Old 07-29-2009, 11:30 PM   #1  

S/C/G: 182/162/105

Height: 5'2"

Default judgmental

So..... I am definitely not a judgmental person when it comes to someone's weight. But I am very judgmental regarding other things. I hate it, but I am! Generally people are stupid sometimes, make dumb decisions, and when we are in our 20s we should know better.

Is anyone else here judgmental, and what are you judgmental about?

(I will open my big mouth later about what I am judgmental about)
LucySinatra is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-29-2009, 11:40 PM   #2  
This is not a test.

S/C/G: 187/132/127.8

Height: 5'5''/165cm

Im pretty much the opposite- i give people too much slack! Like if someone does something dumb or that might be interpretted as a bit mean i just think that you dont know what is going on for them and they probably didnt realise that what they did/said could be taken like that etc.

Sometimes i do just roll my eyes and want to strangle people though xD
Iconised Ghost is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-30-2009, 12:05 AM   #3  
Queen Yo-yo

S/C/G: 185/169.2/135

Height: 5'4"

Hmmm. I am occasionally judgmental when people make comments/jokes that I construe as "lame." But being as self-aware as I am, I know that *I* often make comments and jokes that are lame, and it's a quality in myself that I don't like. I really value sarcasm and wit. So, when I see "lameness" in other people, I think I'm really just being overly judgmental of myself...
Jelbb is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-30-2009, 12:44 AM   #4  
It's the final countdown!

S/C/G: 181/150.2/125

Height: 5'3

I tend to be judgmental when it comes to other people's financial decisions. I know that seems a bit over the top, but it's mostly regarding like 5 people in my life. I don't judge the random person at Nordstrom's. Some friends of mine however ...

For instance, we had a friend who lost his job because the company suddenly closed. He was on unemployment. Okay, fine. He wasn't really job hunting at all. His girlfriend was 8 months pregnant. (They've had the child since this.) We went over once to hang out and he'd just purchased two new pairs of shoes, some cologne, etc. It infuriated me! I couldn't stop talking to my husband about it. Same friend's mother told him NOT to accept the job my husband gave him because he "needed to be home with the baby" and he "still had months of unemployment left." Seriously?!! Way to promote active lifestyles! Way to show his newborn daughter (& I know she doesn't process this stuff yet) that daddy was a LOSER when she was born! Blah.

Anyway, that pissed me off. My brother and my husband's brother are both stupid financially too.

Other than that ... I don't really judge too much. Obviously if I read something someone wrote or hear them say something I can't help but think, "Wow, what an idiot." But not quite as judgmental with this as other things
KEmery08 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-30-2009, 02:46 AM   #5  

S/C/G: 74.4kg/58.8kg/54kg

Height: 161cm/5ft 3 1/2 in

@ Kemery: Yes, I feel the same about this kind of things - there is plenty people like this in my environment, too, and I sometimes feel like I really need to hold it in.

Then, there is hypocracy: A colleague was long term sick recently and another one thought she was skiving. She went on and on about it. When she was tired of helping out she decided to pull a sickie herself just because "S can do it". She even admitted to not being ill, just "not bothered".

Stella
Stella is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-30-2009, 09:21 AM   #6  
Master Water Retainer

S/C/G: 205/ticker/140

Height: 5'6"

I judge smokers a lot, in particular people who smoke around their children or who complain about having no money but buy a pack of cigarettes every day.

I only started being really judgmental about it when I quit smoking, which is stupid since obviously the relationship to cigarettes is different for all people and some people probably have a significantly harder time quitting than I did. But still, I somehow got all superior about it in my head. I hate it, but I can't really help it. But because I quit, some part of my head doesn't accept cigarettes as a serious addiction (even though I know logically that they are).
RubyGuggenheim is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-30-2009, 09:27 AM   #7  

S/C/G: HW/232 SW 215/ CW 133/GW 120's

Height: 5.7 and 1/2

Love, LOVE this thread.

Lets see...I am judgmental about people that keep messy houses or messy yards, smokers, folks that lack education by choice, laziness in general, freeloaders and anyone that steals. I also detest crybabies and those that use excuses way too frequently rather than admitting their lack of ambition to accomplish xyz.

I am sure there is a whole host of other issues...LOL...in fact, I think I HAVE the issue rather than the rest of the world in reality...

Thanks for posting this..
Thighs Be Gone is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-30-2009, 09:30 AM   #8  
Don't Stop Me Now!

S/C/G: 205/177/145

Height: 5-10

I am very judgmental about grammar and spelling and punctuation - about bad writing or incorrect speech in general, really. I joke about being the grammar ****, but it truly has a huge impact on my opinion of someone.

(This is a little bit okay, though, because I'm a writer and I work as a copyeditor...so I get paid to be persnickety!)
sharongracepjs is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-30-2009, 10:44 AM   #9  
Brighter than the moon!

S/C/G: 220/ticker/145

Height: 5'4

I'm kind of a b*tch sometimes. I won't deny that I'm judgmental, and there's a long list.

- smokers are top on that list. My mother and grandmother died of lung cancer and I'm uber judgemental of people who still smoke and who say "oh, it doesnt kill you" (I have a co-worker like this)

- the financial stuff like Kmerey and Stella said - I have a friend who'll only buy designer stuff and spends thousands of dollars on clothes and wouldn't even THINK to stoop and by something from Express or a non-Nordstrom brand - she once showed me a picture of a $300 blazer and was like ISN'T THIS A GOOD DEAL. I was like I could buy a whole new ward drobe for $300...

- people who complain, complain, complain but don't do anything about it. I work with this one girl who's gained 30 lbs. And that's all she complains about. But does she change the way she eats? No. Does she exercise? No.

There are a lot of other things that I don't say out loud because I realize they're mean and that I shouldn't voice these things. But god they're there. And I hate that. HATEHATEHATE it.

But, like Icon, I can be too forgiving of some people to the point where I can be a human doormat. I guess I have an equal balance?

I really am a nice person...
stellarosa27 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-30-2009, 12:04 PM   #10  

S/C/G: 273/260.1/163

Height: 5'7"

I am definitely judgmental as well!

I have an old friend who is unemployed, has 3 kids, lives in her parents basement with her husband who couldn't get a job so her dad hired him. She owns more designer things than I do, and I have quite a bit of disposable income. Her (and her mother) get credit cards, max them out and never pay them off. She's on her second car, her first one was repo'ed!

Cheap people, I have people who on a daily basis will fight with me for 20 cents off!!

Certain poor people, the ones who don't clean their houses, or take care of themselves and who don't get jobs because welfare exists.

People who think they are better than everyone else, because clearly they are not.

I think thats all I can think of right now..

sharon - I have no concept of correct grammar in English, I went to an all french school, so mine is probably pretty bad!

-Aimee
SwimGirl is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-30-2009, 12:46 PM   #11  

S/C/G: 192/166/150

Height: 5'11"

I am super judgmental of people who buy things they can't afford. (There's actually a pretty funny SNL skit about a debt reduction book called "Don't Buy Things You Can't Afford") Credit cards are perhaps at once the best and worst invention ever. I worked with a company in West Virginia that helped to repair and fix up people's houses who couldn't afford renovations of their own. One of the families I worked for had a TV and cable. In NO way is TV a necessity. It drove me crazy that they wouldn't pay for repairs to their damaged ceilings (water dripped in throughout the house) but continued to pay for cable and electricity for the TV!
PiedPiper is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-30-2009, 02:21 PM   #12  

S/C/G: 264.5/177/165

Height: 5"5

I don't think I'm particularly judgmental unless it's something that I consider to be extreme or if it's something that people do over and over again... I get really irritated!

I don't have a problem with people being unemployed, but I can't stand people who can't be bothered to get a job and are unemployed just to abuse the welfare system and get their benefits.

Designer clothes don't really bother me either and I can understand why a lot of people buy them, I would never personally only get designers but it's down to the person. The only reason I ever get annoyed is when they can't afford the designer lifestyle, they're walking around with a £1000 Ballenciaga bag , £200 Chanel sunglasses, £150 7 jeans and £50,000 debt on credit cards.

I don't mind smoking either unless the person is smoking weed, and it doesn't bother me for them to smoke it every so often but when it's almost every day it makes me wonder what's wrong with the person. Only because people who smoke all the time complain about being broke and not being able to see their friends when it's because they're smoking a few joints a day! grrr

Oh and lastly, girls who prioritise men they're seeing over their friends, especially when it's guys who come in the girls life for about a week or 2 and then go away and never come back. I know a girl who drops me and our other good friend the minute she meets a man, and the worst thing is we're her closest friends.
SoulSurvivor is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-30-2009, 02:30 PM   #13  
Tellin' it like it is!

S/C/G: RESTART:153.5/147/135

Height: 5'4"

Not trying to casue a fight or ruin anyones fun, so PLEASE dont take this the wrong way!!!
"Who am I to JUDGE or STRIKE YOU down??""
I am no better than anyone else, and ive made some pretty poor choices in my life, and i have no right to look down on anyone else....
Just food for thought....
mkroyer is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-30-2009, 02:35 PM   #14  
Don't Stop Me Now!

S/C/G: 205/177/145

Height: 5-10

Haha, SwimGirl, I suppose that's a reasonable excuse! ;D
sharongracepjs is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-30-2009, 02:38 PM   #15  
Brighter than the moon!

S/C/G: 220/ticker/145

Height: 5'4

Quote:
Originally Posted by mkroyer View Post
Not trying to casue a fight or ruin anyones fun, so PLEASE dont take this the wrong way!!!
"Who am I to JUDGE or STRIKE YOU down??""
I am no better than anyone else, and ive made some pretty poor choices in my life, and i have no right to look down on anyone else....
Just food for thought....
See, I COMPLETELY agree with you - which is why I try not to "voice" my judgements - I keep quiet about them. But I still have them, and that's the part I don't like.
stellarosa27 is offline   Reply With Quote