Old 08-10-2009, 03:03 PM   #1  
Trying so hard....

S/C/G: 298/298/145

Height: 5'7"

Unhappy Im discouraged and sad..went shopping for pants

Well one plus from getting a new pair of pants: I got to get a 22/24 instead of a 30/32.

But...seeing myself in that mirror, the hanging skin on my thighs, my still enourmous stomache......and knowing there are soooo many pounds to have to lose to get to a smaller size. Its just makes me so furious and sad.

Ive lost 88 lbs and am still a disgusting fat cow. Ive worked so very hard..just to get a slap in the face that basicly says, "youve got a million miles to go before you look normal".

I just dont know if I can stay committed long enough to get this weight off of me. I need encouragement cause that trip to the store just devastated me.
MugCanDoIt is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-10-2009, 03:18 PM   #2  
Eyes on the Prize

S/C/G: 350/ticker/160

Mug

Did you know, that we carry on a mental conversation with ourselves all day long - with tens of thousands of thoughts - 98% of them negative? If we focus on those negative thoughts, we do what is in line with those negative thoughts. If we consistently and consciously acknowledge those thoughts when we have them, and replace them with something positive.. then we focus on what is positive and we stay motivated and committed, rather than beat down.

It's okay to have the thoughts you are having.. BUT.. replace it with the positive and focus on the positive -

"I have lost 88 lbs of fat that I will never have to see again!"
"I've gone down 3 sizes and my clothes feel SO much better"
"I'm doing this - I'm really doing it - I am so much stronger and smaller than before"

In short, just don't dwell on your experience. I know it might sound simple and even a little silly.. but you have A LOT of bright sides. Use the experience as fuel .. but don't dwell on it. I am a firm believer in affirmations - positive things about your journey written on notecards. Whenever these feelings creep up or you have a less than stellar weight experience like the one you just had - pull 'em out and read them over a few times - even daily.

We have to accept our bodies as they are - and accept the changes that are happening in positive ways. And, we are all uniquely different in our sizes and shapes - just focus on being the best YOU.

HotWings is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-10-2009, 03:18 PM   #3  

S/C/G: 290/280/150

Height: 5' 7"

Don't be so hard on yourself. You have come a long way. You're doing it!!
Please don't let this set you back.

Just looking at your stats is motivation for me. Don't give up. You should be doing a happy dance for what you have accomplished.

Come on I'll do it with you

Please keep up the AWESOME work you are doing
jrsygrl is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-10-2009, 03:24 PM   #4  
Jiggle, BE GONE WITH YOU!

S/C/G: 256/185/170

Height: 5'6

You have lost 88lbs! That is NOTHING to scoff at!!!!

Don't be so hard on yourself and KNOW that I'm out here, looking to you to inspire! 88 lbs!!!!!!!
88!!!!!
dietcokehead98 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-10-2009, 03:25 PM   #5  

S/C/G: 252-255?/ticker/145

Height: 5'6''

Every time I think about how far I have to go and how gross I feel right now, I remember that I can either eat crap and feel like crap forever and look like crap forever, or I can maintain a healthy lifestyle, look like crap for a little bit longer, and then look GREAT once I reach my goal.

When you weight the two options, the second one sounds much better!

You've done so much already, congrats on your progess!
paris81 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-10-2009, 03:27 PM   #6  
Resident Pixie

S/C/G: Pant Size - 28/12/8

Height: 5'2"

I know exactly how you feel. I still hate my body. I hate seeing myself in a mirror. It makes me so discouraged and well, quite frankly, disgusted. But the thing I keep telling myself is I am much healthier and active now. I know it doesn't help the self image any. You have done so well. Don't give up on yourself, ever
Onederchic is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-10-2009, 03:28 PM   #7  
Lindsay

S/C/G: 220/210/150

Height: 5'7

Man, I WISH I could lose as much as you have. And you are a Vegetarian, that takes serious effort.

just use this as motivation. I always do when I think I lose weight, and try on a pair of jeans, and they are still sung. =/
Mickeypnd is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-10-2009, 03:44 PM   #8  
the camera adds 10 lbs

S/C/G: 258/ticker/185

mug, i know EXACTLY how you feel...i feel like i look almost the same as i did 21 lbs ago...at 258 i could look in the mirror and convince myself that i looked ok...now i look at myself more critically, more realistically...the good thing is that im at the point where i can see a little improvement every week...i tried some jeans on...size 36 waste...they fit, but i still didnt look good in them...what youve done so far is an awesome awesome accomplishment...keep connected to 3fc and you will find the encouragement you need to keep going....it may help if you think of how you look compared to how you looked before...youre at the point now where a pound here and a pound there really really makes a difference...i read a quote one time..."i cant lose 100 lbs, but i CAN lose 10 lbs 10 times".. the point is maybe mini goals is the answer...noone says its easy, but its worth it and youre worth it and you can do it...i sound like stuart smalley..."youre good enough and youre smart enough, and doggone it people like you!!!!"
david is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-10-2009, 03:50 PM   #9  
Soul Cyster

S/C/G: 235/seeticker/135

Height: 5'3"

Are you working on muscle exercises as well? Trying to tone up can help improve the look of your skin

Skin usually takes some time to snap back after weight loss- I read somewhere it can take up to a year after rapid weight loss. Also it can't hurt to keep your skin hydrated with some good lotions- I think it's Vitamin E that is very good for your skin

Keep it up- 88 lbs is AMAZING
beerab is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-10-2009, 03:52 PM   #10  

S/C/G: 193/See ticker/148

Height: 5'4"

You have done so well. I am just beginning, but what you have accomplished is amazing. 88 lbs--that is equivalent to 352 sticks of butter. Picture that.

What if you hadn't been on this weight-loss journey? How much would you have put on by now??? Is it possible that you might have gained at least another 30 or 40 pounds over your starting weight? ( I know that in my case, if I'm not losing, I'm gaining) If it weren't for all your efforts, you would probably be shopping now for bigger pants not smaller ones.

(((( hugs ))))
emileigh is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-10-2009, 04:01 PM   #11  
the camera adds 10 lbs

emileigh...coulda lived without that butter comparison...thats gross and yet kinda funny
Old 08-10-2009, 04:03 PM   #12  
the camera adds 10 lbs

but if you rubbed all that butter on yourself you could actually burn calories...ill shut up now!!!
Old 08-10-2009, 04:13 PM   #13  
nirvikalpa samadhi

S/C/G: 369.5/ticker/169.5

Height: 5'8"

Don't you know what a HUGE difference there is between a 24 and a 32? I do!! I've worn both sizes...in the last year!! You are doing GREAT and you just tell your negativity to take a hike!!!

Really, as you continue to lose you will be SHOCKED at how great you look.

The difference between a 32 and a 24 is amazing. The difference between a 24 and a 16 is astounding! You will be there before you know it! My body is SO DIFFERENT now than it was at a 32.

But you know what's the most important thing? I wish I could go back in time and hug myself as a 32, because I was beautiful then too...I just didn't know it. I had to pretend to believe I could succeed before I actually believed I could succeed. Weird, right?

I still have plenty of times I look in the mirror and see a cow...but they are getting fewer and further between. I read on here about women who weigh in the 110s and look in the mirror and see a cow. It's all just perspective.

You are BEAUTIFUL and don't believe anything differently! Give your body time to catch up! My god Mug, you've lost 90 lbs!!! Take credit!!!! You deserve it!!!!!!!!!!!!

Edited to add:

Go tan now. It makes a HUGE difference. It makes you look 1-2 sizes smaller, really. You are awesome; you deserve it!!!

Last edited by DCHound; 08-10-2009 at 04:15 PM.
DCHound is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-10-2009, 04:26 PM   #14  
Shrinkin' Salsa :P

S/C/G: 127/122/72 (kg)

Height: 5'9"

You're OVER half way to your goal weight - now is NOT the time to give up! You're an inspiration to someone like me who's just started out. Keep going - please don't let this blip get you down. You've surely had blips before, and you'll get them again, just as we all do. But please don't give up!
salsa chip is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-10-2009, 04:53 PM   #15  
Trying so hard....

S/C/G: 298/298/145

Thanks everyone...it helps to hear from people who have gone through what you have....and the butter scenerio...how funny! Thats a lot of sticks!
MugCanDoIt is offline   Reply With Quote