Closed Thread

Old 07-09-2002, 11:49 AM   #1  

S/C/G: 308/238/164

Height: 5'5.5"

Default Had a hard night, last night (long)

Was in tears. Don't know what happened, but I completely lost it. My kids were getting on my nerves so bad. My husband works swing shift and I work days, so as soon as I get home he leaves for work. I pay my youngest sister to come over and help me out, but last night I just wanted to get in my car and drive away, as far as I could go.

My youngest (Kaleigha) just turned 4 months old yesterday, and she's teething. We also switched her formula so she's been constipated and gassy. Let me tell you, this is not fun!

Lucas, is almost 16 months and boy does he have a temper! He balls up is little fists, gets ridgit and just starts grunting (It really is a funny sight to see). Well, he's into throwing things and getting into anything he can find. Last night he threw a toy train and hit me in the eye. He also threw some rackets and hit Kaleigha, who in turn screamed her head off. Last night was the first time I was going to feed her baby cereal, and Lucas spilled it all over the kitchen floor. He dumped a glass of water (that my sister left on the floor) all over the carpet and then proceeded to walk around with his capri sun juice upside down, so my dining room floor is all sticky. He also dumped a half a can of soda in the recliner.

Cheyenne my 3 year old, is a now stop chatter box. She too gets into everything possible. Everytime I try to do something, she's right there in the mix. I was yelling at my kids last night, like I was a mad woman! . I don't like doing that or feeling that way.

Also, my mom asked me to pick up some ice for her when I went to go get Cheyenne from pre-school, which is NOT on my way, and my husband calls and asks me to drop off his work badge, that he left on the TV in the bedroom. I can't find my cell phone, that my son no doubtly took. I dropped half our dinner on the kitchen floor and finally I just completely lost it. I was in tears. When I dropped off my husband's badge he told me that one of the supervisors was demoted to a lead, which is NOT a good thing, as they have been laying people off and will continue to do so. We are both scared that he could be next. It appears that the head boss, is getting rid of the people that he doesn't like (for example, he laid off a guy that has been with the company for over 20 year! YIKES) and needless to say, my husband is also on that list. SO you can imagine what I was thinking when he walked thru the door at 8:30pm, instead of 11:30pm. The first words out of my mouth were "did you get laid off?" Thankfully he did not. Once I realized that, I gave a huge sigh and then thanked my lucky stars that he was home. I had thought about calling him and asking him to come home early, because I was feeling so over whelmed. But after the long holiday, thought it best not to.

We talked for awhile, and then I happily went to bed. I was so drained that as soon as my head the pillow I was out. Thank goodness.

I am happy to say, that today is a new day, and I will be a stronger person.

Thanks for reading about my hard night. I would have posted last night, but there was no way my kids would have allowed that.

P.S. we found my cell phone. I had called it a few times, hoping to hear it ring, but didn't. When my husband came home he called it too. He was going in our room to see if he could hear it. I was heading for the bathroom when I heard it! Glory Be . I heard it coming from Cheyenne's room! It was buried under clothes and toys. I'm just glad we found it.
Old 07-09-2002, 11:59 AM   #2  

Wow. Girlie, you need some "ME" time. You have your hands full, that's for sure. I give you alot of credit and applause. It's okay to lose it sometimes. I think it's needed. I do understand how you don't want to act like a mad woman though. It's tough. Just remind yourself that these years won't last forever. Just imagine them all as teens. lol I am happy your feeling better today and you made it through the rough night. I'll be keeping my fingers crossed for your hubby. Hopefully he will survive the lay offs. We just had about 8,000 ppl laid off due to a company reorganization. HAHA Love how they put it. I survived, thankfully. Who knows about the next round though. Guess we can just hope for the best. Keep your chin up, take a deep breathe and smile. You are doing as best as you can. And if you get a little crazy at times, it's okay.

*HUGS*

Old 07-09-2002, 03:41 PM   #3  

Thumbs up Jennifer you had to to do it

You had to mention the teenage years! (LOL) YIKES, I am so NOT looking forward to that, but on a happier note, they will all be leaving the house around the same time! YIPPEE

I love my kids, but sometimes mama needs a break!

I happy to hear that your still employed and will also keep my fingers crossed for you.

Thanks for your support!
Old 07-09-2002, 08:31 PM   #4  
Jen

Height: 5'3"

Dyan, here I thought have one 10 month old baby was difficult!! I sort of know how you feel in some small way. There are many times when I am so frustrated with the baby and my dh that I want to scream. I've burst into tears many times for no particular reason other than as an emotional relief.

I know I go crazy somedays because I haven't had a moment to myself since Drake was born. I have only left him 2 times in 10 months and the occassional time with the dh while I ran out to the store. It is very tough when you have that other person, even if it is a baby, always there and usually always demanding something. I've had that 'drive off into the night' feeling usually when I've left the house for a few minutes with the dh watching the baby. I kind of think, maybe I should just keep going and not come back. Don't feel bad about it, I'll bet every mom and dad thinks the same thing.

I hope your hubby is able to avoid the layoffs. Take care of yourself.
Old 07-09-2002, 10:52 PM   #5  
gbo

You poor thing! Day's like that are enough to make you sign in to a rest home for awhile! You really do need some time away from being Mommy, every Mom does if sanity is to be kept take some time when you can and go shopping with a friend have lunch and spend some time away once in a while it really does make a big difference. Make you a happier Mom, wife and most of all a happier you inside so everyone benefits. My Hubby lost a job a year for about 6-7 years and finally is settled so I know that fear but we always managed so hang in there. Deep breaths... every door that closes opens other doors so don't let it give you to hard a time. Easy to say I know. It is so hard when it happens , IF it happens but as Mumsy always said ..."don't borrow trouble " if it happens you will find the way through it. I know that better than anyone. God Bless and Good luck!
Pam
Old 07-10-2002, 12:24 AM   #6  

Pam & Jen,

Thanks for the kind words . I have gone over the finances and we can scrape by with me paying both car notes, the rent, pre-school, insurance, you the jist. The only thing I can not do is pay his child's support ($400 a month for 1 child! But don't get me started on THAT can of worms). We could buy food, diapers, formula, etc.... on his unemployment. If it happens, I'm crossing my fingers that it doesn't happen until September. I made a budget and if things go as planned, then we'll have all our credit cards paid off by the end of August. Man is that gonna be great (I'm cheesing just thinking about it).

You know, I can't complain. DH watched the kids all day Saturday while I went shopping and out to lunch w/ my mom, both my sisters and a friend visiting from Texas. He even watched the kids that night so that I could go out "bar hopping" w/ my friend and sister. i just don't know what happened. I'm thinking that part of it had to do with the fact that I was starving when I got home. I couldn't see straight. With me being out of work for a week, I got out of my routine and didn't take anything to eat. I didn't have any cash and they took the freakin ATM machine out! Come mid day all I could think about was food. Luckily I was able to get my act together today. I also noticed that Lucas has some more teeth coming in and he's drooling like a mad man
Old 07-10-2002, 12:24 PM   #7  

S/C/G: 325 / see ticker / 150

Height: 5'4"

Dyan....Hugs to you for your bad night....

We all have them now and then. I have had days where I just want to scream and run(without the kids). There are days when they are little angels and then the next day they can be total little hellians. I swear I should have stocks in Tylenol..LOL

But you know what...we still get through those really bad days and go on to other good and bad days. And we all love our little kiddies even if they do sometimes get on our nerves.

Here's to looking to better days for you.
Old 07-10-2002, 04:01 PM   #8  

Dyan:

Wow!! What a day!! I used to have days like that, thinking I was the mom of 3, when actually I had a husband and two teens!!

I think anyone would have had their patience tried on a day like yours. When you have little ones, you can't just take a walk, so I used to hide in the bathroom for a couple minutes and take a deep breath.

I hope today is better for you. Just know that we are here to listen.

annie
Old 07-11-2002, 10:54 AM   #9  

Talking Thanks for the support ladies

Feeling good, feeling strong
Closed Thread