Old 07-21-2009, 06:53 PM   #1  

Height: 5'7"

Default Thin4Life - Wk of July 20, 2009

Life has been turned upside down. Last Thursday my dad passed away and I've been on an emotional roller coaster. Today is the first day I've actually had some time to sit down and just "be in the moment".

As you know from my updates my dad had been up and down the past few weeks and last Wednesday we had received a call that he hadn't eaten and wasn't responding to the nurse. Thursday morning he was good--took his pills, ate a big breakfast, talked to both my mom and my son. They left and shortly after they got home we got the call to get everyone together but we didn't make it in time--I guess we weren't supposed to be there with him.

The part that I take comfort in was that Sr. Norma Jean from Hospice was with him and was praying with him when he left this world. She said it was very peaceful. It's been a crazy 6 days and I'm ready to get back into a regular routine.

I'm going back to work tomorrow. I'll check back tomorrow.
MelissaL is offline   Reply With Quote