Body Image and Issues after Weight Loss Including discussions about excess skin and reconstructive surgery

Old 07-31-2009, 03:59 PM   #1  

S/C/G: 217/196/135

Height: 5'7"

Default Getting over intimacy issues with a significant other?

Hello all.

I was wondering if anyone else had issues with this. I've been seeing this guy for a while now and I'm fine with kissing and whatnot, but when clothes start coming off, I freak out internally. I feel like he's just going to see my fat, and stretch marks, etc and get completely disgusted. He always tells me I'm amazingly good looking and he seems to mean in, but whilst we're getting intimate, I just can't help but think about everything that's still wrong with me. If anyone else has dealt with this, what did you do? Thanks a bunch in advance.
cammieb is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-31-2009, 04:09 PM   #2  

S/C/G: 158/142/at or below 135 lbs.

Height: 5'5"

The most important thing, I think, is to BELIEVE your guy! I guarantee you that he is LOVING your body way more than you are. LET him... and eventually you will enjoy it more yourself.
walking2lose is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-31-2009, 08:05 PM   #3  
Maintaining :)

S/C/G: 215/117/120

Height: 5'4"

It seems the more you lose, the easier it is to see all those little flaws. None of us will ever be perfect. Try to celebrate the things you LOVE about your new self, and work on accepting the things you don't like as well.

Stop in front of the mirror every time you pass it, and compliment yourself on an area where you feel you don't look your best. See the glass as half full, instead of half empty.

I still have loose skin issues - the girls are saggy-baggy. But I remind myself every day, that they still look great with a push-up bra, they breastfed two wonderful kids, and given the current breast cancer stats - I am thrilled that they are healthy!
AND of course DH could care less if they droop to my knees, it is only me that cares about such things
CountingDown is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-01-2009, 09:52 AM   #4  

S/C/G: 152/152/125

Height: 5'2

Hi Cammie, i saw your pics on another thread and you look great! Although i know this intimacy stuff is not about what you actually look like, but how you feel about yourself. You worked hard girl! Give yourself some credit and try and see the good things about your body like everyone is suggesting. And if you are finding you still feel terrible about how you look maybe you should go to therapy or something.
This is the kind of thing i worry about too (not that there's anyone in the picture right now anyway...) but i realize in the past it has probably prevented me from pursuing things (guys, jobs, etc.) because i felt so awful. And now i look back at pictures of myself and think, i didn't look that bad at all, what a waste. So i am really trying to make body image part of the deal with the weight loss this time-and try and accept myself as i am.
There have been many other threads on 3fc where the consensus is, when you're in bed with a guy, all he sees is boobs, not stretch marks, hahaha. So relax and have fun!
rosiem is offline   Reply With Quote