Old 08-02-2009, 11:42 AM   #1  
Operator265

Default Medifast, Etc.-August Chat

I guess it's time to move on up and acknowledge the passing of time since we completely skipped July.

Carry on.

Romans-I hear some folks talk about how they like exercising, but, I think they're a bunch of weirdos.

Last edited by Operator265; 08-02-2009 at 11:43 AM.
Old 08-02-2009, 05:45 PM   #2  
Carol

S/C/G: 198/181/150

Height: 5'4"

Arrow I hate it when summer goes by so quickly...

Yeah, people will say some crazy things about exercise--but do you notice that they all seem unnaturally hyped-up about it as they voice their enthusiasm? Endorphins can cause people to be delusional...

I like what exercising does for me. HOWEVER, if it weren't for those positive chemical releases during the process, I believe that many of my workouts would be cut short...or shorter...

Thanks for the time travel assistance, Operator! 50 pounds lost--congrats.

Happy August, everyone!

Carol.

Last edited by aim high bloom late; 08-02-2009 at 05:45 PM.
aim high bloom late is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-03-2009, 02:24 PM   #3  
Bobbie~Doll

S/C/G: 254/237/140

Height: 5'2

So, I officially started Medifast today. I bought just some shakes and the eggs for two weeks...so that I can see if I like the program or not. I must say that the eggs are not for me and I will probably sell the rest of the packets, I just can not take the texture of them personally.

I am a lil hungry right now, so I am gonna try the buillion thing and see how that works for me. My next shake is scheduled for 2pm. I have been drinking them every 3 hours and for my lean and green dinner I am planning on having some romaine with ground beef seasoned and some salsa with wf ranch. Hope it hits the spot.

I am going to get a packet of the oatmeal with my next purchase to see how i like that...because i know i will grow tired of the shakes soon.

I am also going to be taking some before pics in my bathing suit tonight.
I am starting at 253...ughh...how did i get that far up!
Bobbiedoll03 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-04-2009, 03:23 AM   #4  
Renaissance Woman

S/C/G: 363/306/185

Height: 5'10.5"

Denise, I don't like the eggs either as they are, so I always have them with veggies. I either saute some spinach or shred a zucchini and saute it in Pam. I cook the eggs in the microwave for one minute, stir, then cook again for another 20 seconds. Then I mix them in with the veggies and season with salt and pepper. I actually like them like that, especially with the zucchini. I'm thinking about cooking them with asparagus, bell peppers, scallions or mushrooms. I think the key is to not overcook them.

I'm kinda free with my veggies and go way over the three servings.

Good luck! I wish you well.

Georgia
geoblewis is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-04-2009, 03:00 PM   #5  

S/C/G: 339/332/190

Height: 5'11''

Welcome to the program Denise, the first couple of days can be difficult but if you stick to it things will get better. If you feel an overwhelming urge to go off plan, try to drink another shake and make it through, that has always helped me. You can do it!

Now onto myself I've been having a difficult time of it lately and could use some encouragement. I have been staying on plan, which has been ok, but my motivation is lacking. I have lost 30 lbs, and people are beginning to comment on my weight loss which feels good, but I just don't feel like I see it. I do best with motivation from myself, but I can't seem to find any right now. Have any of you hit this type of slump? How did you pull yourself out of it?

Last edited by DoonBug; 08-04-2009 at 03:12 PM.
DoonBug is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-04-2009, 05:11 PM   #6  
Carol

S/C/G: 198/181/150

Height: 5'4"

Arrow You can do it! We can do it!

Hey, DoonBug--

Sorry that you are not feeling your best. I hit those kind of slumps, too. What I do is promise myself to only do MF for one more week. At the end of that week, I re-evaluate. I ask myself questions like: why do I want to do this? What does it feel like to be heavier than I want? Would I continue to be happy with the weight that I am right now.

It helps to take a week first--so you don't have to think about those things for a bit--especially if you are not naturally focusing on them right now, eyes-on-the-prize style.

In the long run, it has always occurred to me that doing this diet is easier than feeling hopeless and uncomfortable.

Give yourself another week, and then take some time to re-think your goals and reasons for trying to be healthier.

I have always found that once I'm doing this diet, in the big picture it's much easier to continue on with it, than not.

Carol.
aim high bloom late is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-04-2009, 10:23 PM   #7  
zay

Hi there. Been awhile since I've been here. I just wanted to pop in to say hello and I'm doing well. I'm down 38 lbs. now. I'm really trying to be more compliant with the program because I could have lost more by now. But, I'm happy.

I want to thank those of you who have posted about diet direct and their products. I am so grateful to be saving $ and I love the products.
zay is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-06-2009, 01:46 AM   #8  

S/C/G: 299/240/170

HELLO to all...

denise...i lile to chicken noodle soup, shakes, and bars. nothing else. the oatmeal is HORRENDOUS!

doonbug..i so know how that goes when you hit a few months into it. i keep asking myself, "What's the alternative to making this change?" Nothing i come up with sounds very good so i just keep plodding along. You have nothing but time. Do not try to set yourself up on a timetable. That always frustrates me.

I am finally down a pound! PTL almost 3 weeks without a change in the right direction! I was ready to throw in the towel but i held on and i think the scale is going to continue going down now. stay positive everyone!
ROMANS828 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-06-2009, 11:46 AM   #9  
Renaissance Woman

S/C/G: 363/306/185

Height: 5'10.5"

I had the cream of chicken soup for the first time yesterday. Ick! I found a recipe for making mini-quiches with them, so I'm going to try it. You add some egg whites, baking soda and veggies and then you bake them. Actually, someone made them with the cream of broccoli, but I'll try it with the chicken first. I'm going add some of that lovely bacon salt too.

I also had the banana pudding last night for dessert. It was okay, but I ate it straight away and didn't put it in the fridge. The consistency wasn't quite right, so I think a second stirring a few minutes after the initial mixing is in order, and the chilling will probably improve the experience. I'm wondering if there are recipes out there for freezing it to make ice cream. I also want to try the vanilla and find a way to turn it into a flan-like experience.

Tried the chocolate mint crunch bar yesterday too. That was awesome!

Georgia
geoblewis is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-09-2009, 01:26 PM   #10  
Bobbie~Doll

Georgia, whats the banana pudding recipe?

Also, I wanted to do my first week check in. I weighed in today and this first week I am down from 253 to 244. I am excited!!!!!!!!!!!!!! I have not cheated not one bit. I did have a diet soda the other day (we are training at work and I needed it!!!) Otherwise, I am doing really good.

I went out to eat with some friends last night and I had the faajita dish without the toritillas and it was so good.

on to week two!
Old 08-09-2009, 03:15 PM   #11  
Operator265

Congratulations Bobbie!!! Way to go!!!

Diet soda is allowed, so, that wasn't cheating. Personally, I never drank diet soda and I love tea, so that wasn't a deal for me. But, it is allowed on the program.

Keep up the good work.
Old 08-09-2009, 03:18 PM   #12  
Operator265

The soft serve ice cream recipe is the second post on the Recipe sticky.

WENDY LIKE ICE CREAM

1 pkg of MF Pudding, any flavor
1/2 cup water
1 cup of ice cubes (small cubes work better)
1/2 oz of FF cream cheese

Mix the pudding and water together. Put all the ingredients in blender and blend it for 1-2 min... Tada!!! You have soft serve ice cream!!!

Enjoy!

This count as 1 MF meal + 1 condiment

Florence
Old 08-10-2009, 02:03 PM   #13  

S/C/G: 339/332/190

Height: 5'11''

Thanks for the encouragement everyone! You kind words have helped. I'm trying to beat the slump by taking a few fun classes at the gym (salsa cardio & kickboxing) and trying new recipes for my L&G.

That Wendy's like ice cream sounds delish! I must try it
DoonBug is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-10-2009, 04:09 PM   #14  
Bobbie~Doll

So i just got my new shipment for the next week and I ordered some of the soy crisps and OMG they hit the spot! They are good! I really like them...and I was hungry because I have been working so much that I have not had my shake yet...these are perfect, they will most definetely be a staple while i am on the plan!

Last edited by Bobbiedoll03; 08-10-2009 at 04:10 PM.
Old 08-11-2009, 10:18 AM   #15  

S/C/G: 228/217/143

Height: 5'6

Just want to say hi to everyone. I don't post that much but I do read what everyone has to say about Medifast. I am currently on week 5 and going strong. I find the plan very easy to follow, and I like most of the food that I have tried so far.

I will say that I had to hide my scale becasue I was weighing way to much. I was letting the number effect me. Now I am only going to weigh once a month and let my clothes tell me if I am losing. I am starting to get back into pants that I have not worn in several months becasue they had gotten to small on me.

Hope everyone has a wonderful Medifast day....

Christine
christine1182 is offline   Reply With Quote