Old 07-28-2009, 01:09 AM   #1  
No more excuses!

S/C/G: 265/234/150

Height: 5'7"

Default What do you eat for breakfast?

Howdy!

I need some ideas for healthy breakfast food. Regardless of what plan you follow, I'd be interested to hear your ideas. I need something FAST - as I am not a morning person and as horrible as it is to say, if it comes to sleeping another 15 minutes or cooking something, the snooze button will prevail when I'm half asleep.

I've been eating regular cereals, everything from sugary junk to Cheerios. I need some new ideas!

Thanks in advance!
Amberlyn is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-28-2009, 01:25 AM   #2  

Height: 5'11"

I'm not a morning person at ALL. I usually sit in front of the computer for 30 minutes with my tea and my breakfast before I can even think of getting in the shower, and forget cooking--I just won't cook in the morning!

I usually have a bowl of plain cheerios or cornflakes with a banana sliced on top for breakfast, or sometimes I might shake things up and get crazy with the raisin bran. Otherwise, I have a slice of 12-grain toast with peanut butter. I wash it all down with a huge mug of hot tea. That gets me through till mid-morning, and then I have a bar of some kind or maybe a piece of string cheese to get me through till lunch. I love toast and scrambled eggs, but I save that for suppers because I'm just not a morning chef!
Windchime is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-28-2009, 01:29 AM   #3  
one day at a time

S/C/G: 194/see ticker/150

Height: 5'6

speciaal k. berry flavor.

eggs.

fruit.

(my rooommate made me a big plate of french toast, scrambled eggs and these jumbo bacon strips the other day....I wanted to eat it so bad.
I did sneak 2 peices of bacon. )
MsDiana 08 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-28-2009, 01:58 AM   #4  
Moderating Mama

S/C/G: 295/200/175

Height: 5' 8"

Whole wheat low-carb tortilla, 1 tbsp natural peanut butter, wrap around a banana. Quick and portable!

If you have a little more time, you can make a light egg mcmuffin in 5 min. Toast a light english muffin, spray a small tupperware or bowl with cooking spray, put in 1/2 cup of egg white, egg sub, or one whole egg, beaten. Microwave on high 1 min, or until cooked through. Salt and pepper the eggs, place on the toasted muffin, and top with a slice of turkey. Protein-licious!
mandalinn82 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-28-2009, 07:55 AM   #5  

8 oz. plain Greek yogurt
6 ounces of strawberries
1 ounces plain wheat shredded wheat
Mix it up - totally yummy!
suefrommars is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-28-2009, 08:08 AM   #6  

S/C/G: 246/See Tracker/145

Fiber one yogurt, 1/2 cup fiber one cereal, banana
daisy5819 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-28-2009, 01:00 PM   #7  
One day at a time.

S/C/G: 255/see ticker/135-120

Height: 5'6"

I love shakes!

Crystal light Raspberry Lemonade,
Fat free vanilla yogurt,
3-4 frozen strawberries.

Mix in a blender!
Miss Mallee is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-29-2009, 08:34 AM   #8  

My morning staple is Fiber One Light Multigrain english muffins, each is 100 calories, has a fair amount of protein and fiber in them. I normally have this with a small piece of 2% cheese, and 2 slices of canadian bacon. I buy the little pre-cut 2% cheese slices and each slice is around 27 calories each. Each piece of the canadian bacon I buy is 20 calories each. Then I'll add in a hardboiled egg (70 calories) and some kind of fruit (apple, grapefuit, or blueberries are my staples).

Or I'll have a toasted english muffin with raspberry preserves, an egg, and fruit.

Kashi has high fiber flax seed strawberry waffles that I love. I normally have this with some light syrup and a slice or two of canadian bacon on the weekends.

Plaint oatmeal w/flax and a tablespoon of dark chocolate chips (mmmm) and fruit

And if I'm REALLY in a hurry, I'll grab a smartones egg & cheese muffin (they come frozen and each is about 270 calories), and fruit.
Deana is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-29-2009, 01:56 PM   #9  
Sandy....

S/C/G: 270/207.8/155

Height: 5'5

I like either whole grain waffles with fruit on top or a smoothie that I make. The store ones tend to have alot of sugar and of course other chemicals I don't need so I make mine.

I use 1/2 organic milk (no fat) 45 calories
1 organic smoothie small from Stoneyfarms 140 calores
Handful of berries
ice
8 almonds (for a little crunch & nutrients) 48 calories

Blend and enjoy. 133 calories (and low sugar)

Calorie total
mygritsconfessions is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-29-2009, 02:04 PM   #10  
Don't Stop Me Now!

S/C/G: 205/177/145

Height: 5-10

Oatmeal w/ peanut butter and banana
Oatmeal with yogurt and peaches/strawberries/bananas/whatever fruit I have, sometimes some granola if I have it
One egg/One egg white omelette with onions and veggies, plus a piece of whole-wheat toast with yogurt spread
Fiber One Light Multigrain english muffin with peanut butter

That's usually enough options to mix-and-match and keep me interested!
sharongracepjs is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-29-2009, 02:21 PM   #11  
funny mummy

S/C/G: 166/150/130

Height: 5ft 6"

i eat porrige! not particularly a fan of it, but its super good for you and it does the job. if you dont have much time, soak some oats in skimmed milk, in a bowl, in the fridge overnight, then in the morning just stick it in microwave, eat and your away! add any fruit you fancy.
Lilbert is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-30-2009, 12:55 AM   #12  
No more excuses!

S/C/G: 265/234/150

Thank you all! Tons of great ideas!
Amberlyn is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-30-2009, 01:10 AM   #13  
I can do anything!

S/C/G: 267/Ticker/150 & BAMF

Height: 5'9.5"

I'm boring. I'm never hungry in the morning so I want something quick that'll give me fiber and protein and get my metabolism going.

I eat a light 'n fit yogurt mixed in with 1/2 cup high fiber cereal (that depends on what looks good when I go shopping) and a handful of berries. It's sweet and filling .
ValRock is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-30-2009, 01:13 AM   #14  
~jus' being me~

I zap my porridge in the microwave while I am walking around grumbling that I have to go to work. When done I throw in some dried fruit and crushed brazil nuts.

Crushing the nuts is my fave part - I have them in ziplock snack baggies (so I can grab them for work snacks) and I smash them with the bottle that my supplements come in. Cathartic in dealing with the morning + it reminds me to take my supplements
Madison is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-31-2009, 08:38 PM   #15  
Lil' Old Chick

S/C/G: 229/206/150

Height: 5'4"

Steel oats with berries
or
1 egg and 1 piece of toast

every morning I have a soy smoothie with soymilk, flax, wheat germ, hemp powder and a banana. YUM
Me Too is offline   Reply With Quote