Old 08-02-2009, 09:05 PM   #1  

S/C/G: S 214/ C 204 / G 140

Height: 5' 8"

Default First week on Atkins

I am almost finished with my first week on Atkins. A few days were really rough..I just didn't feel well at all. Atkins "flu" and it was crappy but I feel 100% better now that I am almost through day 7.

I will weight tomorrow morning again and that will be exactly a week but as of today, I was down over 10 lbs. I am very happy with that result but know that I will be most successful if I have a eating plan that works for me long term. I am planning to do induction for two weeks and then start adding in low carb fruits and other veggies. Hopefully, I will be slow and steady on the plan! I would be thrilled to be anywhere below 175 by Christmas.

How is everyone else doing?
RandZsMom is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-02-2009, 09:37 PM   #2  

S/C/G: 165/155/140

Sounds like a great goal!! I done totally awesome last week. I even got up to jogging 1 1/2 miles. Then, Friday hit...my daughter's bithday party,ahhhhhh!!!! I will be weighing in tomorrow morning so we shall see.
Jokan is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-02-2009, 09:56 PM   #3  

S/C/G: 302/287/200

Height: 5'5"

Congratulations! I know that the first week is always the hardest - adjusting the a new way of eating but once you get thru that it's alot easier! Keep up the good work! You can do it!
chubbs is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-03-2009, 06:34 AM   #4  

S/C/G: 260/ticker/135

Height: 5'2

Wow 10lbs is amazing! That's almost the weight of a gallon of water. Go ahead and pick one up, get a feel on how much you've lost. Congrats on a job well done for the first week!
AngelicLyna is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-03-2009, 09:26 AM   #5  

S/C/G: 211/181/140

Height: 5'2"

Awesome!! That's great success
UniquelyNormal is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-04-2009, 06:37 AM   #6  
Maintenance May 2011

S/C/G: 312/149/150

Height: 5'6"

Great job, RandzsMom!! I just finished up Induction and started OWL Rung 1 (veggies) this week. Doesn't seem that much different except I get a little more veg. I know some people do an extended induction to lose weight faster (that sometimes doesn't work) but I'm anxious to move up a couple rungs.

Quote:
Originally Posted by RandZsMom View Post
I am planning to do induction for two weeks and then start adding in low carb fruits and other veggies.
Have you read the book? Most people go by the DANDR 2002 rather than the original 1972 version. Fruits like berries aren't allowed for a while and regular fruits not for quite a while.

The OWL rung after Induction is veggies (5g net carb more from your Induction veggie list), followed by
  • rung 2 (dairy),
  • rung 3 (seeds & nuts),
  • rung 4 (berries),
  • rung 5 (wine & low carb spirits),
  • rung 6 (legumes),
  • rung 7 (other fruits),
  • rung 8 (starchy veggies)
  • rung 9 (whole grains)

I was kind of disappointed that you don't really get that much of these foods when you move into the next rung but the additions will surely be welcomed when I can have them! Good luck and hope you have a great rest of Induction!
mizski is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-06-2009, 04:30 PM   #7  

S/C/G: 235 / 189 / 165

Congrats, that's a great start!
sarahinparis is offline   Reply With Quote