General Diet Plans and Questions General diet questions, support for various diet plans other than those listed below.

Closed Thread

Old 07-03-2002, 05:40 PM   #1  
Each Bite of Sugar...

Talking OT - Baby Update for Ladybug's Mommy

We took dd in for her 4 month checkup today. She weighs 17 lbs, 2 ounces and is 26 inches long... 95th percentile all around!!

My big girl - maybe if we start saving for basketball camp now, we won't have to save for college later... and then she can support us with her WNBA salary. LOL!!!

Have a great 4th!!

Old 07-09-2002, 03:55 PM   #2  

S/C/G: 308/238/164

Height: 5'5.5"

Talking Hi Lisa

I have a 4 month old also! She turned four months yesterday and has her "well baby" appt. tomorrow. Mine is also a big one!

I had PID (Preganancy Induced Diabetes).
Ended up having to check my blood sugar 6x's a day and injecting sulin 3 x's a day into my stomach! It was terrible, espeically since I have such a "Needle phobia" (That's what the Doctor called it when I starting bawling, after being told I would have to do this). But I am fine now and so is baby. Funy thing is, she's my 3rd, but the first regarding the diabetes.

She weighed 9.7 lbs and was 22" long! I'll check in after her appt. on Wednesday and tell ya how big she is now.
Old 07-09-2002, 04:51 PM   #3  
Each Bite of Sugar...

My dd was 10 pounds 4 ounces but only 20.5 inches long at birth. I also had Gestational Diabetes and had to inject massive amounts of insulin myself, but only twice a day. I had to do the sugar check 4 times... but I have to admit, I skipped it whenever I could. My fingers hurt so badly by the end of my pregnancy.

I was okay with the shots. My tummy was completely numb by the time I had to do that so they rarely actually hurt. My dh could not watch me even fill the syringe without getting light headed... poor guy.

But, baby was totally healthy and is doing great. I'll be anxious to hear how yours is doing, too, at her 4 month check!
Old 07-11-2002, 01:30 AM   #4  

S/C/G: 308/238/164

Height: 5'5.5"

Hi Lisa,

Well my poor baby got her shots today . The sites were really red and sensitive. It's weird because she got the same 4 at her 2 month appointment and didn't have this reaction. I gave her some Tylenol and she finally fell asleep. I think a few other things factored in. I think the band aids that they put on had something to do with it, because once I removed them, within 15 minutes the redness started going away. And I think she may have also had gas.

The doc said she's a wonderfully healthy 17lb 14oz baby that is 26 1/4" long. She told me that she was off the charts! Oh well, what can ya do?
Closed Thread