Weight Loss Support Give and get support here!

Old 07-19-2009, 09:57 PM   #1  
Baby Stepping Along

Default Weekend Victories

Always a good idea to remind ourselves and celebrate the things that go right. I know for me, weekends can be more challenging all around so I thought maybe we could all chime in on what went right this weekend!

For me:
Exercised F/Sa/Su and for extended periods all 3 days. I'm back on track for my July exercise challenge and hopefully for getting back in the groove for the long term.

Came home last night and made myself a little dinner including a salad instead of eating out. I was starving and had to drive clear across town. I admit I did go to eat out but the place I went out to was closed and I didn't make a different/worse choice but went home and cooked.

I just made a veggie rich dinner to offset my indulgent lunch at a street fair. I hadn't had any veggies today so when I considered just having a small carb/protein snack, I opted to actually prep and cook veggies. BIG!

Peg
p7eggyc is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-19-2009, 10:07 PM   #2  

S/C/G: 217 /*/140

Height: 5'5"

good job hun. I agree weekends are so NON-ROUTINE. It is easy to fall out of sync with our game plan.
jendiet is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-19-2009, 10:15 PM   #3  

I stayed on plan this weekend with no challenges whatsoever!
SunshineCA is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-20-2009, 09:02 AM   #4  
Back in Action

S/C/G: 213/197/140

Height: 5'6"

What a great idea for a thread. Week after week Sunday night/Monday mornings have always been confession day for all the people who blew it, it's nice to have a thread for those of us who didn't!

Sunday was my 44th Birthday and we went to a buffet at the country club to eat. It was delicious and I did not over indulge. I stayed on plan all weekend even though we had 3 celebrations and a funeral. I wore awesome skinny clothes and felt fantastic in them. The weather was beautiful and I felt like I was in a dream most of the time. Just didn't know I could feel 20X's better at 44 than I did at 42.

Last edited by Lori Bell; 07-20-2009 at 09:03 AM.
Lori Bell is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-20-2009, 09:25 AM   #5  

S/C/G: 175 / 140 / 120

Height: 5'2"

Lori - Sounds like an amazing weekend! Congrats on staying on plan throughout your events.

My major accomplishment this weekend was I went to one of my favorite restaurants with my mom, where I always get pizza, but I special ordered what was basically grilled chicken wrapped in lettuce (no toppings) with a side salad. I asked for dressing on the side and brought my own low cal dressing to use on both the chicken and the salad When I was ordering, it reminded me of that one scene in When Harry Met Sally where she is special ordering her meal.

Oh, originally the meal I ordered was a Chicken Pesto sandwich with provolone cheese, with a side of fries.
peccavi is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-20-2009, 09:26 AM   #6  
Never surrender

S/C/G: 251 current/237 minigoal/180

Height: 5' 9"

Happy Birthday, Lori Bell!

Great work, ladies!

I agree, great thread idea, thanks, Pam, and good timing for me, too. I usually struggle with the weekends. However, heh heh, this weekend I really made a commitment to doing better.

On Friday I went clothes shopping and I took a salad with me to eat in the park for lunch (got lots of walking in and up and down stairs).

Saturday did lots of walking around the neighborhood and made a fish dinner (with black beans and tomatoes) (I'm working on my fish cooking skills). Made a healthy cole slaw for the week, bought canteloupe and blue berries.

Sunday I had another walk and went to the gym for a workout.

Stayed on my eating plan the entire time and I'm down in weight from Friday weigh in to today by over a lb, wow, now THAT's progress for me!

I also spent time reading and posting here to help keep me focused.
dragonwoman64 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-20-2009, 10:18 AM   #7  
Live with Intention

S/C/G: 260.6/see ticker/160

Height: 5'7"

I worked out on Friday and Sunday. I had meals planned for the entire weekend and cooked at home, which saved tons of unwanted calories and money. Yesterday, was really hard for me because I'm PMSing. We stayed too late at Starbucks talking with friends and dinner was delayed, so by the time I got home I was super hungry and grouchy. I wanted pizza and icecream! Instead I had cottage cheese and pineapple, and later because I was still so hungry I had low-fat Triscuits and two Laughing Cow wedges. I'm much better this morning and just got home from doing 7 miles at the gym.
Pita09 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-20-2009, 10:31 AM   #8  

S/C/G: 217 /*/140

Height: 5'5"

wow! what a wonderful job ladies. I had a stressful weekend but stayed on plan too. I also got lots of non-traditional activity in.
jendiet is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-20-2009, 11:31 AM   #9  
I'm changing my life!

Great job, everyone! Weekends are so tough.

I stayed on plan and when I weighed in yesterday, I had finally hit the 10-pound mark. I've really been looking forward to this!
chavwright is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-20-2009, 11:38 AM   #10  

S/C/G: 311/241/235 mini

Height: 5'7"

Ahh weekends are my problem!! I am great all week - but the minute I get out and about Sat and Sun it's eat wherever and whatever. It's like blowing 5days of hardwork for 2 days of bieng irresponsible to my body. Not anymore, I am with you on the weekend war!!
Missunderstood is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-20-2009, 12:52 PM   #11  
Baby Stepping Along

Happy Birthday Lori! Great job ladies! Misunderstood, I hear ya but just try to make some small changes on the weekends and I bet things will start to roll a little easier.

Peg
p7eggyc is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-20-2009, 01:28 PM   #12  
Chaos in Action

S/C/G: 250/210/160

Height: 5'4

Friday and Saturday presented no unusual challenges for me this week. Sunday was a different story however. I had friends over and there was much snacking on junk on their part. However, I abstained. I reminded myself of how hard I had worked doing Turbo Jam that morning and that I didn't want to negate that!
paradoxx is offline   Reply With Quote