Old 07-31-2009, 12:52 PM   #1  
"Love Me Some Me"

S/C/G: H:267 C: see ticker G:150ish

Height: 5'4

Default Cherry Pit Diaries

Hello! My name is Jenh-ai and I am addicted to fresh cherries and watermelon. Does any on know what happens to me when the summer fruit season is over?

My fruit addiction put me in a strange position yesterday. I am enrolled in an intensive course this summer. Each day, I have a protein shake during my drive. I also pack fruit, a sandwich, and two large bottles of water to have each hour. This kid, whom I already had issues with, started with me.

He said:
YOU are eating cherries? They must not be pitted!
I responded:
Yes, I am eating cherries and no they are not pitted. [Note my calm tone of voice.]
He said:
Well. what are you doing with the seeds?
I said:
What do you think? (thinking: I'm not chewing them up!) I just SPIT them out! (NOT SO CALM TONE) I did not feel ladylike saying those words. OH WELL!

Now, mind you I have been in this classroom four hours per day for almost 10 weeks. I have eaten countless containers of watermelon, cherries, grapes, cantaloupe, pineapple . . .etc. The tone he used was like - YOU 209lb woman? Eating fruit?

Last year and for the 30 years before, I have eaten burgers, wings, fries, fried chicken, fried Oreos, brisket, sausage, pasta alfredo, turducken, boudin, nachos, burritos, fried everything, loaves of bread, baskets of bread sticks, and a million other foods - - - - NOT ONE PERSON EVER HAD ANY QUESTIONs, COMMENTS, OR UNAUTHORIZED CONTRIBUTIONS to add. But, I have been eating MY cherries in MY area without any interruption, until yesterday. I chalked this discussion up to him being a nosey 20yo.

Last edited by jenhai; 07-31-2009 at 01:30 PM.
jenhai is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-31-2009, 01:04 PM   #2  
unabashed

S/C/G: 344/321/220

Height: 5'5

There was a blog about this on sparkpeople today.

people are rude.

Last edited by lottie63; 07-31-2009 at 01:04 PM.
lottie63 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-31-2009, 01:05 PM   #3  

S/C/G: 256/251/145

Height: 5'6"

Baby, You just eat your cherries, and spit at will! Ignore that jerk! You are doing a wonderful job!
scarletmeshell is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-31-2009, 01:14 PM   #4  
Closed

S/C/G: 244/165/137

Height: 5' 7"

If you are discreet, you could learn to spit the pits at him without being noticed...

Kira
kiramira is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-31-2009, 01:19 PM   #5  

S/C/G: 256/251/145

Height: 5'6"

Quote:
Originally Posted by kiramira View Post
If you are discreet, you could learn to spit the pits at him without being noticed...

Kira
Great idea! We should all learn this skill! Let's practice!
scarletmeshell is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-31-2009, 01:34 PM   #6  
"Love Me Some Me"

S/C/G: H:267 C: see ticker G:150ish

Height: 5'4

I thought about throwing my little baggy of seeds at him. But, I don't know how assault with a bag of cherry pits would look when they do my background check for teaching.

So, next week I will discretly remove the seeds from my mouth (I don't spit them) place them in my baggie, and flatter myself by imagining knocking him in his head with each and every one of them. SOUNDS GOOD!
jenhai is offline   Reply With Quote