morning! The sun is still just thinking about coming up. It could skip it today because it's certainly warm enough out there already. It's already 77º and is heading for 95º and the humidity is currently 94%!

Big day on the construction site! The dogs are off to the kennel before eight and the backfilling will be underway before that. I spent three hours moving stuff out of the diningroom in prep for today's wall bashing. I had to empty the china cabinet so it can be moved and found lots of stuff I never use. It was all going to the yard sale until I started looking at prices for some of the old stuff. Some of the teacups are $75. Ebay here I come....later!

I need to hustle around and get the day cranked up. See you later as long as I can still get here with my house in chaos. I need some magic to get through this day.
Old 08-17-2009, 06:20 AM   #2  

S/C/G: 186/147/135

Height: 5'1"

There's nothing like that first sip of coffee in the morning!

It's going to be another 3H day here, hot, hazy and humid. You know where you'll find me!

Today is Amber's first day back to school, and I hope the AC is working. Her school is always one of the first ones to start the term early, but most schools don't start back until the 31st. They were over yesterday, and she seemed to be happy and excited about today, so that's good.

I have to go in early this morn, but I want to try to get the kitchen floor scrubbed first. There was a lot of trooping in and out in wet feet yesterday, and the floor is a mess!

Ruth, if I still had that fairy wand attached to my hand I could sprinkle some magic dust your way!

Last edited by cottagebythesea; 08-17-2009 at 06:23 AM.
Old 08-17-2009, 06:58 AM   #3  
GlenwoodHotSprings

S/C/G: 275/179/179

Height: 5'5"

Quote:
Originally Posted by cottagebythesea View Post
There's nothing like that first sip of coffee in the morning!
It's my favorite moment of the day! I've been outside sipping already!

I'm just remembering all of you asking when summer would ever come. It seems you're getting your heat.

Ruth, I hope the kennel is nearby. You seem to be burning a trail back and forth. What a mess today sounds to be. Thinking of all that dust must make you wish it were all "fairy dust". Hang in there and find some moments of peace.

Cottage, I listen to WNYC in the mornings and always know the weather in Central Park. Todays forcast; HHH. I got a chuckle. You all seem to be in agreement. Enjoy the pool . My floor needs scrubbing, too, but I will wait until nearer to my departure this week.

ETA-Chelby, Great score at the yard sale! I love nice kitchen stuff.

Me, needing a Miracle today. I've been Mulling around this morning putting things in their place. Our annual fundraiser for the dog therapy group is in September but I have an important deadline next week and my helper is not being much "help". It will work out but it would be so much easier to just "git er dun". I have to decide what day I'm heading over the mountains (again!). Kirk flies in early Friday morning which means that in addition to the drive I have to cross Denver in rush hour traffic.

So, all that what it is I will do what I can do today. I'll take the doggies to the park and continue on errands before heading to the pool at 9. Then home to ice the birthday cake that the neighbor girls came over and baked for their Moms BD today. Fortunately, it's still early so I can work on projects at the house and......

Have a great day everyone! Keep on truckin'!

Last edited by Lexxiss; 08-17-2009 at 07:06 AM.
Old 08-17-2009, 07:07 AM   #4  

S/C/G: Too much/Less/Just Right!

Height: 5'4"

Good Morning!

Ruth, My hubby is an Ebay fool! He loves it! The most tedious part is shipping. I have a beautiful china teacup and saucer that my mom gave me. When I need to feel like a princess, I use that cup.

Cottage, I hope Amber enjoys her first day of school. A day in the pool sounds loverly.

Debbie, I wish you were close. I need a pound cake for Thursday. My MIL usually helps me, but she's at the beach. I am such a lousy baker. She cooks and I clean up.

We're supposed to be getting the rain from Tropical Storm Claudette today. We could use the rain. It's all calm and quiet now.

Auston says he's big enough to walk to his class by himself. So, today, I'm dropping him off in the carpool line. A piece of me hopes he changes his mind, because I still want him to be my baby. I bet he won't. He's an independent toot!

Last edited by Chelby29; 08-17-2009 at 07:10 AM.
Old 08-17-2009, 07:35 AM   #5  
GlenwoodHotSprings

Quote:
Originally Posted by Chelby29 View Post
Debbie, I wish you were close. I need a pound cake for Thursday.
What's the occasion? Does it have to be a pound cake?
Old 08-17-2009, 09:13 AM   #6  

Thursday is the one Board Meeting of the year that I'm required to attend. I'm supposed to bring an appetizer or dessert. My MIL's pound cakes are wonderful. I just have to figure out what to bring.
Old 08-17-2009, 10:12 AM   #7  

S/C/G: 214/210/164

Height: 5'0"

Good morning, everyone! Kind of quiet this Monday morning!

Ruth: Yikes! Sounds like lots of dust and debris are in your very-near future. I hope the tear-down goes well and that you can relax this evening. Wish I could join you for a sip of coffee, but this is a no-coffee morning!

Cottage: I can't believe how early school starts these days! Hope you got the floor clean and that the pool is welcoming and waiting when you get there!!

Lexxiss: I bet you can't wait to get Kirk back, but the drive to go get him doesn't sound fun at all. I hope you get all of the things done that you need to. It sounds like a lot!!

Chelby: What a big boy Auston is, but I'm sure it's hard on you. It sounds like he's really enjoying school, though. I hope you have a wonderful day!

Me: Back to work for me this morning. Our camping trip trip was pretty fun, but we ended up leaving early. Friday night was a complete bust. We got there, got set up, ate our hot-dogs and just chilled for a bit. We headed to bed around 10 pm and at 10:45 a HUGE thunderstorm hit!! I didn't get to sleep until 6 am on Saturday, and then we woke up at 7:30. The storm was just ridiculous; lightning and thunder and buckets of rain. The wind was the worst, whipping the rain under the rain flap and into the tent. What a bummer. We went fishing and swimming on Saturday and then high-tailed it out of there so that we could have a comfortable night's sleep in our own bed.

I spent yesterday recovering a bit and got the house cleaned. I also assembled and set up a new bookshelf to hold all my books. It's not big enough, so I'm going to have to find room to keep my old, smaller book shelf in the room. Oh well.

Okay, off to work again. I hope everyone to come has a great day!!
Old 08-17-2009, 11:03 AM   #8  
Macros!!

S/C/G: 156/133/130

Height: 5'0"

Hey everyone!

Not much going on here. Getting the girls ready for school to start next week, and getting my youngest's hair cut today. She's SO excited.
Old 08-17-2009, 12:07 PM   #9  
Working on healthy

Height: 5'5.5

Sneaking in to say hello I can't do personals today but had to see how everyone was doing. I love my Mom's new computer but the same old slow internet.

Have a good day Chicks!
Old 08-17-2009, 03:13 PM   #10  
Vegan.whole.foodie.

S/C/G: hw252 csw220/???/160

Height: 5'7.5 ;)

Long time no see for some of you! I am back on the diet train today after vacation last week. Its my time to shine and eat healthy so I feel better! On my agenda today is catching up my laundry and household chores, making some gluten free vegan burgers to freeze(it will be my first attempt at these!), and making fresh salsa before my tomatoes go bad! Ive been gone a week and dh had them coming out of his ears when I got home!

I look forward to catching up with everyone- I know I have been away for too long, I have not been doing southbeach accurately, since I have been self diagnosed with a gluten problem, and possibly a dairy one too...lol but I plan to eat healthy and do my own version of SBD gluten free vegan style, mainly the same principles whole+healthy=happy!
Old 08-17-2009, 03:19 PM   #11  

Height: 5' 7"

Hello everyone,

I came in early this morning trying to post and work just got crazy. No time for personals but I am trying to atleast post once a day. Today is day 14 of Phase 1, doing good other than have a scratchy throat, think I am trying to catch a cold or something.

Going to get my "new" car tonight, so have to run home to pick up DH in IL, run by the bank and then to dealership- had to find the car in St. Louis so have to run back to MO to get it. I hate the paperwork involved lol.

Have a good evening everyone.
Old 08-17-2009, 05:59 PM   #12  
KO
In Pursuit of Divatude!

as a true testament to a manic monday I went to the grocery during lunch with my fly down!
on that note bustin up this joint Bring on a terrific tuesday!
Old 08-17-2009, 06:11 PM   #13  

Hello everyone!

Just popping in to say hey to all of you. Looks like everyone has been pretty busy.

Nothing much going on here. Just the usual. I have one extra teenager in my house today that never went home last night. She's a sweetie so I guess I'll keep her.

I need to work on my menu for the rest of the week. There's still plenty in the freezer plus I got a few more things when I went shopping with my Mom over the weekend.

Enjoy the rest of your day all.

Last edited by SunshineCA; 08-18-2009 at 01:20 AM.
Old 08-17-2009, 06:25 PM   #14  
GlenwoodHotSprings

Hi Everyone

Back home for the day-unless I decide to go to the Archeology picnic tonight...and considering I'm trying a simple baking project maybe thats where I'm going I just don't know it yet. Funny how those things work out.

Sunshine, You have the recipe for success-plan ahead and stick with it.

Kierie, it was supposed to be Magic not Manic Monday

Chelby, I may have a simple recipe for you.

Pearlrose, dontcha love those tax deals-I wish I could do that here. Exciting on your new car.

Kim, welcome home. Your last night sounds like the one that makes you happy to be back at work.

Rikki Angie Cyndi

Ok, I guess I'd better finish baking so I can picnic. Might as well, one day I'll wake up and it will be winter. I was in Penneys today and they're selling winter coats.

See you all tomorrow.
Old 08-17-2009, 09:43 PM   #15  

Debbie, I would love to have a simple recipe!
Closed Thread