Old 08-15-2009, 01:01 PM   #1  
One with the Wind and Sky

S/C/G: 360/246/150

Height: 5' 8"

Unhappy I'm so exasperated!

For several reasons I really feel I have no room to complain, but the past couple of weeks have been so hectic and draining.

My boyfriend and I drove out of state a few weekends ago to attend a convention. I was so not used to being on my feet, and about had an anxiety attack before anything had even begun since we had to park over a mile away from the thing and walk there in the heat. There were no real chances to sit down once we were inside, no good food choices to make, and in the back of my mind I knew we'd have to walk all the way back to the car in that blasted heat. Ugh! I still had a good time, but was exhausted for a few days with very sore feet and ankles as I tried to get back on track with my eating plan.

I think I've done relatively good with that actually. I had a few slip-ups, but feel I've been eating so much better overall than I used to. My food choices are much better overall and I haven't binged in ages.

Then I got called into babysitting for a few weeks. Which means spending ten hours a day in someone else's house that is over an hour away from home, full of unhealthy "kid-friendly" snacks and nothing to do but be on the computer, watch TV, and play video games (although on most days I've managed to get the kids out for a walk in the early mornings, before the desert heat gets too bad).

I've been really good about bringing my own food and not touching the existing junk, but there were a handful of times I woke up too late to fix my lunch for the day (now granted, I could have taken care of that the night before, but felt too tired) and we ended up ordering pizza. I honestly wasn't happy about that . . . it's just been really difficult for me to adjust being gone for 12 hours a day, and once I'm there it really, really drags on. They keep the temperature in the 80's inside, and the kids have no "real" toys nor do they even seem interested in them. I did get us playing Twister but they got bored less than five minutes into it.

So I went from losing about 7 pounds in one week to staying at the same weight for about a week and a half. I've been dying to just drop one pound so I'll have a change to record for the jingle challenge.

Part of me wants to give up, but I won't. I'm continuing with all my veggies and fruit. I'm still not drinking any soda nor have I been having any ice cream, candy, chips, etc. But I'm frustrated and need to vent; I just want to get this weight off! I still have a week left of babysitting, and I'm hoping I can adapt a little better this week and look into the Y membership I've been wanting once I have the free time again (I used to be a swimmer and would love to get back into laps).

And I feel I have no room to complain because at least I haven't gained anything! And while I still have quite a ways to go, I've lost a lot of weight these past few years and none of it has crept back up on me. I'm thankful for that. I guess I just can't wait for things to go back to "normal."
Elladorine is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-15-2009, 01:25 PM   #2  
Eyes on the Prize

S/C/G: 350/ticker/160

Height: 5'7"

It is SO hard to keep things going away from home - and for 12 hours a day! I admire you for maintaining - it really is a victory.

Maybe you could think of it this way - maintaining right now is actually very good for your metabolism. When you are home again during the day and staying OP.. I am betting you will be losing better than you were before.
HotWings is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-15-2009, 04:13 PM   #3  
Soul Cyster

S/C/G: 235/seeticker/135

Height: 5'3"

At least you haven't gained!
beerab is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-15-2009, 04:23 PM   #4  
Never surrender

S/C/G: 251 current/237 minigoal/180

Height: 5' 9"

Quote:
Originally Posted by Sirenity View Post
Part of me wants to give up, but I won't. I'm continuing with all my veggies and fruit. I'm still not drinking any soda nor have I been having any ice cream, candy, chips, etc. But I'm frustrated and need to vent; I just want to get this weight off! I still have a week left of babysitting, and I'm hoping I can adapt a little better this week and look into the Y membership I've been wanting once I have the free time again (I used to be a swimmer and would love to get back into laps).

And I feel I have no room to complain because at least I haven't gained anything! And while I still have quite a ways to go, I've lost a lot of weight these past few years and none of it has crept back up on me. I'm thankful for that. I guess I just can't wait for things to go back to "normal."
yes, it's much easier to stick to an eating exercise plan when life fits more into a routine. My SIL just came to visit (had to skip a gym day) and next week is a planned vacation.

you're taking steps and making progress, and have plans for the Y (I love the Y, btw, was so glad I started going there).

hang in there!
dragonwoman64 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-15-2009, 08:26 PM   #5  
Resident Pixie

S/C/G: Pant Size - 28/12/8

Height: 5'2"

Quote:
Originally Posted by HotWings View Post
It is SO hard to keep things going away from home - and for 12 hours a day! I admire you for maintaining - it really is a victory.

Maybe you could think of it this way - maintaining right now is actually very good for your metabolism. When you are home again during the day and staying OP.. I am betting you will be losing better than you were before.
I agree 100% with this. Hang in there and don't be so hard on yourself
Onederchic is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-16-2009, 04:05 PM   #6  
One with the Wind and Sky

S/C/G: 360/246/150

Height: 5' 8"

Thanks everyone! I'm feeling a bit better now. And good timing, I finally dropped that pound I'd been hoping for this morning! And having the weekend off has been a big help as well. Getting to relax at home, run off for errands when I want, and no kids to worry about . . . what a difference a break makes! Only one more week of this to go.

I've been doing my best to concentrate on how much better I've been feeling now that I've been focusing on eating lots of fruits & veggies and have been avoiding simple carbs. I wouldn't say I have a lot of energy yet, but it's certainly much more than I had a few months back when I barely had enough energy to sit in front of the computer. I actually find myself getting up looking for things to do or work on!

I've been wanting that Y membership for quite a while now, but we're down to one car and the BF's working hours never suited it. They changed a few weeks ago though, leaving the car free for me to use in the early mornings. Once I'm done babysitting I'm gonna head over and see what kind of pool schedule they have. I actually used to work for a Y a few years ago but should have taken better advantage of the free membership at the time (I took better advantage when I actually had to pay for it . . . I wonder if that was just a mind-set thing on my part).
Elladorine is offline   Reply With Quote