Old 08-10-2009, 04:54 PM   #1  

S/C/G: 288/278.8/150

Height: 5 ft.5 in.

Default The best calorie count book...

I can buy?

I bought a little one and a larger one but curious which book is the most comprehensive book you all know of and refer to? I have a CalorieKing book which is the little one which has quite a few restaurant options but by no means is complete.
NurseChef is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-10-2009, 05:00 PM   #2  

I use calorie king also.I am anxious to hear of any others.
harrismm is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-10-2009, 05:33 PM   #3  
Getting healthy again!!

S/C/G: 204/199/140

Height: 5'2.5"

No books are going to be complete. Menu's change, and there's only so much they can put in a book before its too big to carry around. I use the CalorieKing book because its easy to read, mine is small enough to carry in my purse, and it has the most popular menu items, and healthier items on the menus of most restaurants in my area.
Cebsme is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-10-2009, 07:10 PM   #4  
ConnieLynn

S/C/G: 316/304/158

Height: 5'4"

I don't use a book, but use CalorieKing online since I can access it from home and work, which covers where I am most the time. As far as restaurants go, I've been to the web sites of the ones that I go to most often and picked out a handful of the better choices and make note of them in a little notebook that I carry in my purse. I find that more helpful (and easier to carry) than a book.
DownSizex100 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-11-2009, 09:54 PM   #5  
Rif

S/C/G: 340/148/145

Height: 5'9"

I use the Calorie King book and website. I also have a running list in my food journal of calories per oz. of foods I eat often.
Rif is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-16-2009, 07:17 PM   #6  

S/C/G: 170/169/130

Height: 5'5

Quote:
Originally Posted by DownSizex100 View Post
I don't use a book, but use CalorieKing online since I can access it from home and work, which covers where I am most the time. As far as restaurants go, I've been to the web sites of the ones that I go to most often and picked out a handful of the better choices and make note of them in a little notebook that I carry in my purse. I find that more helpful (and easier to carry) than a book.
That's a really good idea! What I've been doing is going on-line and picking my meals ahead of time- kinda stressful, especially when going out to eat is a spontaneous affair...
butterflyangels is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-16-2009, 07:30 PM   #7  

S/C/G: 204/114/120

Height: 5'

I use Calorie King Book and it has many restaurants, fast food restaurants and ethnic foods as well. Maybe you have an older version, a new one comes out each year. My most recent one is 2008 and it has over 200 fast food chains and restaurants.
bargoo is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-16-2009, 08:32 PM   #8  
I'm on a Low Crap Diet

S/C/G: 272/228/under 200 for now

Height: 5'0"

I use the little calorie king book. If I'm off somewhere and the calorie king book doesn't have anything listed in it for a place I just don't eat there or I just stick to what the book has in it and don't stray away from it.
hpnodat is offline   Reply With Quote