Old 07-28-2009, 08:09 AM   #1  
Mining right right now...

S/C/G: 198/ticker/138

Height: 5'4

Default OT:anybody feeling that Miley Cyrus song

Never once was I a HannahMontana/Miley Cyrus fan and for the life of me I could never understand her hype. I was coming from the gym and I heard her song "The Climb" and I almost lost it. I guess by me coming from the gym I was already euphoric-out so that song brought it out more. I feel ashamed because I downloaded her song to my mp3. Hehe. Thought that was pretty funny just wanted to share.

Last edited by dymondndruff; 07-28-2009 at 08:10 AM.
dymondndruff is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-28-2009, 09:05 AM   #2  
yay short girls!

S/C/G: 128/ticker/110

Height: 5'0"

I love that song, seriously!! it reminds me that there's "always gonna be another battle, sometimes I'm gonna have to lose" - helps me not feel too guilty when I slide off program.
minitwinkie is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-28-2009, 10:33 AM   #3  

S/C/G: 273/260.1/163

Height: 5'7"

I listen to it about 20 times a day at work, at first I hated it... but you can't listen to something that many times a day and not begin to like it! And she should be making good music, she's got enough money to have people create songs that'll appeal to the masses!

-Aimee
SwimGirl is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-28-2009, 12:51 PM   #4  
Pure American Metal

S/C/G: 245/see ticker/145

Height: 5 ft 7.5 in

Not my style of music really.

However, I don't listen to anything unless there is a chance the person who is performing actually wrote the lyrics, and if they wrote the music even better.

Last edited by TXJess; 07-28-2009 at 01:05 PM.
TXJess is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-28-2009, 01:18 PM   #5  
Mining right right now...

S/C/G: 198/ticker/138

Height: 5'4

def. not my style either but I guess the lyrics got to me. glad to see im not the only one though.
dymondndruff is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-28-2009, 01:27 PM   #6  
Don't Stop Me Now!

S/C/G: 205/177/145

Height: 5-10

First time I heard the song (against my will! I was at the grocery!) I thought to myself, "hmmm too bad those lyrics are wasted on someone with no talent" Her voice makes me feel like someone is attacking my ears with a cheese grater, but the philosophy of the song is sure inspiring.
sharongracepjs is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-28-2009, 01:35 PM   #7  
Pure American Metal

Quote:
Originally Posted by sharongracepjs View Post
Her voice makes me feel like someone is attacking my ears with a cheese grater
I have this feeling almost every time I turn on the radio in my car so the solution was to quit turning it on.

There are plenty of "pop" stars who can sing, but I've always wanted more depth. I want deep and disturbed lyrics, great music .. the whole package. The problem in my eyes is if you take away the vocals of most popular songs, the music all sounds the same.

But I'm completely bias and no one I know seems to like what I listen to other than my husband so take my opinion for what it's worth.
Old 07-28-2009, 01:49 PM   #8  

It's a wonderful song, but her voice ruins its for me. I've been hoping someone with actual talent would do a cover of it but I haven't found one yet....haven't really been looking though.
kswood87 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-28-2009, 02:49 PM   #9  
Queen Yo-yo

S/C/G: 185/169.2/135

Height: 5'4"

*shrugs* I think Miley Cyrus is a good singer.
I don't like her voice when she TALKS, lmao... but I don't mind her singing. And I think the climb is a really inspirational song... and it doesn't matter who sings it, but really whether the lyrics connect with you or not.
I've never listened to Garth Brooks in my entire life, but when my mom chose to have his song, "The Dance" as one of the songs at my stepdad's funeral... well, I completely broke down hearing it, because the lyrics were so perfect for their relationship.

But I'm one of those people who could be happily listening to Rammstein, switch the Miley Cyrus, then to Lil' Jon or T.I., then to Nickelback, Eve 6, then to Rihanna, then the Proclaimers then... Taylor Swift... literally ANYTHING, so. I don't understand why people feel the need to cut down certain artists as talentless because they don't happen to enjoy that STYLE of music. *shrug*

Last edited by Jelbb; 07-28-2009 at 02:53 PM.
Jelbb is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-28-2009, 03:39 PM   #10  
This is not a test.

S/C/G: 187/132/127.8

Height: 5'5''/165cm

yeah when i first heard it in the hannah montana movie i was like, hey this is kinda like weight loss. Then i went back to puking :P
Iconised Ghost is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-28-2009, 04:19 PM   #11  
Pure American Metal

I don't think she's talentless, I just want something more moving to me personal. I can respect the words and what they mean but without some really awesome instrumentation to back it up, it's lost on me.

I remember laying perfectly still on my bed with headphones on listening to Pink Floyd just crying because it's so freaking awesome. I've traveled all over the country just to see a handful of really amazing bands perform live.

So, while I don't think she and other pop stars are talentless, it's not worth it to me to spend my time or money on because history has shown (whether fair or not) that they are replaceable.

I didn't mean to hijack or anything however did want to clarify. I can respect all musicians in any form though there are only a few genre's that I am fanatical about.