Closed Thread

Old 07-03-2002, 08:21 PM   #1  

Angry I thought I'd introduce myself...

How is everyone? My name is Nicole I first started WW last May but went off because I found it put too many restrictions on me so I begn to count calories and didn't see results. I am now back on WW and have decided to start over on Monday (probably more like Saturday) I have found the past couple days that I hardly eat at all but only have one point left total for the day...has/does that happen to any of you? I really need help/motivation to stay OP and any help would be greatly appreciated! TIA!
Old 07-04-2002, 12:43 AM   #2  

I find that the only restrictions OP are the ones a person mistakingly puts upon themselves. I think That the WW program is the most flexable program out there, that alows a person to eat the way that they are accustomed to. It just makes you more aware of what you have been eating. My brother discovered when he started the program that he was eating what amounted to 2 days worth of food a day...and that was just a noraml day when he thought he was watching what he was doing. I have been back on program for about 3.5 weeks and am down about 15#. I eat out a lot, and sometimes find it hard to get all my points in. If you are having trouble running out of points...journal everyday for a week, strictly, and look to see where they are going...probably little things that have a nasty habit of sneaking up on you :-)
Good luck..and remember stay with it ....it really works (I am a lapsed lifer on my way back down).

-Nate

147 - currently
174 - goal
Old 07-04-2002, 10:39 AM   #3  

Hey Nicole, been there done that. I have been doing ww for 4 weeks now and just lost my first 10 pounds. I can remember that first week- I felt so deprived- giving up the foods that I truly cherish. My mental attitude before the next weigh in was " If I didn't lose this week, I'm quitting" Well, lo and behold, I lost 5.8 lbs! I started feeling after that meeting, hey ther might be something to all this. I reviewed my journals, and was really looking at the quality of what I was eating. I started to plan, and to use my points more wisely- so I could have to most food I possibly can have. I started to read labels! I've never did that before- that was for health freaks! Well, I'm truly far from being a health freak, obviously, but I feel I've really accomplished something. I am breaking down the barriers in my head, the little voice that says you look fine, your just big boned, you don't have health problems, you don't want to give up the foods you love, etc.... My favorite thing that I always told myself was: "If I get hit by a bus tomorrow, I will be totally pissed if I was on a diet!"
Well, I know that I have just started this journey, and really am not in a position to give advise, but you sounded so much like me. I will tell you- at least with me- it did get better. I started to get less hungry all the time. I don't crave the sweets ( as much, I'm not dead yet!) My mental attitude is better because I'm seeing this thing work! I hope it can work for you too. Just trust in the program. Take care of yourself- and don't stress!

Kelly

starting weight: 251.8
current weight: 241.0
goal weight: not sure yet
Old 07-04-2002, 12:43 PM   #4  

congrats on the first 10 Kelly!!!!!! Nicole - as kelly said it does get better, the first week is always the hardest...buit after that you will find yourself getting into a pattern. Like Kelly said, read the labels, you will be surprised at what you find, and you will also discover that there are a lot of wonderful products out there that can help you feel less deprived (can we all say THANK YOU to splenda!) I know know one thing that really helps me, at least in the first few weeks....weigh and measure everything, you will be shocked at what a cup of cereal is or 3oz of chicken....after a while your eyes will know what to do but until then trust a food scale, it is your friend ......Good luck, happy losing....... and welcome to the journey.

-Nate
Old 07-05-2002, 01:02 AM   #5  

Welcome,
I can give one word of adivice is SAVE! Save the points so you can eat that thing you love! I make it a point to plan in my most desired food somewhere in the week. So I will bank points just so I can have a big serving of steak or whatever once a week. That keeps me from totally giving up on it. Another way I stay OP is to get my favorite foods in the "lIte" category. I love hot dogs but am not willing to give up 5-6 points just for the dog (without bread no-less)! SO I buy the boars head lite (yummy) and when I can find the lite buns I have a 3 point hotdog on the bun when I can't find a bun even better it goes to 2.5 each on a slice of lite bread LOL. It is all do-able if you just set your mind to it! Good luck and welcome
Old 07-05-2002, 07:21 PM   #6  

Thank you guys so much! And just like I said I'm starting Saturday and not Monday...I really don't like allowing myself to eat all this food because I'm not on a diet at the moment...I seem to be happier when I'm being careful and am on a diet. I won't be saying that in about 3 or 4 days but oh well lol
Closed Thread