Chicks in Control Overeating? Binging? Share uplifting support and gain control!

Old 08-09-2009, 11:38 AM   #1  

S/C/G: 190/173/135

Height: 5ft 4.5

Default help please

Ok so i started my journey in feb this year at around 190lbs, i was really good for like 4 months and managed to get down to 172lbs. But then i seemed to develop binge eating and would go weeks on binging hen starving to lower he weight again. I was rushed to hospital last week with some kind of blood infection and spent 4 nights not eating in hospital as i was too sick. Now i got out of hospital and my weight had gone down to 175 from the 180lbs it had gone up to through binging. And then hello my body grabs all food possible in the last week and i have noticed the weight gain considerably (can't fit into the clothes again e.t.c) and now im 184lbs arrrrrggghhhh i wanted to be about 163lbs by october and now look im fat again! plus hav just been given photos of me last year at this weight and i look HORRENDOUS. But i just can't seem to get back on the treadmill or stop the binging!!! please n e help will b greatly received and encouragement???? i need to stop this and do you think i can get slimmer by october again???? thank u sooo much xxxx

Last edited by chudge; 08-09-2009 at 11:38 AM.
chudge is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-09-2009, 01:53 PM   #2  

S/C/G: 248.8/232.2/135

Height: 5'8"

Hi, chudge--

I am certainly no expert, but have had similar experiences. I take it one day at a time and once I get momentum, I find it is easy to stay on track. In other words, have just one good day, and then two, and so on. If you fall off of the wagon, which happens to a lot people (me included), immediately get back on. I have read that over and over here by people who have been successful. Not sure if that is helpful, but I hope it does.

Cheers,

J

Last edited by LotusMama; 08-09-2009 at 11:24 PM.
LotusMama is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-09-2009, 08:51 PM   #3  
Go Cubs Go!

S/C/G: Too/Effing/Much!

Height: 5' 7"

Aw, sweetie. I battle binging, too. It is hard. And some days feels very much like a losing battle.

Jrmohr is right, just take it a day at a time and if you fall, don't beat yourself up. Dust yourself off and get back on track. If you lose it and binge in the middle of the day, just have a good, healthy dinner and carry on from there. If you are on track most of the time, an occasional meal or even day of unadvised eating isn't going to hurt you much. It is when we fall and don't get back on track that we harm ourselves and gain weight back.

Hang tough. Take it a day at a time or even an hour at a time. I have to do this. Many days it works. Some, not so much. But I am not giving up.
Rain Dancer is offline   Reply With Quote