Old 08-03-2009, 06:59 AM   #1  
beachbum

Default August Counting Calories Chat

I thought I start a new chat for Aug,as no one stated it over the weekend.

Don't have time to post as my DH & I are running out to have a usual petscan. will be back later to post.

Oh!!! I W-I this morning and I down 1 and my new total is 170.5

Sorry for misspelling the title. Don't know how to fix it.

Last edited by beach bum; 08-03-2009 at 07:02 AM.
beach bum is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-03-2009, 09:13 AM   #2  
Meg

All fixed. Thought that looked a little ... iffy.
Meg is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-03-2009, 05:12 PM   #3  
beachbum

THANKS MEG.

Now that we have a thread to chat on,where is everyone??? I just got home,as it was a very busy day in & out of Hospitals & Clinics.

Tired going to rest for the remained of the day, and I'll be on the chat first thing in the morning.

Last edited by beach bum; 08-03-2009 at 05:12 PM.
Old 08-04-2009, 09:11 AM   #4  
beachbum

BUMPING this chat to the top,where is everyone,hope when I get back from shopping I will see someone has posted.
Old 08-04-2009, 09:23 AM   #5  
Getting healthy again!!

S/C/G: 204/199/140

Height: 5'2.5"

I'm hiding because its August. So lets see fall semester starts in exactly 20 days, DHs book list came out yesterday and his look to be about $438 dollars, most of which need to be bought right away, my book list comes out today and I assume my books will be about the same. I hate textbook time, its stressful.

I am 1lb away from my second baby goal, but I only have 4 more gym classes, so I am getting nervous about not being accountable for my workout, DH and me are working on that as it really does help me to be accountable.

As of a couple weeks ago on my latest doctors visit I do not have to go to see her until December so that makes me happy. It was getting pricey...but based on my latest test results she was fine with just keeping my medications the same and letting me go.

DH should be at maintenance weight this week, next at the latest. Its kind of a scary thought honestly because since he has been eating at a deficit he is not sure how he is going to start eating more. He does have his working out down now and will next semester as well since he just works out on days I have class.

Not much going on here, just getting ready for another semester. School kind of takes over our lives when we are both going full time.
Cebsme is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-04-2009, 02:34 PM   #6  
beachbum

Hi Cebsme

Thanks for coming on board,I can't believe that we're in Aug already where has summer gone.Congrats on being 1 lb away from your mini goal.

I'm trying hard to make my first 10% which is 20 lbs. I'm not on any diet,just making sure I eat healthy with counting calories. Right now I'm on an extreme shifting of calories High & Low,which is working for the last 3 weeks lost 6 lbs so far,and will continue this way of counting until I get down to another 6 lbs. and than I go back to reg calorie ranges.

Hope you and you DH have a great semester year
Old 08-04-2009, 07:28 PM   #7  
BOOM!

S/C/G: 176.6/130/130

Height: 5'2"

I have been costuming like a mad woman. My house looks like a bomb hit it. Well, I am going to do some cleaning today because the next round of stuff I am doing is some very hard leatherwork which I am not 100% sure how to do and not 100% it will come out like I want it to, so I am going to procrastinate by playing catch-up with the laundry and dishes.

See, housework is easy... just have something you want to do less!

I am stuck at 136ish, which isn't bad but I'd like to take off a few more before maintenance to give me a little wiggle room. I said something about not wanting to be fat yesterday and my DH said "well, you aren't fat anymore. You look great so shut up." hee hee. That was actually very sweet of him, he's just naturally grumpy... but then again so am I so it's ok.

Anyway so 30 days till my event. 29 till I HAVE to have the costumes complete and perfect since we are driving up to Seattle from the SF Bay area. No crafting in the car, it just doesn't work unless it's very light sewing. I am a decent weight for it. The stuff that is fitted fits great. DH still has 30 pounds to lose, but his costume allows for extra weight where as mine does not.

I am hoping to get a little closer to 130 then I am going to put on a very taken-in version of the outfit I was wearing in the picture that made me say ENOUGH! in February, which will obviously be the before. But, not quite there yet.

Ok, time to get action packed. Much to do and no time, NO TIME!

Last edited by prinny; 08-04-2009 at 07:35 PM. Reason: i pordot stuffs
prinny is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-04-2009, 07:44 PM   #8  
my beautiful mess

S/C/G: 197/179/145 or so

Height: 5'5"

Quote:
Originally Posted by beach bum View Post
l.
Right now I'm on an extreme shifting of calories High & Low,which is working for the last 3 weeks lost 6 lbs so far,and will continue this way of counting until I get down to another 6 lbs. and than I go back to reg calorie ranges.
Hey beach bum, I am new to this High&Low calorie thing. Where can I read about it? And can yo tell me what you do?

Thanks,
Ash
inthemidst is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-05-2009, 08:19 AM   #9  
beachbum

Hi Ladies

Looks like were going to get some rain,as its very cloudy out side.Guess I will do some bike riding this afternoon and lifting weights night.

PRINNY-Glad you could make it to the chat,but understand how busy your are. You'll lose for some wiggle room,as you been doing fantastic on the weight loss scene,better than must of us.Your DH is right you've come so far,now take time and enjoy it.Have fun at the event and hope the costuming will be done by that time.

INTHEMIDST-Here a link to the calorie shifting.

http://www.3fatchicks.com/forum/calo...e-cycling.html

I don't follow any diet just doing my own thing adding more calories one day and add less the next. It just a method to finding what works for you.

Have a great day I'm going to leaving,and having a busy day to boot,see you gals later on this afternoon or tomorrow for sure.
Old 08-05-2009, 09:55 AM   #10  
Getting healthy again!!

S/C/G: 204/199/140

Height: 5'2.5"

I am sore today-
Had gym class last night and hopped on the treadmill, and it was simply getting way to easy,so with permission from my doctor I have started running a little. So I cranked up that treadmill to 5mph and ran intervals, since its all I can handle right now. I upped my walking speed to 4mph. I ran a quarter mile at a time, with a quarter mile break. I went a total of 2 miles.
Then did 15 minutes on the elliptical, which I still don't like, it kind of hurts my hips in a strange way. I followed that up with 20 on the recumbent bike and I was spent. I think I have 3 more classes left, I will have to check to be sure though.

The battery in my GWF watch has died again, and right now we don't have really any money, so I am waiting until payday on the 10th to replace it, its going to be weird not to have that constant view of my calories burned. However it will be nice to see if I actually need it everyday, because with school I would prefer wearing a regular watch because I find myself thinking my calories burned is the time.
Didn't feel like checking my book list last night, I will probably drive up and check it on friday if my husband has off, or Monday of next week when I go do grocery shopping.
Speaking of groceries, we are trying to use up some of the stuff in the pantry and freezer right now so I wont be buying much. We are doing a pantry challenge, so that next month when we go up to the Sam's Club we can stock up a little more, and have room for it.

Have a good day everyone.
Cebsme is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-05-2009, 11:38 PM   #11  
BOOM!

I need to work out more, but wonky schedules, much to do and not sleeping well is hampering. I will weigh again in about a week I guess. I am watching calories and running around a lot even if I'm not being good about actually working out.
Old 08-06-2009, 12:05 AM   #12  
Go Cubs Go!

S/C/G: Too/Effing/Much!

Height: 5' 7"

Hi Counters. I hope that all is well, Beach Bum and that test results are what you want to see.

I have been busy. Taking care of my home and family. I have been pretty well on track, tho I had a bit of a rough day, day before yesterday. Doesn't seem to have harmed me, tho. I don't own a scale right now so I don't know where I am, weight wise but I feel smaller. My clothes are getting a little looser and I am feeling a little better. So... I will get a scale, eventually but I am not feeling a pressing need for it, at the moment.

Bleargh! I am so over Summer. Anyone else looking forward to Fall?
Rain Dancer is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-06-2009, 06:59 AM   #13  
BOOM!

Yeah my schedule is completely jacked at this point. I need to get myself sorted as I must go to the craft store for a metric butt tonne of hot glue sticks.

Long story.

Anyway, hope everyone is doing well!
Old 08-06-2009, 08:23 AM   #14  
Mind-Mouth-Muscle-Motion

S/C/G: 274/ticker/174

Height: 5'10"

Cebsme, congrats on the running. That was quite a workout.

Prinny, that's a lot of glue sticks! Lol!

I am doing well, getting into a routine. I need to be more consistent with my walking though. It has been raining a lot here lately and that makes it harder to get out.

Well, off to work. Have a great day!
Judy Lynn is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-06-2009, 10:35 AM   #15  
BOOM!

Yeah I am casting molds of stuff I need to be flexible to fit on a costume and paintable, high temp hot glue is the cheapest, least toxic option. Just have to make sure the costume doesn't get left anywhere really hot for long period of time like in the car or whatever.