Old 08-13-2009, 11:03 AM   #1  
Less than 15 now!!

S/C/G: 220/*ticker*/145

Height: 5' 4"

Default 30 Somethings Daily Chat: Thursday 8/13

Morning!

I'm cranky this morning (back still killing me, DC kid that nothing will satisfy ie constant crying, older kids being disobedient, no loss on the scale, etc.) But trying to stay positive!

Think I just need a big HUG

My official weigh in and measurement taking isn't until the 15th - but I just had to sneak a peak, didn't I!? I am feeling smaller, and am wearing clothing that were previously to snug - so I'm trying not to go by the scale too much.

I need to get back in to the doctor for my back. I am taking handfuls of Ibuprofen just to get through the day and have a horrible nerve thing that shoots down my right leg. I was at the doc a week ago and got an adjustment, a pat on the head and a "see you in 3 weeks - might try some ice on it". Maybe I'm not fully conveying the intensity of my discomfort...

I have some wonderful fresh tomatoes and zucchini that I am going to make a nice pasta sauce with today. It will be nice to have something fresh other than that out of a can. I'll probably end up with cereal or a baked potato for lunch - feeding the kids pasta. Most likely won't get any exercise in I'm just running out of hours in the day lately and NOT willing to get up at 5:30 quite yet. The baby still eats around 4am, so...

Anyway have a wonderful day.
mortonpixie is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-13-2009, 11:31 AM   #2  
LBH

S/C/G: 279.8/276.9/170

Height: 5'10"

Hi All,

Roo, Welcome back buddy!

Been busy at work...
LBH is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-13-2009, 11:36 AM   #3  

S/C/G: 181/150/135

Mortonpixie - You are doing so awesome. Your post made me tired just thinking about all of the "stuff" you do in a day! I hope your back feels better soon. I've never had back issues, but some of my friends have and it seems awful. If your back is out, it affects your whole body and EVERYTHING you do. I am thinking of you...

I am going to run at the gym today and then I have book club tonight. The woman who is hosting book club does ww so I am sure she will have healthy choices for snacks. I might have a drink though. I haven't touched alcohol all summer and I kind of miss sitting outside sipping a yummy drink.

I go back to work in 3 days. I haven't prepared anything yet and I am going to put it off until the last moment so I don't have to think about it on my last days of vacation. I wish I didn't have to work. Don't we all?

I haven't eaten anything yet because I just don't feel like preparing it. I am out of protein shakes which is my usual breakfast. Bummer.
rileyozzy is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-13-2009, 12:54 PM   #4  
One step at a time...

S/C/G: 255/211/160

Height: 5'6"

mortonpixie -- here you go!

rileyozzie -- hop to and eat something, child! Before you get too

Today has been good so far! I shredded and went on my 2.25 mile walk with the puppies. Then I ran up about 1,000 flights of stupid stairs so that I wouldn't be late for a meeting that ended up starting 15 minutes late anyway. Argh! And I was in such a rush that I couldn't grab the second half of my lunch so I've only had a Fiber One bar today and I've just burned the majority of the calories I'm going to burn all day...

I have a nice lunch packed, I'm going to go for a quick ride after work, and then go home and make some frozen tilapia fillets into something delicious. I'm going to serve them with steamed rice made in the rice cooker. Is there anything you guys can think of that I can add to the rice to dress it up a little bit? We'll have steamed broccoli on the side.

My body likes to torture me. I've been higher than my official weight every morning since last Friday when I weighed in. And now this morning I'm down about a pound under last Friday's weight. I'm hoping (as always) that it will stick until tomorrow morning's weigh in. How does my body know that it's Thursday and that it better show some results before tomorrow morning? It was fun to see that I sweat out about 2 pounds of water this morning. The body is such a crazy/amazing machine, isn't it?

I hope everyone has a GREAT day!
Rebound is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-13-2009, 02:44 PM   #5  

Popping in to say hi.
SunshineCA is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-13-2009, 03:58 PM   #6  

S/C/G: 181/150/135

Rebound - Sometimes I add a little fat free Italian dressing spice to rice. It dresses it up a bit.
rileyozzy is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-13-2009, 04:11 PM   #7  
One step at a time...

S/C/G: 255/211/160

Height: 5'6"

Quote:
Originally Posted by rileyozzy View Post
Rebound - Sometimes I add a little fat free Italian dressing spice to rice. It dresses it up a bit.
That sounds yummy! Then I'd know which direction to go with the tilapia, too -- I could head Italian for the seasonings on that, too.
Rebound is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-13-2009, 06:20 PM   #8  
Rooster

S/C/G: 237/233/180

Height: 5'11"

Too pooped to write anything tonight.

to everyone.

Lawrence
Rooster.

Last edited by RXZephyr; 08-13-2009 at 06:21 PM.
RXZephyr is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-13-2009, 07:00 PM   #9  

S/C/G: 385/339/140

Height: 5ft 7

I have a question where did you get your weigh loss counters at the bottom of your posts, they are darling. Anyway hello and have a great day, take one day at a time and be proud of your goals even the smallest ones add up towards the big one
TracyB73 is offline   Reply With Quote