General Diet Plans and Questions General diet questions, support for various diet plans other than those listed below.

Closed Thread

Old 07-03-2002, 11:25 AM   #1  

Default Fat Flush Plan

I feel like I need a jumpstart on the next goal-

I've read about this Fat Flush plan and heard good things. I like the 2 week commitment as I can usually stay motivated that long...

So has anyone here tried it, what were your experiences with it? I found a sample menu on Ivillage and thought it sounded pretty healthy, even with the fad diet name, which I usually steer clear of.

Also might be looking for an online diet buddy...

Old 07-14-2002, 10:03 AM   #2  

I have never heard of this program. What are some of the specifics?
Old 07-14-2002, 12:26 PM   #3  

Is this the "two-week fat flush" in the book Beyond Pritikin?

If so, I have done this before. You will need to obtain some specific supplements as the plan I'm thing of eliminates all sources of trans fats and is rich in Omega-fats of every kind.

I did great for two weeks and thought I'd even go longer but couldn't stick with it - it was such a total change.
Old 07-15-2002, 07:38 PM   #4  
BIG ORANGE FOOTBALL RULES

CAFE

It's a new updated version of the original. She now has a new book out on the FAT FLUSH PLAN. I bought it and the read is easy and very understandable. I'm planning of giving it a whirl after my vacation next week. ANYTHING is possible for two weeks..and she gives you menus and such plus two more phases on this
totally HEALTHY WOE

BOB
Old 07-17-2002, 10:42 AM   #5  
WW Moderator

Sundrop, I have read some emails from a woman that has had great success with it. She also went on a European trip for a couple of weeks and ate terribly, but did her LifeLong cocktail everyday and didn't gain any weight. I was impressed! She is a long term dieter and this plan helps her. I think she does the cocktail every day even when she isn't following the 2 week plan. I bought the book but haven't read it yet.
Old 07-17-2002, 11:07 AM   #6  

Hello all......
I followed this plan last year and lost 70 pounds. It was very easy to follow except I did not drink the cranberry juice coctail. HATE cranberry juice! The first 2 weeks I lost 11 pounds.
Good luck to you all!
Old 07-17-2002, 01:54 PM   #7  
Chocoholic

Hi, im luckymom1. Im not familir with the fat flsh. i am takin Xenical, expensive. it is to flsh fat from yur food, too. Also, tkn Welbutrim. This helps control the urge to constantly eat. Im interested in this fat flsh. Whts the name of the bk and author? mayb it is what i need instead of the expensive stuff.
Old 07-17-2002, 04:45 PM   #8  

VERY interesting. I am counting WW points at the moment (no meetings, I'm just sort of freeform right now and got a bootleg pts finder) but if/when I am ready for a commitment to a regimen to detoxify AND boost weightloss I would totally try the two week thing again.

WW pts. are great cause you can eat anything, but I feel a bit concerned about eating chemical-laden food to make it easy to keep on track. Worry about working my liver overtime. But, it's what I feel I can handle at the moment MENTALLY and I'm starting on anti-oxidants to remove those toxins faster. It's got to be healthier than making excuses, with all the health risks of overweight.

I will look for that new book - it sounds like just my ticket. I think I may be ready in another month. I'm easing my poor weak mind into a long-term change as I have lots to lose.

Isn't it interesting how this plan and the Zone seem to mesh, overlap and compliment? I saw that Sears has a new book too, the Omega Zone. I do think they're on the right track.

Sundrop, Orange, tell us how you like it when you begin.
Old 07-24-2002, 07:04 PM   #9  

Wow, replies!

Well, I'm on day 4.

It's quite a challenging plan-
Here's the low-down

Phase 1
no refined sugar or artificial sweeteners (Stevia+ Ok)
No wheat or grains
No dairy
no caffeine
lean protein 8-12 ozs a day
unlimited non-starchy vegetables
2 servings of fruit
whey shakes
2 eggs
2 tbsp of flax seed oil
psyllium water mix morning and night
lots of unsweetened cranberry juice dilluted with water
GLA- evening primrose supplements
Oh and hot lemon water too.

moderate daily exercise.

It's a 2-4 week plan to detoxify your system-
phase 2 adds back in friendly carbs and low fat dairy

It's a trip. I was already on a moderate carb eating plan so losing the starches was easy, but dairy has been difficult, and my 6 cups of coffee a day had been very difficult to do without.

But I did lose 6 pounds in the first 3 days, and I haven't been hungry and perhaps for the first time in my life, I have no desire for sweets.
Old 07-27-2002, 12:04 AM   #10  
WW Moderator

Wow, what results! That is so nice to not have any cravings, eh??
Keep it up, and let us know how it is still going for you!
Old 07-27-2002, 04:36 PM   #11  
One day at a time. :)

S/C/G: 254/248/165

Height: 5'9"

Ok. My brain is stumbling over that list of things to NOT eat.

So, what DO you eat? I guess just about everything I eat has something in it I shouldn't be eating.

Can you give me an example of your daily meals?

Thanks,
Tiffany

P.S. Hi Cafe!!
Old 07-28-2002, 10:38 AM   #12  

Yeah it is restrictive so the 2-4 week duration is all about boredom setting in.

A real day meal plan for me is

long life cocktail- cran-water and psyllium- 8 ozs
hot lemon water 30 minutes before food
1 cup organic coffee

2 eggs scrambled- no oil or salt, possibly spelt bread toasted drizzled with flax seed oil

1/2 apple, celery

large salad with 4 ozs grilled chicken, any veggies lurking in fridge- home made dressing
apple cider vinegar, flax seed oil, stevia plus, mustard, garlic

designer whey protien smoothie with 1 cup of berries, lactaid milk 8 ozs
divide smoothie in half for after work out and afternoon snack.

other half apple of apple celery and carrot for snack while making dinner

fish cooked in low sodium broth, lots of fresh steamed veggies, more salad
1/2 cup of brown rice if I skipped the toast in the morning.

also 2 tbsp flax seed oil
evening primrose oil
64 ozs of cran-water throughout day

herbal tea sweetened with stevia plus for a treat
long life cocktail before bed

This is NOT by the book, I have taken some liberties, lactose free milk for instance and bread OR rice once a day which she recommends for athletes and pregnant or nursing women, I'm not in those groups but feel I need it intellectually.
I also take Saturdays off, not part of the plan but necessary for me.

at IVillage.com they have a lot of fat flush info including some sample menus.
The women who can stick with it lose huge amounts of weight and often find that they had food sensitivities that they were unaware of. I have been really evenly tempered all week and full of energy, it is remarkable. Yesterday we went to a big music festival and I ate small amounts of festival food, I came home and slept, woke up with a head ache and really bloaty. Ick.

Oh and I weighed in yesterday- I lost 9 pounds first week!
Now it should slow to 4-5 pounds a week untill I reintroduce dairy and other "friendly" carbs.
Old 07-29-2002, 12:28 AM   #13  
WW Moderator

Thanks for posting this! I would love to read more menus, if you think you have time to post more in the future. Congrats on the 9 pounds!!
Old 07-29-2002, 12:19 PM   #14  

All about Fat Flush

http://www.ivillage.com/diet/feature..._13884,00.html

There is a link on this page to a sample menu and the support BBS, you can lurk and read about the success and frustrations of this way of eating.
Old 07-29-2002, 07:21 PM   #15  
GARDENING ADDICT

WOW. I just heard her on the radio yesterday morning while driving to work. It sounds interesting.Today I read some more info on it at iVillage. It sounds like there is some info in the book that would be helpful for all diets, but I would like more info. I was thinking of looking at the book to find out what exactly is in the cocktails, etc. I am glad to see that you don't have to have the 1/2 grapefruit; that there are some substitutes.

Since I'm low carbing it right now, I would not mind giving this a try. At least to flush out my system and get a jump start.Please keep posting more info. Thanks, Sundrop.
Closed Thread