Weight Loss Support Give and get support here!

Closed Thread

Old 07-02-2002, 08:41 PM   #1  
burned out bus driver

Default Stay at home Mom's #52

Welcome!!!!
Welcome to a thread full of encouragement, support, and humor as we share our lives, restore our health, lose weight and raise a family! Welcome to all newcomers and also to our regulars!!

Be sure to go back to SAHM's thread #51 to catch up on what has been happening in everyone's lives.

Ginny

Old 07-02-2002, 08:47 PM   #2  
burned out bus driver

Hi!
Yes, I like this quick reply feature too!!!!!!!!
Sassy and Spryng posted at the tail end of thread #51. Sassy reminded me that we have not heard from Judy or Latisia in a while. Sure hope that they are doing ok!

Once again I had a so so day with eating. This lousy hot weather is awful......... and I have been drinking so much. Tons and tons of sun tea!!!!! ( I could down the whole bottle of it myself in one day). But at least it has no sugar.

Well, Dd wants me to read a book to her......so I had better scoot.
See ya later.
Ginny
Old 07-03-2002, 12:08 AM   #3  

Latisia posts mostly on the exercise thread in tae bo. She pm's me from time to time. It seems she was busy getting ready for her move last time we spoke.
I don't know about Judy but I was curious too. And about Jen also.

Spryng I'm here for ya! pm me or email me anytime. I'll give it my best shot to keep ya motivated.
I think I'm gonna stick to the fruit for awhile tho. It is really doing the trick. Seems the last time I did Adkins I felt so bloated and constipated and yuck. The fruit is making me feel pretty light. Which is v. good in this heat. BTW. I love CCR .
I grew up listening to them. Which song did you learn?

Ginny I'll ask my DH about places to stop on |95. That's up his alley. I've never been there. Good for you to get out and walk! I'm proud. It's been so miserable. We got out for this mornin' to pick blackberries and rhubarb then jumped in the creek because it was so hot & humid. I'd agree with you and Spryng. The slimfast seemed to do nothing for me either. Oh and thanks for starting the new thread

Sassy, sorry you are feeling so bad. I totally sympathize. It's like having another personality. I won't say what my DH calls me . But it's so rough with lil ones when they go on and on and all you want is to grasp a thought of your own for one moment. I'll tell ya what helps me regroup. First I switch to decaf tea of coffee, either I drink both. Then I get up befoe everone else and sit on the porch. Sometimes I'll read or write a letter to my Mam~maw. But generally I just zone out. Anyhow, here's {{{{{{HUGS}}}}}} for ya. Hang in there.

SO I decided to bike everyother day and I'm gonna try and work in a dance tape somewhere. My girls love that. I did well today and added a portion of protein to the fruit. It was great.

I need to hit the hay. Hope I didn't forget anyone.
nighty nite!
Old 07-03-2002, 01:12 AM   #4  
One day at a time.

Hi ladies,

Thanks to everyone for the condolences, it's been a rough week! I'm doing OK? I guess? So much for Dh and I having quality time, I haven't even had ME time, and I sure need it. Ds will be home some time next week, and my Dm is coming for a visit. So I'll be busy this week, trying to get everything cleaned!!!! So, that will keep my mind busy anyway!

I'm doing ok with my eating, but I haven't exercised in a week. It's kinda hard to do anything when you're traveling? I did buy a Yoga DVD on Sunday, and I'm looking forward to trying that. Any physical activity would be good at this point! Oh, my WW meeting was tonight, and I made my original goal for June! I lost 3.4 lbs. this week, for a total of 15.8 lbs. !!! I was so excited, and shocked! Now I need to set a new mini goal?

Sorry I haven't been addressing everyone, with all that's going on, I'm lucky to remember who I am! But things are improving, and so shall I!!!!

Have a good night!
Old 07-03-2002, 10:05 AM   #5  

S/C/G: 178/see ticker/113

Height: 5'3

Good morning ladies!

Misty I learned CCR's Who'll Stop The Rain. It's very easy. The chords are G C Em D and that's it. Very easy to learn and it sounds great! I was very impressed. I also learned Lying Eyes byt the Eagles. It's not that I HATE CCR it's just that my dad loves them and that was the basic music I listened to growing up and am really burnt out on it. Do you still play guitar? (I'm thinking it was you that said you played)

Well girls I think I'm going to stick to this diet. Down 4 lbs this morning!!! I know it is water but that's ok to me. I'm at 137 today. Only 12 more lbs to go now. I really think I'll stick with this until I hit that goal. Today will be the real test for me though. Yesterday I really wanted to cheat so badly. I went to my parents house because we had grilled steaks the night before so I thought I'd make a dinner out of leftover meat and I did but I really wanted their macaroni salad, baked beans and chocolate pudding. I almost caved and then my little sister (15) who was putting on some weight came out of her room wearing her size 5 jeans again and was so proud of her self for losing some 10-12 lbs. (A very big deal to a teenager) When I saw how elated she was I knew I needed to stick to my plan. I think in 12 more days I should be really close to me goal and my size 8's loose on me. That is heaven to think about. So I stuck to my guns and ate grilled steak for dinner. Today though will be harder. But maybe not since I am starting out with a great attitude this morning after weighing in. It won't be unitl tonight that I hit ketosis, so I'll battle with nausea and hunger until then. Day two washes all the glucogen out of your system and it's easy for your body to feel ill. But it's a good thing that the glucogen gets washed out because as soon as it does it's dieting nirvana!! No hunger pains and rapid weight loss. tomorrow will be a good day. More energy and I should see another loss. 1-2 lbs.
Anyway, thanks Misty for saying you are there for me and that I can PM you anytime. If I start to feel weak I certainly will. Have you lost anything on your fruit diet yet? Now that you are around 125 what is your goal weight? 120? 115? Whatever it is I hope you achieve it. My goal for now is 125 but I'm honestly thinking about trying for 120 so that I have a bumper. What do you think? Stats for my heighth and build say anything from 115 to 140 is normal for me. You and I are the same heighth what is your build? mine is medium. But the more weight I lose it may become small. I'll recheck it later.
Well, I'm taking my daughter (2 1/2) to the doctor today. Seems she has developed a hernia on her lower right groin area that bothers her from time to time. Does anyone know what a pediatrician will do about this. It has protruded twice now and really hurts her when it does. I'm worried that they might want to do surgery and the idea of that scares me so bad. has anyone had any experiance with this??
I'll check back in later.
Old 07-03-2002, 10:57 AM   #6  

Good Morning!!!

Congratulations MEL! WTG!!!!! Keep it up girl. I do hope you get some DH & me time in soon. Even if it is only a half hour or so. Every second can count in times like these. And I'm way proud of ou for being so strong thru all the hard times you have been thru here recently.

I'm not sure what weight I'm shooting for here Spryng. I'm happy with everything but the saddle bags. Ya know what I mean? Tummy is flat, face is thinner, arms look good, it's just my thighs and hind quarters. It is so frustrating. And no matter how much I bike it doesn't get better. That must be where I am storing my fat.
Yeah I do play some, I'm pretty limited tho. My DH is the real picker in this family. He is v. good and picks things up by ear so fast. He was playing Dave Matthews Band last night (Crash) and it was the first time he ever heard them!
I had a friend whos DS had the surgery for a hernia. It was pretty simple. He was only a few moths old too. Let us know what the doc says okay?
Good luck today. I know you can do this. Stick to it. And remember, nothing tastes as good as being thin feels right?

Okay I gotta get. My day is v. full. I have tons of housework to do.
Old 07-03-2002, 11:39 AM   #7  
Searching for Motivation

Morning all

Thanks for the uplifting words Misty - it seems that all I really need to do on days like yesterday's are just curl up in a ball and go to sleep. Today I'm feeling much better even though TOM still hasn't come. BTW, I absolutely LOVE Dave Matthews and am seeing him in concert Sept. 1 with dh. If my dh could play him on any instrument, I'd probably melt - so you're a lucky girl in my opinion

I'm excited because we're taking the girls to a minor, minor league baseball game tonight and they have a dog that will do all kinds of tricks throughout, like retrieve the balls, bats and get water for the players. Plus there will be fireworks tonight and they love fireworks! The only potential problem is that that game starts at 6pm, it's more than 1 hr away, my dh has to work and has had a very heavy week so far (he's a UPS driver and I never know when he's gonna be home). Hopefully he'll be done early enough that we don't miss too much if any at all (cross your fingers).

As for tomorrow (the 4th), it's my Gram's 89th birthday. This birthday is very special because she made it through her recent surgery very well and is doing great. My parents are having a huge cookout and practically all the family will be there. I just love these gatherings cause first, they don't happen all that often and second, we're a big game-paying family and there'll be volleyball, badminton, softball, board games, cards, etc. It should be a lot of fun but also a lot of temptation! Send me your "Don't eat that - it's bad for you!" vibes and I should be able to make it -lol!

Have a great 4th and I'll talk to you all later
Old 07-03-2002, 10:04 PM   #8  
burned out bus driver

Good evening,

Michele- sounds like that fruit diet is working for you. I sure hope that it shows up on the scale for you!!!! Thanks for the update on Latisia- I have little time to check other threads. Did you get your dance tape in?

Sassy- so glad that you are feeling better! You have a really fun sounding weekend on tap- between the bb game and the family cookout. Enjoy!!!!

Spryng- Congrats on the 4 # loss!!!!!! (the eternal weight loss mascot that you are!). Your will power amazes me, and I hope that you ended up the day as well as it sounded.
What did the Dr say about Dd's hernia???

Mel- glad that you checked in, we love hearing from you no matter what! Congrats on the weight loss!!! A total of 15.8# is awesome!!!!!!! Thanks for being an inspiration to us all.

Still busy getting ready for this trip (and the kids were vicious crabs.....can I go away without them???? I know that was mean......had to vent). Did some last minute shopping this afternoon. I might just get a walk in this evening after I sign off.
Gotta go get some more information for the trip. See ya tomorrow!
Ginny
Old 07-04-2002, 06:31 AM   #9  

S/C/G: 242/199/160

Height: 5' 5"

HAPPY 4th Gals!

Well, let's see how my memory is this early in the a.m. Ginny: Have you got that bladder trained to hold all those liquids for your long trip?
Hope that everyone gets along on the trip for you. How do you think that you'll handle the heat in FL? Maybe the humidity w/b more tolerable for you. Misty: Thanks for the update on Latisia, I was wondering what happened to her! I sure hope she checks in with us one of these days. As for your fruit diet: This is the part of the Fit For Life that I think really helps me, as this is all I eat from 8:00 p.m. 'til 12:00 noon the next day & it's so cleansing, if you know what I mean! I kind of staggered from my program for a few weeks & I felt so uncomfortable & now that I'm back OP, I can notice the difference already! Oh! BTW: Can I come join you on your porch? Too bad we can't be neighbors, as I like to sit on my porch too! I've included our older cat in my "Me" time lately because she feels a little left out with the new kitty. Mel: I'm sorry to hear that you are not able to get any "Me" time for yourself. It's so important to get it, so try & slow down a bit & maybe mention to your family members that you need just a few minutes of a break from everyone, okay? Enjoy your time with your DM. Congrats on your nearly 16# loss! This is how much weight that I just recently lost since Easter, and I believe that the 16th # was just the pound that I needed to lose for everyone else to start noticing how much weight that I lost. Are you going to take your DM camping at all? Spryng:Congrats on your 4# loss! Keep being our Mascot, as I need a little incentive to get me going on the weightloss journey again. I need to start peddlin' again to give me the jump-start that I need. As for your family: It sounds as though you are getting along better with your parents again. How's your brother doing? I sure hope that everything goes well with your dd's hernia procedure & that she's feeling back to herself in no time. I've heard that it's a quite simple procedure, but I guess it c/b different depending on each person. Sassy: I hope that your dh was able to get out of work at a reasonable time to get to the ball game early enough. I used to be a letter carrier for the P.O. & I know all about those days of pushing out all the mail/packages before all the holidays & having to work OT. Let us know how the game went. Enjoy spending time with your Gram on her 89th Birthday. Mine lived to be 88 & I miss her dearly at times. Have fun playing all those games! WELL GALS, I'M STARTING TO FEEL TIRED AGAIN, SO I THINK I'LL TRY GOING BACK TO BED FOR A FEW HOURS. ENJOY THE HOLIDAY, EVERYONE!

Last edited by Freckles; 07-04-2002 at 06:38 AM.
Old 07-04-2002, 09:28 AM   #10  

Jackie that sounds great! I'd love some intelligent conversation! I like your fit for life program. I'm actually kinda considerig getting on it. I really need an exact plan to follow. I'm a creature of routine if you know what I mean. I'm having trouble getting my hands on the materials tho. Where did you get yours? I hope to get into the city soon and look at the Books-A-Million store. But yeah, I reallknow what you mean by the cleansing.

Ginny so glad to hear from you! And WTG on getting your walk in. I'm impressed with this heat! I asked DH about the stops on |95, he said it had been years and he was single then so he didn't have much to offer. Sorry. I hope your crabs lighten up and can have some fun... you deserve a good time.

Sassy hope you had a great time at the ball game. It sounds like loads of fun. We use to go to the Cinci Reds games when I lived in Ohio. We were all big fans. I miss those days.

Happy 4th everyone! Hope you all have a safe and great holiday! And can stay OP!
Old 07-04-2002, 12:50 PM   #11  

Good morning all!
Well my dd definitely has a hernia and needs surgery. We go to the surgeon for a consultation next thursday. It really scares me. I've been doing alot of research on it today and what scares me the most is that yes it is a simple procedure but most problems and complications stem from the anestesia (sp?) and that scares me so much. What if something goes wrong?? I can't think about it right now...
Thanks for asking about my brother Jackie. He is doing pretty good. I saw him yesterday. He's getting back on his feet and enjoying his family again. Mom and Dad still aren't speaking to him but they aren't trying to get any form of visitation either so that is progress. But eventually they are going to have to speak to one another.
Well girls I once again changed diets. I became ill last night and was shaking all over and very weak and decided my body had enough. I viewing it as a jumpstart. I had regular carbs for dinner and felt much better afterwards. My headache went away and I felt 100% better. Sometimes I can do atkins and sometimes my body says "no!" But I found a really handy thing on the web. If anyone is interested check out webmd.com and sign up for their nutrition and fitness journal. It is awesome. Really helps track your weight and what you eat plus exercise and such and gives great tips for losing weight and such. I'm in love. I found it while checking out hernias. It's free and really neat. If anyone checks it out tell me what you think. I normally use fitday but I think this one is better. But now I'm just going to use what works. Maybe doesn't get off 5 lbs a week but at least 2, low cal. I had a leftover slimfast bar for breakfast and took our some chicken for dinner to thaw. Lunch is a mystery at the moment. lol I'm only going to weigh in on thursdays from now on and hopefully I see a nice change this time next week. Slow and steady this time. I don't know why I feel so over whelmed sometimes when I see what I weigh. I feel like I need it off right then and there so I go severe. I need to take it easy this time. 1 lb at a time. 1 day at a time.
Well girls I have a house screaming for some attention and some kids to feed lunch. CUL8R
Old 07-04-2002, 02:54 PM   #12  

It's me again! I just wanted to let you know that I did it!! I put in my exercise tape and did it!!! It's been so long for me that the low impact aerobics wore me out half way through. I use to do the second half of the tape with weight training and high impact. Whew! It's going to be awhile until I do that one again. But I'm so proud that I got some exercise in. My eating has been great today too. The slimfast for breakfast, large glass of water and lunch was left over veg. rice with a tiny piece of baked chicken. I was going to have some baby carrots with it but I discovered they had "grown" into a monster in my crisper I guess I'll go shopping tonight. But I'm elated right now. Just wanted to share it with the rest of you. Off now to update my online journal. CUL8R
Old 07-04-2002, 10:14 PM   #13  
burned out bus driver

Good evening,
Well, this is going to be short- we are leaving in 5 hours for our trip so I had better get some sleep.
Hope that everyone has a great 2 weeks- we expect to be back around the 16th or so. (and the way I am feeling they can all go and I will stay home). Dh got all over my case for cleaning (made it sound as though I never clean) so needless to say, I am not a very happy camper.

Oh well......sounds as though there is some healthy eating going on out there!! Spryng- I hope that your new eating plan keeps you feeling good. WTG on the excercise.

Jackie- good for you losing 16 #. I did not realize you had lost that much! Congrats!!!

Michele- I hear ya with needing a routine to follow. Hope that you will find a program that is comfortable for you.

Gotta go . I am going to miss all of you a lot while I am gone. Thanks for letting me vent tonite.
Have a great 2 weeks!
Ginny
Enjoy
Old 07-05-2002, 02:15 AM   #14  
One day at a time.

Hi everyone, I hope you all had a happy and safe 4th ! I'm doing fine, other than it's my TOM, and I feel blah! Doing good with my eating, and I even did my exercise video yesterday! Dh and I spent the day at a local state park, then went for dinner with some friends. I even stayed in my points range, at the low end actually, and I'm very proud of that! We went to a Mexican res. and I didn't have any chip, and they were drinking margaritas, but I didn't have any of that either! I feel I'm getting so much stronger, in the will power dept.!!!!

Ginny, have a wonderful time!!!

Spryng, I hope you're feeling much better!

Thanks Jackie, and congrats to you too! I've had a few comments about my loss too! Doesn't it feel so great!!!! I don't know if my Dm will want to go camping, she's a city type but I may take her, just to show her around?

Well good night, I think I'm gonna turn in!
Old 07-05-2002, 10:29 AM   #15  

Melissa congrats on staying OP yesterday!! That is a great feeling isn't it?
I did pretty good yesterday. I've yet to calculate my cals for the day. I'm off to do that right now. I'm thinking about getting in some running today. I may go to the track and do a couple of laps with my little sister (15). She enjoys things like that.
Anyway, I guess I'll check back in later!
Closed Thread