Old 07-20-2009, 01:44 AM   #1  
I can do anything!

S/C/G: 267/Ticker/150 & BAMF

Height: 5'9.5"

Default Why can't I just chuck my ratty old pajamas???

It's silly really. I've been wearing the same pajama pants for nearly 10 years! Through 2 pregnancies, through weight gain and weight loss... they are in sad shape. I've gotten to the point where they don't really stay on anymore. I don't know why I bother! I've ditched all my old jeans and Ts and my current day clothes fit well... I just can't seem to get past the Pajamas! I was hanging pictures this morning in a pair of PJ pants and a tank top, standing up on the back of the couch, with a hammer in one hand and a nail and picture in the other, and my pants fell clear off! My 5 year old could not stop laughing. I had to call my husband in to help me because I didn't have a free hand to pull them back up! Why do I do this to myself? Remind me, the next time I go clothes shopping... I need lounge clothes!

Maybe it's a comfort zone thing? But man, they finally have got to go! Who makes cute sleep sets these days? I'm a size 12
ValRock is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-20-2009, 03:57 AM   #2  
Chaos in Action

S/C/G: 250/210/160

Height: 5'4

It is funny what is hard to give up! I have some ancient pjs of my own that need to go on to lounge wear heaven, but I just haven't made it there yet.

Target has some really nice lounge clothes right now for good prices.
paradoxx is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-20-2009, 04:04 AM   #3  
This is not a test.

S/C/G: 187/132/127.8

Height: 5'5''/165cm

because they are soo comfy! I am terrible for throwing out pyjamas too
Iconised Ghost is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-20-2009, 05:47 AM   #4  

S/C/G: 155.8/ticker/130

Height: 5 ft 6

I've been meaning to get some new ones too. Gosh.... actually that will be more important in a few days when I stay with my boyfriend (and his whole family).... Can't be walking around at night in horrible pajamas... lol.
Kimmie1989 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-20-2009, 09:25 AM   #5  
Queen Yo-yo

S/C/G: 185/169.2/135

Height: 5'4"

Hahahaha. That was a beautiful image of you hanging pictures and your pj pants just FALLING off.
So, don't throw them out yet. Just invest in some new ones, and keep them around until you feel really comfortable getting rid of them. If you get cute enough new lounge-wear, you might become as attached to it as you are to your old ones, and then you won't mind tossin' em.

And in the mean time... you may need a belt, hehehe.
Jelbb is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-20-2009, 09:32 AM   #6  
Don't Stop Me Now!

S/C/G: 205/177/145

Height: 5-10

I am a sucker for cozy and cute comfy pants - I have so many pairs. I'll go shopping for real clothes I actually need and come home with just more comfy pants and pj pants! So I always have new ones...but I do have my same old tried-and-true favorites that I can't get rid of because they're so perfect and cozy and comfortING!

That being said...anyone have suggestions on where to get jammie pants that are LONG? I am tall with long legs and always struggle to find ones that are long enough. I'll wear any, but I need some that don't look like the Beverly Hillbillies for visits and stuff.
sharongracepjs is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-20-2009, 09:35 AM   #7  
Brighter than the moon!

S/C/G: 220/ticker/145

Old Navy/Gap have really good lounge/pj stuff - and they're long as well.

I never throw pajamas out, I have my favorites and I stick with them. Fortunately they're all draw string so they adjust
stellarosa27 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-20-2009, 09:55 AM   #8  

S/C/G: 197/135/?

Height: 5'7"

There's lots of cute ones out there, and for cheap! Get some, *then* worry about throwing the old ones out. It's easier when you've already replaced them with something cute.
JulieJ08 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-20-2009, 11:23 AM   #9  
I will do this.

.....I am wearing my ratty pj pants now.....

I don't know if I can ever throw them away

Last edited by Taylor86; 07-20-2009 at 11:23 AM.
Taylor86 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-20-2009, 11:32 AM   #10  

S/C/G: 273/ticker/140

lol you sound like me! i had this one pair that i would probably still have BUT..one day (mind you they werent tight at all)..but i sat down on the couch and RIIIIP..they litterally ripped all the way from the middle of the butt down the side of my leg...i miss them so but i am glad no one was around to see it
bitetoobreakkskin is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-20-2009, 11:34 AM   #11  
I can do anything!

S/C/G: 267/Ticker/150 & BAMF

Height: 5'9.5"

LOL I'm glad I'm not alone! I'm going to Target tonight to get some photos printed so I'll see what they have while I wait . I have the same, not long enough problem too! My husband is 4" taller than me and if we stand side by side my legs start about an inch higher than his! It's crazy. I guess I should be thankful for that .
ValRock is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-20-2009, 11:45 AM   #12  
video game junkie

S/C/G: 201/see ticker/150

Height: 5'5"

Target has some really good deals on jammie pants sometimes too. I bought a bunch of pair of size L, even though they were too small, because they were only $2/pair.

Now they all fit and I have plenty of jammie pants to lounge around in, but all my comfy t-shirts are getting too big. ( and )

I can't believe I'm actually bummed that my old geeky oversized t-shirts will soon be a thing of the past.

Definitely keep your eyes on Target though, they usually have some cute things on sale.
Lissus is offline   Reply With Quote