Closed Thread

Old 07-08-2002, 10:03 AM   #1  

Default Weigh in at home 7/8 - 7/14

Starting the topic - be back later (work is nuts)

Judy
Old 07-08-2002, 11:17 AM   #2  

Wow - it sure is quiet here today. I haven't been able to catch up from last week and this morning is a real juggling act at work - I feel like I have 15 balls in the air!

I didn't weigh in on Saturday morning. My cousin and her husband came down from Connecticut late morning and we had a little cleaning to do (they stayed over Sat night). I definitely fell off the WW wagon over the weekend - I won't go into much detail but too many drinks definitely played a part. I didn't go hog-wild but I didn't count points and if I had, I would have been significantly over my max. I did get in some walking in the pool yesterday and will try to do at least that today. I'm firmly back on the wagon and hope to undo any damage that I did over the weekend. Work is very stressful today and is likely to be that way until vacation so I just have to keep that in mind in terms of any evening snacking.

I hope to catch up on last week's threads - I hope every is doing well.

Judy
163.6/156 (last week's)/135
Old 07-08-2002, 09:37 PM   #3  

S/C/G: 268.8/266.4/145

Height: 5'8"

Hi all.

Judy - Sorry to hear that the weekend was rough, program wise. I'm sure that you'll be able to undo any damage that you did. I hope the thoughts of your upcoming beach vacation makes getting through the craziness at work at bit easier.

Nikeo - Welcome. I love your screen name. I think we've all found ourselves in the position of regaining what we've lost, so you'll find plenty of support here.

I had a fairly good weekend, program wise. It's nice to be cooking meals so consistently. Tonight we had a nice stir-fry using the veggie stir fry from Costco and some leftover steak. Mmmm. It's TOM, though, so I have been retaining water. Hopefully it will be gone by Wednesday.

Talk to you all soon.
Old 07-09-2002, 07:55 AM   #4  
Angie-del

Hello everyone.

Judy- I was right behind you when you fell off the ww wagon...but, let's shake it off and jump right back up (looks like you've done it already!). Keep the thought of your vacation dancing in your mind...it'll make all this stress more manageable knowing you've got that on the horizon.

Carla- enjoy those home cooked meals...then travel on up here and help me out! I so envy you....I wish I could be home at least part time but it's not in the financial picture right now. Hope you're setting up a good routine.

As I said, I fell off the wagon big time from the 3 through the 7th. I put the brakes on Sunday night and was back OP Monday morning. I knew I would be seeing a gain last night (and I did...up 1.4#), but I'm back following the program I KNOW works if you follow it correctly. Here's to a better week!
Angie

Old 07-09-2002, 01:12 PM   #5  

Angie - I'm sorry to hear about your temporary stumble off the wagon. I know that with your determination you'll be staying on the wagon and will get that gain back off in no time. I don't know if staying at home permanently will be in our financial picture either. Going back to work will be hard, that's for sure. Still working on the routine, but it will come.

Not much new here. Based on my sneak peeks (bad I know) I'll be posting a gain tomorrow. Sigh.

Talk to you all later.

Carla
Old 07-09-2002, 04:43 PM   #6  

Nikeo - welcome. Yup, count me in as one who regained what I lost the first time but with the help of this great group, I plan on this being the last time I "lose" those pounds!

Carla - Sounds like it's time for some lemon in your water! I'll be seeing TOM soon - at least it will be over before vacation! I'm sure it's nice to be able to cook meals consistently. I'm sure it's going to make a difference in your progress.

Angie - sorry to hear we fell off together. Yup, I'm right back on and it sounds like you're right there with me! That 1.4 will be gone next week - as you said, we know the program works if you follow it correctly. I told Tony that I need to be very "exact" for the next few weeks (and beyond of course) - I want to start vacation with its many temptations on a high (not weight-wise) note.

I had a good day yesterday even with the stress. I did manage to get a little step workout in and I'm happy to report that my knee feels fine today. I'm hoping that any thunderstorms hold off here (it's HHH weather here) - Tony and I are going to try to get to the pool when I get home. I think walking in the pool for 20 minutes will be a wonderful way of getting some exercise in after a very hot & uncomfortable commute home. I did quite a bit of knitting last night and that helped me keep my snacking to a minimum. I'm hoping to do the same tonight. I have to get to bed by 10 pm (I have to catch a 6:00 am train for an early meeting) so hopefully that will help the evening snack attacks too (PMS'y kind of cravings). And yes, I AM trying to keep the beach in my mind. I even started my "list"!

Have a great one,
Judy
Old 07-10-2002, 01:22 AM   #7  
Canadian, eh?

Hi Girls...

Sounds like I had plenty of company falling off the wagon for the past few days...been hot, tired, cranky, PMSing and just haven't felt like planning what to eat in the least. I worked overtime yesterday, so didn't get to the gym, and was too tired to go today...TOMORROW!

Judy - a walk in the pool sounds like a wonderful way to exercise in the heat! Good news that your knee is feeling okay again.

Angie - Good for you for getting right back on track...isn't it amazing what we stuff into our mouths when we lose focus?!

Carla - glad to hear you've been doing well and eating well at home. Keep it up...you have to get John used to the home cooking to support your SAH campaign

I refuse to get on the scale tomorrow...with the raging hormones I can't deal with looking at a gain. I'm off tomorrow so will devote my morning (after dropping cat to vet for dental work) to shopping for some healthy eats for the rest of the week. I have a 12:30 appointment at the gym with my trainer, so will get my exercise in big time.

Off to bed now ... have a great Wednesday.

Karen

Last edited by Merrylegs; 07-10-2002 at 09:58 AM.
Old 07-10-2002, 12:03 PM   #8  

Hi everyone.

Judy - I join you in the need to be exact. Sounds like you had a very good evening last night. I'm sending you good vibes to keep that stupid old PMS monster at bay.

Karen - And good vibes to you too that the monster leaves you alone. I hope you had a productive shopping trip today. It always seems so much easier when the house is stocked with good for you stuff.

I should have stayed off the scale today. The bad news is, up two pounds. The good news, I guess, is that this is less than what I've been seeing on my sneak peeks, so I managed to get most of that water out. But, it really is time for me to get back to basics - measuring, weighing, writing it down. Either I'm going to do this or I'm not and I'm in the mind to do it, so I just have to start paying attention to the program.

Have a great day.

Carla
266/266.8/140
Old 07-11-2002, 05:46 PM   #9  

Whoa - where is everyone? I'm talking to myself here.

Even though I'm just talking to myself, I'm going to report, since it has happened so very infreequently lately, a perfectly OP day yesterday, including (drumroll please) getting in my milks and all my fruits and veggies. And I ate at minimum points. No wonder we're having this cold snap - it's **** freezing over. Actually, it felt very good to have a day like that under my belt and I'm shooting for another one today.

I hope that you all are having a good day. All you lurkers (and with 50 views to our 7 posts when I accessed the thread, there are definitely lurkers out there) stop in and say "hi". Pat and Karen C., if you're out there, this definitely means you. Holly, where are you? Jennifa - what's news with you?

Talk to you all later.

Carla
Old 07-11-2002, 06:43 PM   #10  
Angie-del

Hey everyone. I finally found a spare minute to myself (Tony has taken the kids to a local water park) so I just finished my 30 mins on the treadmill and am now on here checking in with everyone.

Carla- WAY TO GO ON YOUR OP DAY!!!!!!! Hope today is going great for you too!! String a few of those days together and it gets easier with each passing minute. How's the routine going? Are you settling in with one? How did Ana's surgery go last week?(I hope I'm not missing a post you made about it.....)

Judy- stay exact on your measuring/journaling this week and you'll like the result come Sat morning! I'm weighing my servings again with a vengence and sure hope the scale goes downward this wi....sure am tired of it going up.

Karen- I think I probably could have taken first prize for the amount of junk I stuffed into my face over those 5 days. Ugh. No wonder I was getting incredibly crabby. My leader mentioned a few wks ago how we sometimes 'rebel' after being on program for a while. Made a lot of sense to me Sunday night. Not to be a whiner, but I was (and still am, kind of) tired of having to weigh everything I eat, journal it all yada yada yada. Sure would be nice to sit down for a meal and eat what I want. Hopefully, it's OUT of my system now and I am on firm ground again!

Have a great rest of a think thin Thursday! I think we're all getting our acts together now so we should be a bunch of losers next week (I can't wait to be a loser.....who would of ever thought I would be happy to say that!)
Angie

Old 07-11-2002, 06:52 PM   #11  
Canadian, eh?

Carla - You're not talking to yourself; I'm here! Congratulations on your virtuous day And hope you're having another just like it today! It feels pretty darn good to put in a good effort - not sure why we end up off track so often...anyway as long as we get back on track; that's the main thing. Are you finding time to preplan now that you're at home?

I did climb on the scale today after avoiding y'day's weigh in and was pleasantly suprised with a 2 lb loss. Don't know where that came from other than 6 weeks of working with weights must be kickstarting the metabolism. It certainly doesn't have much to do with my eating habits for the last couple of weeks. I had a good food day y'day, and today it's too hot to want to eat much anyway...Carla, you could send some of your "**** freezing over" my way to cool things down a little.

Hope everyone is okay and will find a moment to say hello!

Karen
Old 07-11-2002, 07:56 PM   #12  
Canadian, eh?

Angie - we must've been posting at the same time. Your slip up last week just proves that you have the same human frailties as everyone else, and what makes you a winner at being a loser is that you've picked up, gone back to square one, and resumed all the habits that have made you so successful! You'll be looking at a nice loss next week.

Karen
Old 07-12-2002, 09:14 AM   #13  

Karen - Sorry to hear you've been having some struggles - I'm with you on the PMS'ing. Great news about those 2 pounds gone forever! Good for you for continuing with the weights - they really are so necessary to our good health let along our weight loss.

Carla - Sorry to hear about the gain. I'm with you on getting back to the basics. I can hear the motivation in "your voice". It must have been your vibes coming east this morning because for the first time in I can't even remember, I measured the ff cream cheese on my Natural Ovens bagel. I read an article in Readers Digest (after my leader told me about it) about how important calcium is to losing weight. I was glad to see that if I have 4 tbs of ff cream cheese, it's 30% calcium - more than one milk of 25%. I'm making a special effort to get my "milks" in every day. WOW! (I just read you talking to yourself - tee hee) - totally OP and even eating at your minimum - way to go!!!! I'm sure you will have another one today.

Angie - Good for you for getting back OP after a few rough days. I couldn't agree with Karen more and couldn't have said it any better. Accomplishments are most meaningful when they are hard to do - and you've accomplished a ton!

I had a couple of really rough PMS'y days - lots of salty and chocolate cravings - I'm sure the stress at work didn't help either. I still wrote down what I ate and calculated the damage. I managed to get my "deficit" down to 2.5 points as of yesterday so I'm hoping that maybe I can squeeze in a maintain tomorrow. Of course TOM is any minute so that might not make a maintain easy. Oh well, I'm determined to work off the deficit. It was absolutely gorgeous out yesterday, cool, dry & sunny and Tony and I played a little tennis. I was very careful - I tried not to run after tough shots (which was harder than I thought) and we quit after 30 minutes - my knee was a little achy so when we got home I iced it right away. Today is feels fine (thank goodness) but I'm not going to do any aerobics today - maybe just some weights or yoga. I don't want to make the mistake I made last time - it's only a week away from vaction (yeah!) and I want it to be an active one!

Today looks to be a little less nuts at work so hopefull I can get back here again. If not, have a great OP weekend.
Judy
Old 07-12-2002, 04:09 PM   #14  

Hi all.

It's great to "see" my friends again.

Angie - I'm glad you were able to catch some time to yourself. Thank goodness for water parks and for husbands who are willing to take the kids there. Ana's dental work actually got postponed until next Wed., the 17th. I'm glad to hear you're firmly back on the wagon. As for rebeling against the program - yep, it happens. I get to the same place where I get so sick of measuring and weighing and counting points that I could just scream and then I throw my "why can't I just eat like a normal person" pity party. And even though right now I'm in my "Yay for me, I can do this, it's a breeze mode", I know the rebellion will kick in again one of this days. And what is going to make or break me is how I deal with it. I think you're doing a great job getting past the rebellion and you will be my inspiration!

Karen - Great news about those 2 pounds. All that work at the gym has paid off for sure. I'm going to invoke my month's membership when we get back from vacation and all of our visiting relatives are back home (first my sister and then cousins from Italy). Glad to hear you had a good food day. Yes, I am finding it easier to pre-plan. I find that rather than doing one big grocery shopping trip, I'm doing several smaller visits to the store. Planning for a few days at a time seems less intimidating to me and with more free time, going to the store isn't such a chore. I must have sent some of **** freezing over to you as it's getting hot here again. Yuck.

Judy - While I didn't read the Reader's Digest article, I've heard it discussed. If I remember correctly, the discussions I've read have stressed that it's even more benficial if the calcium comes from food sources rather than supplements. Good for you for measuring that FF cream cheese. And great job on whittling down your deficit. I'm sending "get lost" vibes to the PMS monster on your behalf. By the way, I made the Cranberry Apricot Chicken last night and it was a hit. Loved it! Thanks again for sharing the recipe.

Thanks to you all for your encouragement on stringing together OP days. I had another one yesterday and am on track again today. Angie, you're so right, once you string a few of them together, it does become easier. Tomorrow will be a challenge - we're going to the Polish buffet. (My MIL is treating my family to reciprocate for the holiday entertaining they've done. She no longer cares to entertain at home.) But, I have a plan. No bread (the rolls weren't that fresh the last time anyway), no breaded pork cutlet, watch the portion sizes and figure out points, even if it's after the fact. If I don't write it down and figure it out, it's so much easier for me to go into "I've blow it, so I might as well keep on blowing it" mode. Writing it done and counting the points keeps me in the groove, even if I go over points.

Have a great weekend everyone and here's looking forward to fantastic weigh-ins for us all.

Carla
Closed Thread