South Beach Diet Fat Chicks on the Beach!

Closed Thread

Old 08-13-2009, 05:03 AM   #1  
Come on Spring!

S/C/G: 232/170/150

Height: 5'0" on a tall day

Default Thinking Thursday

Good morning! I woke very early and have been doing way too much thinking about what I have to get done so it's time to get with it! Sometimes I spend more time fretting over things than it actually takes to do them.

Today the plumber and furnace guy will be here and the electrician has a bit more to do. The siding arrived late yesterday afternoon and looks good. I didn't realize how stressful this project would be - not that I'm doing the work. I guess it's just the constant noise and having people in and out so much. I guess I am part hermit.

On with the day. Breakfast calls and so do the lovely Southern Ontario peaches.
Old 08-13-2009, 05:13 AM   #2  
-

S/C/G: Size 16 to 18/Size 6/I'm there

Height: 5"3" Age: 55

Morning Ruth!
How long is the projected time for the project? Just think of how nice it will be when finished!

I decided to skip the gym this morning. Have to be at school very early in order to get a parking spot. The first day of school is often the ONLY time we see parents all year and the place will be swarming. So I decided just to "relax" before school today and take my time getting ready. My classroom is all ready. Ended up with 24 kids and may get one more today. They are thinking about hiring another teacher since we have so many kids this year. Hope they do!

We had a meeting at school yesterday morning. I'm really exited about this. The school got a federal grant to institute a nutrition program that ties in with language arts and the cafeteria. For instance, if we are talking about fruit, the children will learn about different fruits, do writing projects that involve the fruit and the cafeteria will bring samples of new fruits that the kids may not have tried before to the class. Also, no sugar, white rice etc will be served in the cafeteria. No candy sales!! The kids I teach are VERY low income kids for the most part and many of them live on a diet of cheap sugary drinks (you know, that crud that you can buy by the gallon. Water, corn syrup and food coloring?) chips and fast foods. I truly believe that behavior and grades would not be an issue if their diets would be changed at home and this is a great first step. But the funny thing is that right before the meeting, we had a "treat" in the teacher's lounge...hot glazed donuts. uh, ok...

Have a great day everyone!

Last edited by femmecreole; 08-13-2009 at 06:23 AM.
Old 08-13-2009, 06:20 AM   #3  
Working on healthy

Height: 5'5.5

Good morning This is it, the dreaded last day before vacation. I'm pretty sure it's the single longest day of the year Might not be so bad with the boss out and a visit scheduled for the morning.

Ruth - Good luck with the day. I hate waking up with the To DO list running through my head. Those peaches sound yummy. I just had a few local peaches this week. They are small but very sweet.

Cat - Have a wonderful first day with the kiddos!

Kim - Enjoy your camping trip We usually get out more than we have this year. Are you tent campers?

Barb - ugh, we did braces years ago for DD. I couldn't believe they gave us a payment book, much like the one we had for our car!

Chelby - I figure if the boss is on facebook during the day then I can check in. I usually try to use my iPod for Facebook though rather than the office computer. Don't know why because I check this site from my work computer Good luck with the clothes. I taught DD to shop thrift stores early on because she had a taste for labels and out grew a lot of clothes. Don't know where she gets the label thing from

Welcome carcar!

I am so looking forward to this time away from the office. Things there are tense and the boss has her own drama going on that bleeds into the office. I'm not a fan of drama. I'm sure it will help my perspective to be away for a couple of weeks (well, almost away. I have one meeting I agreed to attend Thursday but don't need to go near the office for it). I do love the work I do but the office tension and the general state craziness make it difficult.

Of course, being me, my time off is packed full of too many things to do. Spending so much time at my folks this year has really stressed my summer and this vacation will not be an exception. Thing is I won't get there again until October so really need to visit. It's such a long drive I try to spend a couple of days when I go but may need to cut that back a little if I go this often.

Time to get this day moving. It's CSA day so I have fresh veggies to look forward to this afternoon
Old 08-13-2009, 06:28 AM   #4  

S/C/G: 186/147/135

Height: 5'1"

Good morning, everyone! You two are up especially early today. I've been staying in bed a little longer since it's still dark. It's drizzling, which makes for a sleepy morning.

Ruth, I'm picturing your addition, and I'm amazed at the progress. It sounds like it won't be too much longer before you'll have your house back to yourself again, and can enjoy your brand new room. I hope you are taking your own advice to stay calm in a sea of chaos.

Cat, It sounds like the school year has begun for you. It must be exciting, getting aquainted with all your new students and setting up the classroom. I hope you have a great year with them, and good luck getting a good parking place!

We've been running everyday, so I think today we'll just hang out at home and see what we can find to keep ourselves occupied. Probably baking will be involved, along with some crafting. We'll just see what the day brings.

Right now I'd better go have a look in the freezer and get tonight's supper started.

There you are, Cyndi! I hope your workday goes by quickly so you can get on with your vacation! It sounds like it's going to be a busy one, but I hope it's relaxing and fun as well.

Have a great Thursday full of good thoughts!

Last edited by cottagebythesea; 08-13-2009 at 06:32 AM.
Old 08-13-2009, 06:33 AM   #5  
GlenwoodHotSprings

S/C/G: 275/179/179

Height: 5'5"

Mornin' Ruth and Cat and all yet to visit

Ruth, thank goodness you don't have to do the work Could your plumber stop by my house later? Mmm, Ontario Peaches sound one step from heaven.

Cat, we have one of those nutrition programs here. The kids are learning, but as usual the adults don't get the message. Donuts? Yuck! Have a great day.

Cyndi, I hope your day goes by quickly. I had a question for you, but its slipping my mind right now.

Cottage, can I come over today? Baking and crafts sounds like the perfect day. Hope your drizzle lets up.

Me, I've been sitting for hours waiting for the day to break. I've got to make a rt over the hill today. First, I'll go to the pool. A friend is going with me and may drive one way. We've got to help Mom a bit and stop by the house. We'll stop at Costco on the way home. We're fortunate to have one so near.

I look forward to hearing what's going one with everyone. I'm hoping I can get some rest when I return. Dogs are going to stay home today. Easier on everyone.

Have a great day everyone. I'll check in later.
Old 08-13-2009, 07:27 AM   #6  
KO
In Pursuit of Divatude!

I knew I wouldn't be the first one here!
Good Morning Ladies I just got up and Moved my Arse to some DVDs in my computer. . .new technique so I don't have the excuse of having to go alll the way downstairs!
I have a newsletter due in a month and right now I don'it know my arse from my elbow in re to the software and other things are coming up grrrrr anyway I got my me time in and 3fc time!
Debbie your day sounds busy but great!
Cat I always loved the first day of school. . .what a great nutrition program! too bad the adults definition of "good stuff" is not so good!
Cottage: I want to come to your house with Debbie! This is the perfect day for Baking and crafting.
Cyn Yay day before Vacay just take the stressful parts and breathe through you'll do great!! We have 2 great thrift stores in my area 1 super cheap 1 not so much. Regrettably the supercheap oen Not Kierie friendly Take it easy today and avoid the drama!!
Ruth Those Peaches sound divine I'll raise my water to you having peace and quiet and a new Addition soon!
Gotta Hit the showers can't be at work aromatic! Tho it might keep the scary peeps away? hmmmm
Hopefully bbl girls!
Kierie
Old 08-13-2009, 07:32 AM   #7  

S/C/G: Too much/Less/Just Right!

Height: 5'4"

Happy Thursday!

Ruth, It sounds like your construction is moving along quickly. Siding has to be one of the last things?

Cat, No white rice in Louisiana??? I remember eating red beans and rice at school, many moons ago. Yum!

Cyndi, Enjoy your last day of anticipating your vacation.

Cottage, I love baked goods. It's probably a good thing I can't bake to save my life!

Debbie, I noticed your ticker. Looking good, Girl!

Me: It's the first day of school. I cried like a fool yesterday, so hopefully that's out of my system. Auston was so excited last night that he had trouble going to sleep. I hope I have it all together!

Better hit the shower. Hope your day is great!
Old 08-13-2009, 08:08 AM   #8  

S/C/G: 261/252/145

Good morning chicks, is it okay if I don't feel chatty today? Just wanted to say hello. I am super-PMSey and tired. It's taking most of my energy to get my coffee to my lips. Good thing there's not a lot going on today - work should be quiet and I've got a dental appt, but that's it. It's nice out too, so maybe a walk will help with my pep, or a dunk in the pool. Have a good one everybody. BBL
Old 08-13-2009, 09:15 AM   #9  
sophie

Hi Chickies,

No time for personals really. I have been ticking things off my to do list.
Saturday very early morning we leave for Calgary and I am so 'EXCITED'. Its a three and a half day drive, about 10 hrs each day.
I doubt whether I will be checking in, the grandson sleeps, I sleep.
Cyndi - I know your wedding day is sometimes in September, hope the weather cooperates and all the best to you and DP. Celebrate like there's no tomorrow.
See you in September (late Sept. and hopefully a lot less of everyone).
take care
Sophie
Old 08-13-2009, 09:27 AM   #10  

Schmoodle, PMS is no fun!

Sophie, Have too much fun! We'll miss you!

Well, the crying wasn't out of my system. Sheesh! Auston went in his class like a big boy. I hope he has lots of fun today.

Last edited by Chelby29; 08-13-2009 at 09:28 AM.
Old 08-13-2009, 10:18 AM   #11  

I think I am just feeding Brian and I today so I'm hoping for a healthy dinner. I ordered pizza last night since I had 4 extra kids. Last ones left before 10PM though but the first ones had shown up at 10AM so it made for a long noisy day. One has a dr appt today and Brian has one tomorrow so I think I won't have any extra kids until tomorrow night. I did actually get to play the guitar on Rock Band for awhile yesterday and had a lot of fun. Then we had more kids than instruments so I got kicked out again.

Tonight is Cub Scout Roundtable/district program preview. I have all my printouts ready but still need to finish a few signs and also pull a bunch of paperwork. I'm sure Brian won't be thrilled to have to put his uniform on tonight but he helps in the day care and he and Tatyana split everything we collect so he can make a little money helping.

chelby - Brian has always enjoyed school. It sounds like Auston will be the same way.
Old 08-13-2009, 12:30 PM   #12  

Good morning everyone!

It feels so good to be home again. Even with all the extras that fell in to my lap this week, there's no place like home.

I just finished my breakfast, 2 vegetable quiche cups to go and a slice of turkey bacon. I'm relaxing while I can and sipping on a large cup of coffee. I didn't get a chance to log-on yesterday so I get to play catch up for a while.

My Mom is still iin the hospital but is doing well. The docs aren't sure when she'll be able to go home but I hope it's soon.

May you all have a beautiful day!
Old 08-13-2009, 12:53 PM   #13  

Quote:
Originally Posted by CyndiM View Post
Sunshine - Way to go with the shred! I tried it once and was horrified to discover I was not in the shape I thought I was. That's a killer workout but I bet it's effective.
Thanks! It truly will open your eyes to just how out-of-shape one is! Day 3 down and I'm starting to feel I can keep up much better. I was feeling a little under the weather last night but forced myself to pop in the DVD anyway. After a few minutes into it, I felt much better. It's definitely a good way to get your body moving.
Old 08-13-2009, 04:31 PM   #14  

Auston is home from his first day of Kindergarten. He said, "We went to the gym. They call it PE!!!"
Old 08-13-2009, 04:49 PM   #15  

Height: 5' 7"

Hello everyone sorry I have MIA again, but work has been very busy and life is hectic.

The good news is I am on day 9 of clean Phase 1, all my cravings are gone, the weight (however much since I wouldn't weigh in) is gone and I am still going good.

The bad news is I lost my car pool buddy for work- she didn't lose her job- she moved to weekends only. My DD1 got her license and we were going to share the car until December and I was going to get one then, so that has been moved up and now I am desparately searching the websites for a good late model used car with low mileage- few and far in between. I already got preapproved for the loan just have to find a car. I fell in love with pt cruiser we drove in CA but the gas mileage stinks 24 to 26 miles for hwy. I drive 35 miles one way to work.

Okay enough about me seems like everyone is rushing around doing last minutes summer activities except for Chelby and Cat with school starting. Tomorrow is my guys first day of school. DD2 will be in 1st grade, I am working from home so I can walk her to school. DD1 is a junior and DS is a senior this year, where does the time fly.

Have a great evening everyone and I will try to get in here more often
Closed Thread