Old 07-24-2009, 08:16 AM   #1  

S/C/G: 223/213/199

Height: 5'6"

Default 30 Something's Daily Chat: T.G.I.F. 07/24

Mornin' ladies!

I don't know about you but I think I could use a ...the weather is absolute crap here! It's a bit depressing!

Ummm...HELLO mother nature...I need some Vit. D dammit! Where's the sun?!?!

Okay...vent over.

DH and I are busy again this weekend...

I'm going wedding dress shopping with one of my best friends. She and her fiancé are in their early to mid-40s and they just got engaged at the end of June. This is the first engagement for both of them...it's so exciting! It took us some time, but we FINALLY convinced her to go try some dresses on...she has a bit of an aversion to wedding dresses...so a little torture is in order!
I had an awesome time searching for my dress 2 1/2 yrs ago...

Other than that...friends bday party tomorrow night and then Sunday is housecleaning day! I went home and did 4 loads of laundry last night so that I wouldn't have to do any this weekend.

DH had a hockey game early last night so dinner turned out to be a toasted tomato sandwich...MMMMMMMMMM....
so good!

Hope you're all having a fantastic Friday! Please tell me it's sunny somewhere?!?!
Wifey is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-24-2009, 09:59 AM   #2  

S/C/G: 211/181/140

Height: 5'2"

Totally NOT sunny here. Lots of clouds, random downpours and thunder. I'm really not looking forward to this weekend. My husband's cousin was killed earlier in the week so the wake & funeral are Sunday/Monday. This shooting was front page news here locally so I'm sure the funeral is going to be a media circus. Sooo not fun. I don't do well with emotional eating restraints. Yesterday I made a trip to Wendy's for a frosty at lunch and then had a dilly bar from Dairy Queen last night. UGH! I'm going to be trying so hard not to graze all weekend with all the funeral food around. Anyone got any tips?

Sorry to be such a debbie downer. I hope you all have great Fridays!!
UniquelyNormal is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-24-2009, 11:07 AM   #3  

S/C/G: 181/150/135

I wish I could send some of our sun your way. It is been over 100 degress for the past 17 days. It is only 8 o'clock and already too hot to go for a run.

Liz - I am so sorry to hear about your weekend and I am sending you good thoughts. Stay strong!!!

wifey - I really wish we could trade weather for a day. It is so dry and dusty and oppressive here and it sounds like you need one of those days and I could use a nice fresh rain. I hated wedding dress shopping! I was 40 lbs. heavier at the time and the vision I had in my head did not translate well in reality. Oh well, it all turned out well in the end though.

The kids and I are taking off for the next five days for a visit with my mom and dad. It should be fun. And I am excited to have a babysitter and so I might catch a movie with my sister. Is there anything good playing now? I am so out of the loop with movies.
rileyozzy is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-24-2009, 11:14 AM   #4  

S/C/G: 165/155/140

It is sunny, 73 degrees and rising to a high of 89 here in Alabama. So, just old out the world is not turning completely glum.
As for uniquely, I am so sorry to here about your loss. You may want to have a great snack before u leave for any funeral stuff and try to stick to any veggie or fruit trays. As for me I just lost one of my best friends in a tragic accident in March. I done the opposite and quite eating, it lasted for five days. My hubby was not happy, drew the line and made me eat. That is when I began the grief eating. Now, I have to work twice as hard as before just to get where I'm supposed to be because of that. So, I am wishing u lots of luck!!
Jokan is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-24-2009, 12:57 PM   #5  
Less than 15 now!!

S/C/G: 220/*ticker*/145

Height: 5' 4"

Default TGIF Indeed!

Just saying Hi!

Wish being busy would burn calories!
mortonpixie is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-24-2009, 03:36 PM   #6  

Happy Friday everyone!

No big plans for the weekend. My main focus will be on getting everyone packed up, last minute odds and ends, preparing a few meals for my oldest that's staying home, etc.

I'm 1 pound away from joining a new weight bracket! I want to be in a new "land" by the time my flight takes off Thursday morning.

Sending sunshine to all those who are having a cloudy day!!
SunshineCA is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-24-2009, 08:27 PM   #7  
video game junkie

S/C/G: 201/see ticker/150

Height: 5'5"

More SoCal sunshine headed out to those who need it.

Anyone wanna send a good thunderstorm my way? I'm getting sick of this heat.
Lissus is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-24-2009, 09:30 PM   #8  

Quote:
Originally Posted by Lissus View Post
Anyone wanna send a good thunderstorm my way? I'm getting sick of this heat.
Oh my!!! Bite your tongue!!!
SunshineCA is offline   Reply With Quote